• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

zroid

Banned
I dunno how accidental this looks: http://gfycat.com/WarmheartedPerfumedEquestrian
That's a lot of time to reconsider but instead he leans into it and slightly sticks out his arm. He could have done way more damage than he did but there's plenty of intent there as is.

Well it's impossible to know what he was thinking at the time, but he showed concern afterwards, hunching over Fraser. Generally I don't think people do that when they're trying to injure a guy. Maybe I'm wrong tho.

anyway, intent doesn't matter, so it's irrelevant. it's a player's job to avoid those kinds of dangerous hits, regardless of intent.

Well it's impossible to know what he was thinking at the time, but he showed concern afterwards, hunching over Fraser. Generally I don't think people do that when they're trying to injure a guy. Maybe I'm wrong tho.

anyway, intent doesn't matter, so it's irrelevant. it's a player's job to avoid those kinds of dangerous hits, regardless of intent.

I mean sure but like if Steve Downie lays this hit and reacts the same way no one is going to believe it. I certainly wouldn't give him the benefit of the doubt. Hell, if it were Landeskog it would be three solid weeks of MAN HE'S TOTALLY NOT A CAPTAIN. It's possible Kadri didn't mean to hurt him but at the same time I have to question whether or not that's true when the whole time he was lining up he had nothing but head in his sights and still went through with it.

Socreges

Banned

Meaningless. In sports you make split second decisions, many of which are bad ones and you immediately regret once you see the consequences.

Maybe what you want to say is that there was no malice, and few people would disagree with you.

zroid

Banned
I mean sure but like if Steve Downie lays this hit and reacts the same way no one is going to believe it. I certainly wouldn't give him the benefit of the doubt. Hell, if it were Landeskog it would be three solid weeks of MAN HE'S TOTALLY NOT A CAPTAIN. It's possible Kadri didn't mean to hurt him but at the same time I have to question whether or not that's true when the whole time he was lining up he had nothing but head in his sights and still went through with it.

Meaningless. In sports you make split second decisions, many of which are bad ones and you immediately regret once you see the consequences.

Maybe what you want to say is that there was no malice, and few people would disagree with you.

valid points guys, in retrospect i shouldn't have said that anyway.

doesn't make a lick of difference.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I dunno how accidental this looks: http://gfycat.com/WarmheartedPerfumedEquestrian
That's a lot of time to reconsider but instead he leans into it and slightly sticks out his arm. He could have done way more damage than he did but there's plenty of intent there as is.

This is the hit? Yeah, he made the conscious decision to do it. Any normal human being, no matter how "in the moment" they are, would reflexively contort their body to get out of the way of, or at least soften the impact to, a human head.

Good job, Kadri.

This suspension only worries me because he's now a double repeat offender (shitty term I know), so if he gets suspended again it'll be for more games. And if he's a part of the team post-rebuild, it could be costly.

zroid

Banned
By the way since Holland is injured right now, take a look at our centre depth:

img

This is worse than Buffalo at this point right?

By the way since Holland is injured right now, take a look at our centre depth:

img

This is worse than Buffalo at this point right?

Yes

I didn't know Holland was injured. That's too bad. I like him.

As for Kadri's elbow: I will admit that I don't think it looked intentional

The Leafs' inexperienced centres make me happy, though. Outside of Holland's injury, of course.

It'll be good to see what the kids can do, and it'll help the tank which is what matters.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Miller out until the playoffs. That sucks, but it's not as if the Canucks have missed him with Lack playing so well.
I smell a goalie controversy coming

Random fun stat:

Dan Hamhuis has had two fights this season: Voracek and RNH. Both of them wear Nr. 93.

... who else in this league wears Nr. 93 and wants to fight Hamhuis?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers 22m 22 minutes ago
#NYR @ctalbot33: 5th-best GAA in the first 50GP of his NHL career among those who made their NHL debut in modern era (1943-44). @EliasSports
Thank god we won't have to ride this scrub backup for much longer!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
ya'll are soft, play some dota

It's just longer than normal Missions. Some are good, Some are Fustrating and some you need a Mic for everything to work for planning.

Nah Son I seen what LOL/and Dota Games do to you. MOBA games are stress inducing

stress-inducing? Try ruining your goddamn life. I've never felt so frustrated with other people than when playing MOBAs. And I queued up again anyway.

Top Bottom