• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Silexx

Anderson is (still) injured. So no need to worry about who is starting for a while.

And so, on behalf of all of Fantasy NHL-Gaf let me say 'Fuck you, Smelly'.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
7c5a8dc374ee480eaddc2e6b0efb2522.0.jpg
Please don't sue me Kave

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Anderson is (still) injured. So no need to worry about who is starting for a while.

And so, on behalf of all of Fantasy NHL-Gaf let me say 'Fuck you, Smelly'.

:lol

I've gone from 9th to 3rd since picking up Hammond :lol

Looking at the remaining games the Leafs have a chance of losing all of them except maybe Buffalo as long as those teams don't decide to suck for some reason. We lost 4-1 to Edmonton you have no excuse. Many free points for the Sens. Get that first round exit.

Socreges

Banned
Jinx spoilers

do you think he conscientiously knew the mic was on and went to the bathroom for his defense? He's too smart to get caught by that twice, a lot on incoherent shit babbled there with some damning confessions. I really find it hard to believe he didn't explicitly go into that bathroom and say that shit for no reason other than to converse with himself internally (albeit externally)
An insanity defense, you mean? If he had the foresight and the wherewithal in that moment to be THAT calculated and devious, I'd think he would have made himself seem totally crazy but not bother admitting to anything so explicitly. Instead, I think the pressure of the situation made him crack and it was incredible.

Pikma

Banned
How in the world did Edmonton and Toronto score 5 goals in 15 minutes and then proceeded to do jackshit for the rest of the game?

What are Coaches Challenges?

Think of a goal waived off because of goalie interference so no review. With the coaches challenege, you can force it to see if there really was interference or not or if the guy was pushed. Stuff like that. Maybe even argue a missed, blatant off-sides that leads to a goal.

Therrien can challenge a penalty called against the Habs now on account of no respeck from the refs.

Coaches will be able to challenge goaltender interference (in terms of a goal, but not penalties), and also puck over the glass calls.

Think of a goal waived off because of goalie interference so no review. With the coaches challenege, you can force it to see if there really was interference or not or if the guy was pushed. Stuff like that. Maybe even argue a missed, blatant off-sides that leads to a goal.

That sounds like something that should of been in the league a long time ago. Good Idea.

zroid

Banned
coach's challenges might also mean the end of icing timeouts, since they will need to preserve their timeouts if they want to challenge. (kind of stupid tbh)

3 on 3 overtime just feels like the teams are taking taking turns on 2 on 1 chances, but i guess it is better than shootouts.

I will always prefer a 3 point system with 1 point för ties and then the game ends.

Tabris

Wow, Alexander Radulov has the 2nd best 5 on 5 points / 60 mins average in the league since 2007, from the 90 games he played. What a loss for NSH.

It goes:

1) Crosby
2) Radulov
3) Malkin
4) H.Sedin
5) D.Sedin

Clydefrog

My dad recently took that ancestry DNA test and found out he was 35% Irish when before he thought he was mostly English. So... yay, happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

RC

Banned
i would've preferred having a 3-3 OT after a 4-4 one. Rather than outrightly replacing 4-4.
Oh well either way we'll get less SO's.

Yawnier

Banned
Looking at the remaining games the Leafs have a chance of losing all of them except maybe Buffalo as long as those teams don't decide to suck for some reason. We lost 4-1 to Edmonton you have no excuse. Many free points for the Sens. Get that first round exit.

The leafs will win a few more games they shouldn't win thanks to timely goals from Bozak and Boyd Devereaux oops I mean David Booth. Would not shock me if they win 1 of their 3 games against the sens.

I look forward to seeing if they will match the total # of points from the 2009-2010 season, which was 74. Man that was an awful leafs team that season too. Old washed up Jason Blake and Giguere, Toskala, Sjostrom, Finger.....

Counterpoint, an article I read the other day:

Early in the 2005-06 season, the Boston Bruins stunned the hockey world when they traded Joe Thornton to San Jose for Brad Stuart, Marco Sturm and Wayne Primeau. On the surface, the deal made no sense. Thornton was then a 26-year-old centre who’d averaged over 80 points a season over the three previous seasons in the middle of the dead-puck era. The three players the Bruins received in return were all second-liners.

In search of illumination, I asked a Bruins insider why they’d make that deal.

“Because Joe’s not a leader and he’ll never be a leader,” said the insider.

Thought about that last week when the feud between Sharks GM Doug Wilson and Thornton became public. Thornton has put up big numbers in San Jose but the Sharks have never made it out of the West with him as the team’s leader.

The Bruins, you may be aware, won the Stanley Cup five years after the trade.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/h...ming+deep+Canucks+playoff/10892126/story.html

It's true that the Sharks never had the supporting cast necessary for Thornton to succeed and they had some bad playoff matchups over the years but at some point you have to say "okay, this hasn't worked and won't work so we need a change".

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So with St. Louis out, AV has decided to go crazytown and do a complete remix of the lines. Expect to see this lineup tomorrow night against the Blackhawks:

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Hayes-Brassard-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Sheppard-Miller
Glass-Moore-Fast

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Boyle
Yandle-Hunwick

Talbot

Top Bottom