• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I'm shocked, shocked I tell you (not really). It's because burrows came back for a shift. Clearly not hurt. Idiots. Nothing will change till the league stop punishing based on injury rather than intent.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
"Hey toffoli, keep throwing those hits, we'll wait til you paralyze someone k?"

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I'm shocked, shocked I tell you (not really). It's because burrows came back for a shift. Clearly not hurt. Idiots. Nothing will change till the league stop punishing based on injury rather than intent.

Bingo, they need to pull their head out of their asses and realize that just because there isn't a devastating injury that there wasn't some intent.

zroid

Banned
Crap. McDavid might not play today due to illness. That would be a shame. :(

would be his final regular season game in junior hockey

iLLmAtlc

I'm willing to accept it... Not all 5 min hits are gonna be suspensions. No head shot, burrows came back, no record, and 5 min penalty probably did it.

zroid

Banned
lol this is great

Derek Stepan on the prospect of 3 on 3 OT:

U9MoPcZ.png

Socreges

Banned
no supplemental discipline for toffoli
Los Angeles is in a playoff hunt. If they don't make it in, Calgary or Winnipeg probably do in their place.

Just sayin'...them's the facts.

Edit- what bothers me the most about the Toffoli hit is that he and Burrows were getting into it not long before. There was absolute fucking malice in that hit - otherwise I might just think it was reckless

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah that probably shouldn't have counted, right? Abby's stick was broken due to the slash by the D man as he shoveled in the rebound. But is that the same as if your stick breaks while taking a slap shot and the puck still manages to go in?

zroid

Banned
Yep... McDavid scratched... for "precautionary" reasons

well it will still be interesting to see if Strome can catch Marner in the scoring race. 3 points back.

ZeroGravity

Yeah that probably shouldn't have counted, right? Abby's stick was broken due to the slash by the D man as he shoveled in the rebound. But is that the same as if your stick breaks while taking a slap shot and the puck still manages to go in?
Stick was already broken before he took the shot on the winning goal, so theoretically shouldn't have counted. Not that I really blame the refs for missing that, but it's another on the list of things expanded replay should be allowed to cover.

Socreges

Banned
No...

[edit] Wow that was the winning goal? Isn't that the second time this season (that I recall) that Detroit has won a game on what should have been a non-goal?

WE WON A GAME!!!!!

No...

[edit] Wow that was the winning goal? Isn't that the second time this season (that I recall) that Detroit has won a game on what should have been a non-goal?

It's a conspiracy!

Seriously any win by any means right now is fine by me, I'll take it, heck I wouldn't even care if they were paying off the other team to stand there, we just need points. Now crush Boston today OK Tampa?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
NHL disciplinary remains a joke.

Edit- what bothers me the most about the Toffoli hit is that he and Burrows were getting into it not long before. There was absolute fucking malice in that hit - otherwise I might just think it was reckless
I'm sure he didn't know who was on the ice.
/Chara

Yawnier

Banned
Freddy the Goat is also due for the Marlies this upcoming season

Going to be interesting if we see one or more of the young centers pushed down to the ECHL or moved to the wing temporarily. If McKegg and/or Carrick, or maybe even Froese make the jump to the leafs bottom 6 next season that would give some room.

Top Bottom