• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Solo

Seeing the insane returns for mediocre players teams of getting, if I were the Oilers I'd put RNH or Eberle's name out there just to see how much you could fleece someone.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Told teams have inquired about N.Beaulieu recently, and now J.Tinordi's name is out there. #Habs might not be done yet.
Stay the fuck away from Brolieu

Stay the fuck away from Brolieu

DONT TAKE MY SEADOG

DONT TAKE MY BOY

126914-sad-Clovis-Fernandes-gif-Imgur-FR3n.gif

Solo

I could see Tinordi (and maybe even Eller) + a pick or prospect going somewhere for a Top 6 winger, if he's got his eyes on one.

Red_Man

Cobourn doesn't sound excited at all to be going to Tampa :lol

I could see Tinordi (and maybe even Eller) + a pick or prospect going somewhere for a Top 6 winger, if he's got his eyes on one.
I'll be really surprised if Tinordi is moved. Eller on the other hand I'm expecting.

I hate the salary cap. It nerfed the deadline, and made trades much more difficult to make.

Yup, before the Avs spent on whatever the hell they wanted. It also forced us to lose players and shortened our window to win. Maybe teams like Phoenix wouldn't have been able to stay afloat, but oh no... :|

Parch

The Coburn deal seems like another big overpayment. If Philly could get a 1st and 3rd for Coburn then a 2nd and 5th for Petry is the deal of the century. Montreal wins that deal big time. Ignore that +/- because Petry will help the Habs.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I find it hilarious that so many fake accounts have become so prominent that actual analysts have to now discredit a ton of stuff.

Parch

He'd be their starter.
He'd be another goaltender for McTavish to throw under the bus. Toronto got Bernier because they had no confidence in Reimer as a starter. I think he's proven over and over again that he isn't a starter, but it wouldn't surprise me if McTavish would believe otherwise just because he wants somebody else to blame.

Red_Man

Bergevin trying to trade PAP according to MAG. Not surprised after he didn't play last game even though he was healthy.

ZeroGravity

After sleeping on it, I'm pretty happy with the Coburn deal. Overpayment, but given the organization depth and picks the Lightning already had, it wasn't that steep a price. And I'm happy Yzerman is committed to actually winning a cup this year, which I now feel we have a legitimate shot at.

Bergevin trying to trade PAP according to MAG. Not surprised after he didn't play last game even though he was healthy.

That may have been the only smart move Sakic made this year as Briere's contract is up after this season. That's valuable cap space that can be used elsewhere. Hopefully we can move Briere for a pick today, he has good playoff success after all.

Red_Man

That may have been the only smart move Sakic made this year as Briere's contract is up after this season. That's valuable cap space that can be used elsewhere. Hopefully we can move Briere for a pick today, he has good playoff success after all.
I don't have any problem with PAP, he's a good possession player who's had a low PDO and been a victim to Therrien's constant line shuffling.

Quick

Banned
"I'm a boxing fan, and the champs are the champs, so I'm picking the Los Angeles Kings."

The fuck is this. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
I hate the salary cap. It nerfed the deadline, and made trades much more difficult to make.
Who needs parity in the league? Having a trade deadline with more trades is way better.

Yup, before the Avs spent on whatever the hell they wanted. It also forced us to lose players and shortened our window to win. Maybe teams like Phoenix wouldn't have been able to stay afloat, but oh no... :|
Yep. It sure was cool watching the same 4 teams buy their playoff runs every year.

Who needs parity in the league? Having a trade deadline with more trades is way better.

Yep. It sure was cool watching the same 4 teams buy their playoff runs every year.

More than four teams could "buy" playoff runs, it just deepened on what they had to build off, in that regard it's very similar now. LA and Chicago are always contenders.

Red_Man

"We know the Oilers top priority is goaltending. They either get it done now or in the offseason."

Thanks for showing up Dreger. Really stretching with that one.

Top Bottom