• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Our lack of chemistry through most of this game is killing us. So often tonight guys weren't where they were expected to be because most of these lines haven't played together. They're only just now sort of figuring things out.

zroid

Banned
If the Kings look like they're getting the 2nd WC with a couple games left to play.... do Anaheim / St. Louis / Nashville self-sabotage to slip down into a Jets matchup? They probably should. :lol

Calamari41

41 > 38
Sutter's new strategy of pasting pictures of the players' wives' faces on the back of the net during practice is paying off. Smart move.

Ursn

How did the ducks end up short handed when it looked like the kings had an interference to begin the fights and penalties? I'm at a sports bar so I really can't hear.

Calamari41

41 > 38
How did the ducks end up short handed when it looked like the kings had an interference to begin the fights and penalties? I'm at a sports bar so I really can't hear.

The interference wasn't all that bad. Stoner didn't see it, he just heard the crowd go ballistic and assumed the Kings were being the Kings and started retaliating.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers power play has now scored once in the last 9 games (and that 1 was a ridiculously lucky Dan Girardi goal). Clearly cost us at least a point tonight.

I'd also say tonight was one of the few times in the past 2 years that AV really fucked it up with the lineup. Hayes looked totally lost out there on the wing, and Brass and Zucc looked kind of lost about what to do with him. Between that and the other changes to the lines AND completely mixing up the D pairings on top of it, it's just too many changes all at once. I saw a lot of guys hesitating tonight instead of making the quick instinctive plays. And when they did make the instinctive play, a lot of times the person on the other end wasn't on the same page.

Then on top of that, Chicago played really well defensively tonight, especially in their own end.

And despite all that, this was still a very winnable game right to the end. Pretty sure that has to be the takeaway from this one.

Top Bottom