• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

tumblr_m19z5tWaSo1rrqgzno2_250.gif

SOMEBODY STOP THE DAMN MATCH

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I think the Sabres are trying but are just a plain bad team. The Leafs, on the other hand, have given up and gone full tank mode, they're not this bad.

zroid

Banned
The Brewer / MacWilliam pairing sounds like a hoot

I think the Sabres are trying but are just a plain bad team. The Leafs, on the other hand, have given up and gone full tank mode, they're not this bad.

I think most of the good players aren't trying anymore, except a couple, mainly Kadri (playing for a contract) and Rielly (still a kid).

and half the blueliners are AHLers right now so that's certainly not helping

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Broken blade, and the puck goes out of play, dammit Subban.

First line looks so much better with Plekanec centering them.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Are you fucking kidding me? What garbage after the refs don't bother calling the hook calls on Patches. Unreal.

Arturs Irbe deserves a raise for everything he's done this year in Buffalo. No matter who they have as the starter, they seem to thrive. Anders Lindback looked like a respectable NHL goalie within a week of being the new-new starter.

Red_Man

Can't feel bad about the game anyways, they responded well and carried the play for a good portion of the game, and Tampa had two fluke goals. Hopefully Pleks stays with Patches for tomorrow.

zroid

Banned
Stamgod tied with Rick Nash now I think

Can't feel bad about the game anyways, they responded well and carried the play for a good portion of the game, and Tampa had two fluke goals. Hopefully Pleks stays with Patches for tomorrow.

ya, pretty good effort from what I saw

Red_Man

The frustrating part is they can obviously keep up with Tampa, but the only time that happens is when they're done a few goals and abandon Therrien's garbage system and just play.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Another two goal effort.

At least the first line looked much better after dumbass finally fixed it, let's see if it carries over to the next game.

Now if he could just move Agally over to centre and put DD on the wing.

I'm actually proud of the Habs tonight. It was a tough game.but it didn't seem like a total meltdown like in Ottawa. Lightning are a tough nut to crack for us. Good Game Tampa.

Dat Price Stare Down.

zroid

Banned
Man... that Holzer for Brewer and a 5th trade was fucking good, eh? Somhow we actually downgraded from Holzer and got a draft pick out of it.

zroid

Banned
Isn't that normally how trades work for sellers?

Sure, but downgrading from Holzer is a tough sell (plus he had just gotten concussed!)

he's already an AHLer... we just got a worse AHLer in return. Anaheim only made that trade to save some cash because Brewer has a more expensive contract. It was a creative deal, sort of.

Socreges

Banned
Sure, but downgrading from Holzer is a tough sell (plus he had just gotten concussed!)

he's already an AHLer... we just got a worse AHLer in return. Anaheim only made that trade to save some cash because Brewer has a more expensive contract. It was a creative deal, sort of.
The Leafs org definitely had a 'we'll take your terrible contracts if ____' approach to trading this season. Bottomless pockets and zero dignity.

Montresor

I can't be happy about this kind of performance, even if it gets a better draft pick. I didn't watch the Canucks game but in tonight's pre-game they were discussing how Phaneuf was taunted all game long, and was made fun of by even Hansen with a turtling gesture. My heart cant take that. I'm glad I didn't watch that.

I can't be happy about this kind of performance, even if it gets a better draft pick. I didn't watch the Canucks game but in tonight's pre-game they were discussing how Phaneuf was taunted all game long, and was made fun of by even Hansen with a turtling gesture. My heart cant take that. I'm glad I didn't watch that.

You're the hero NHLGAF deserves.

Heretic

The REAL Leafs-Age Captain right here.

Top Bottom