• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Yawnier

Banned
Will not shock me at all if the yotes get #3 overall for them to take Marner over Hanifin. Will have all 3 of the players that are one of the best lines in the chl.

Also there is the Strome hatty lol, ties Marner for 126 points.

Samyy

Will not shock me at all if the yotes get #3 overall for them to take Marner over Hanifin. Will have all 3 of the players that are one of the best lines in the chl.

I wouldn't be shocked if both Marner and Strome go before Hanifin
Edmonton really should take Hanifin though if they get #3

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So PAP was on a french station yesterday and said he thinks Patches should be the next captain. Seems all but inevitable now.

Also, this is from a guy who used to scout for the Habs and is still a good friend with Timmins and had a recent conversation with him:

Trevor Timmins and I were discussing what the team needed going into the trade deadline, and we both agreed that more grit/size in the bottom six was a must. Like me and everyone else who scouted DSP in his draft year there are the weight concerns but he thinks the team can work with him "like they did with PK"..if he ever get that body fat percentage down to where the team would like they may have a really decent player on their hands. Trevor scouted Flynn when he was finishing his college career and really liked him at the time BTW..he really likes the pickup and thinks he'll help the team down the road.

Trust in Timmins

Razorskin

----- ------
So PAP was on a french station yesterday and said he thinks Patches should be the next captain. Seems all but inevitable now.

Also, this is from a guy who used to scout for the Habs and is still a good friend with Timmins and had a recent conversation with him:

Trust in Timmins

Your new Montreal Canadiens Captain.....

David Desharnais!
2Kni3bt.png

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
How will the Bruins embarrass themselves today?

Samyy

Remaining Teams Toronto Plays: Minnesota, Florida, Ottawa (x2), Buffalo, Boston, Columbus, Montreal

Remaining Teams Carolina Plays: Chicago, Pitt, NJ, Boston, Washington, Florida, Philly (x2), Buffao, Detroit (x2)

I only see Toronto winning against Buffalo and maybe 1 of the remaining games against Ottawa, hopefully Carolina can stay ahead :/

At this point I would be shocked if they don't get him.

If it were up to me as a hockey god I would manipulate the odds to do:

1. Toronto - Connor McDavid (Wins the lottery #yolo)
2. Buffalo - Jack Eichel
3. Arizona - Mitch Marner
4. Edmonton - Lawson Crouse
5. Carolina - Noah Hanifin

and then the Wild grab Pavel Zacha who slips hard for no real reason. Edmonton makes the world lol by taking Crouse because he's gritty and that's what Edmonton needs or something.

zroid

Banned
Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie · 2m 2 minutes ago
In honor of Strome-Marner battle for OHL scoring race, I just did a flash poll of 8 NHL scouts to see who they have rated higher right now:

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie · 26s
Four scouts took Strome. Four scouts took Marner. So, that settles that. Well, not really.

Trust in Timmins
Patches is our C. listen to him in interviews. As long as the A is Subban. It's all good

Damn it Razor Pls

Also.. Let's hope Flynn and Mitchell come back soon. I really have no opinion on them yet

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

2. Buffalo - Jack Eichel

and then the Wild grab Pavel Zacha who slips hard for no real reason. Edmonton makes the world lol by taking Crouse because he's gritty and that's what Edmonton needs or something.

You sir, you are a scholar.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Remaining Teams Toronto Plays: Minnesota, Florida, Ottawa (x2), Buffalo, Boston, Columbus, Montreal

Remaining Teams Carolina Plays: Chicago, Pitt, NJ, Boston, Washington, Florida, Philly (x2), Buffao, Detroit (x2)

I only see Toronto winning against Buffalo and maybe 1 of the remaining games against Ottawa, hopefully Carolina can stay ahead :/
Toronto has looked decent against Montreal all year, even with an AHL roster I'm sure the Habs will find a way to make a joke of themselves in the next game between the two.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Toronto has looked decent against Montreal all year, even with an AHL roster I'm sure the Habs will find a way to make a joke of themselves in the next game between the two.

If Price plays I assume he'll show the hart we all know he has and pull out that win.

Merguson

Banned
I don't even know how he's look this year, I just remember people were disappointed with his production at the beginning of the season.

from what I hear he hasn't been bad, but he hasn't developed much over last year

He had 19 points in 25 games by November.. after that he's been at least a PPG pace since then..

63 points in 43 games since then.

It's just stats.. I'm not sure how other areas of his game has developed but he's recovered nicely after the poor start.

Yawnier

Banned

2. Buffalo - Jack Eichel

I can get behind this

Montresor

2. Buffalo - Jack Eichel

My man.

zroid

Banned
He had 19 points in 25 games by November.. after that he's been at least a PPG pace since then..

63 points in 43 games since then.

It's just stats.. I'm not sure how other areas of his game has developed but he's recovered nicely after the poor start.

Wonder if that's related to Ho-Sang's trade from Windsor to Niagara. (he was traded mid-November)

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Um, no? They're begging to be kicked at this point. Look at how Leafs fans react when the opposition scores now.

Whatever!

Solo a few years back when you had that top 5 pick was loving life cheering for the loss. He even made some poems for every team that got eliminated in the playoffs.

Samyy

If you guys don't get McDavid. Strome sounds like a good pick

Unfortunately there's no guarantee we get Strome unless we hold on to 4th overall, even then one of Arizona/Edmonton might bite (whoever ends up #3).

I like Hanifin but prefer forwards that high in the draft :/

Top Bottom