• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
5hAKUSB.png

https://twitter.com/6ErikJohnson/status/572204115239014400?s=09

1361a7a1_gladje4ch71.gif

This is why I've written off twitter. I'll look at my timeline for trade info and shit but man, I get salty and all but twitter peeps got me beat by a country mile.

This is why I've written off twitter. I'll look at my timeline for trade info and shit but man, I get salty and all but twitter peeps got me beat by a country mile.

The replies to Johnson's tweet is crazy, I don't understand arguing like that, guarantee that both parties just feel pissed off, nobody wins.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Chris Jonhston:

OK, hockey twitter. I don't think we're quite done yet for the night. #NHLTrade

OK, here's the complete truth: I'm not going to bed yet. I've got good reason to believe something is going down. You make your own choices.

Jonhson chirping actual Wild fans is funny. I'd love to see PK do that to Boston fans, but Boston wouldn't be able to survive their own implosion if he did.

Red's gonna need some Eklund-like way to determine rumour accuracy/likelihood.

I'm coining it Red Rocket 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

"Kessel's local Tim's ran out of his favourite donut, looking to be traded soon - Red Rocket 5."
"Pens looking for another top 6 to play with Malkin / Crosby, willing to part with 2nd round pick and one of Depres / Harrington, have had discussions with ANA and STL (RR7) "

"Yzerman wants a top pairing D and is dangling one of Palat / Kucherov. (RR7) "

"Oilers looking to move Eberle in exchange for top D, 1st round pick and blue chip prospect. Preferably a goalie. MTL, PIT, BOS, ANA, all said to be interested" (RR5)

"Bettman woke up with a 6 foot stick up his ass. No word on whether he has retrieved it yet, will keep you updated"

Easy. Gimme those blog hits Eklund.

zroid

Banned
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 37s37 seconds ago
Boston acquires Brett Connolly from Tampa Bay.

for two 2nds apparently

Red_Man

Connolly to Boston.

Lammmmeeeee.

Edit: 2 second round picks? Lmao good job Boston

Red_Man

Dude has 15 points. I have to say, I'm loving watching all these other Eastern teams give up all these picks like they're nothing for mostly mediocre players.

zroid

Banned
boring. i'm out.

going to have wonderful dreams of Bozak being traded (which is what I dream of most nights)

also for a contender/near-contender Tampa has way too many god damn picks

Red_Man

That Connolly trade must be the one Boston made last night but was probably waiting until Tampa figured out this Coburn stuff. I hate Gudas, I wish he was moved to the WC instead.

ZeroGravity

As soon as I saw we got two seconds for Connolly, I knew Yzerman would finally part with a 1st for a D. Happened pretty quickly it seems.

Really sucks to lose Connolly, as he's finally starting to grow into a decent NHL player, but I don't think he'll ever live up to his draft position. If he comes back to bite us playing for the fucking Bruins, I'll be pissed.

Is Coburn a decent defenseman? Better than Carle at least?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Dude has 15 points. I have to say, I'm loving watching all these other Eastern teams give up all these picks like they're nothing for mostly mediocre players.

Who needs draft picks when other teams can draft them for you! After today's trades the Rangers now have SIX former first round draft picks on the roster who were NOT picked by the Rangers. :D

That's just members of the NHL roster. There might be more down in the minors, but I can't be bothered right now to go looking.

Well today is the day, and LOL Tampa for that price on Coburn. Yzerman learned to overpay from the best. The sad thing though is how much some of the other guys that get traded today will go for, Holland is so going to screw it up.

Cake Boss

Banned
Never mind

"@SunGarrioch: It's well known Chris Phillips wants to finish his career with the #Sens and it's doubtful the veteran defenceman will be moved today."

Fuck shit penis fuck ass tits

Gudas sounds like a second Luke Schenn? Not something I'd want for the Flyers long term D-core, but sounds like someone we can definitely use next season if we can ship Grossman or LSchenn out in the off season. Nice cap hit for the skill set he brings, as opposed to what we're dealing with now.

Should help for a year or two, but the draft picks are clearly the main pieces of the trade. A late first round could still be pretty decent this year, and I definitely trust the Flyers' scouts to make the best of it. Plus, no Coburn'll likely increase the value of our own first.

I'm happy with the trade. This makes Giroux the longest tenured Flyer now, right?

Anyway, best of luck to Coburn in the future. Great incoming trade, solid performance here and a nice outgoing trade.

Yawnier

Banned
You know this next while is going to be slow when Duthie shows footage of Keith Yandle in EA Sports NHL 15

lmaoooooooooo

Top Bottom