• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Cake Boss

Banned
ahem.

Kyle "#1 motherfucking center" Turris

iJJq9ye58JJa5.gif

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I don't know why Leafs fans are so eager to watch Toronto ruin McDavid anyway.

Our last first overall was wendel clark in the middle of the worst ownership in NHL history

Some would say things went pretty well with him

Though he was a defenseman when we drafted him... we played him at forward... probably ballards idea that backfired

zroid

Banned
The perception that Toronto "ruins" its draft picks is odd... they don't ruin them, they trade them

Toronto isn't Edmonton

Many Leafs draftees have gone on to have very successful careers on other teams

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Toronto at least has a structure in place, if a rather damn flimsy one. Edmonton is just a dumpster fire from top to bottom, ownership included.

The perception that Toronto "ruins" its draft picks is odd... they don't ruin them, they trade them

Toronto isn't Edmonton

Which is kind of my point. If he stays in Toronto he's fucked.

Besides, Edmonton has yet to open the floodgates. Who knows what happens with any of those kids if they're ever released from hell.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Toronto isn't Edmonton

Well... leafs did come close to ruining kadri and tlusty

Leafs also prioritize some really shitty players over talented ones for some stupid reason

At least with mcdavid, he'd never see the minors... i'd be more worried about any draft pick from 5-10 tho

zroid

Banned
Which is kind of my point. If he stays in Toronto he's fucked.

Besides, Edmonton has yet to open the floodgates. Who knows what happens with any of those kids if they're ever released from hell.

I get what you mean, but there isn't really much evidence that players' development has been compromised in Toronto. The organization has historically just been really bad at identifying talent in the first place.

Well... leafs did come close to ruining kadri and tlusty

Leafs also prioritize some really shitty players over talented ones for some stupid reason

At least with mcdavid, he'd never see the minors... i'd be more worried about any draft pick from 5-10 tho

Yes... yes they do. Or at least did... I believe in Mark Hunter!

I get what you mean, but there isn't really much evidence that players' development has been compromised in Toronto. The organization has historically just been really bad at identifying talent in the first place.

Fair enough but when I said Toronto I wasn't just talking about the Leafs organization.

zroid

Banned
alright... this loss is in the bag I think. grats Terrordactyl and co. you've got a real hard working team here.

thanks for the 0 points!

Montresor

I don't know why Leafs fans are so eager to watch Toronto ruin McDavid anyway.

The Leafs' problem is a horrible core, but I don't see how we have ruined draft picks recently, as others have said.

Even if we do have a history of ruining draft picks, what's the alternative to "being eager to watch Toronto ruin McDavid". Should we instead hope for Strome? Marner? Hanifin? We should secretly cheer for our team to ruin a less significant prospect instead, for the good of the league? Bugger the rest of the league.

I don't think we are going to get McDavid but the Leafs have a new management group in place with Mark Hunter, Kyle Dubas, and Brendan Shanahan. They haven't proven anything yet but they don't have a history of ruining prospects - they're a fresh group and should be given a chance.

zroid

Banned
lol Booth... If he had produced this way in the games leading up to the deadline we probably could've had a 4th rounder or so. maybe a 3rd.

Top Bottom