• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
MetatronM, this is us fulfilling our end of that bargain with God the other night. We were allowed to beat the Kings, and you will get your President's Trophy.
Duly noted. I do believe I asked you guys to take it easy on us tonight. :D

Good Guy Ducks

We'll do our best to try to take care of the Kings for you on Tuesday.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hanzal isn't playing, worst that can happen today is Smith hitting someone while raging

Sanjuro

Here's some numbers I pulled up re: Boston 2013-14 vs 2014-15:

NYV68NE.png

As many know, Bergeron is their best forward, and has been for a while. His impact on the possession of the Bruins in the last two years is huge (and about the same both times at +9.2%)

The major difference is, last year when Bergeron was off the ice, the Bruins controlled 53% of play, which is pretty damn good, and would be 6th in the league. (In reality they were 3rd, because Bergeron is awesome).

This year, when Bergeron's off the ice they only control 49.5% of play, which is good for 19th in the league. Massive drop-off. They are basically bad unless Bergeron is playing, and that's a big problem; he can only do so much.

Krecji is dead and shit.

Haha Perry and Boyle fighting.

You would think after vigneault's curse with playoffs and presidents trophy they would shy away

Went to the finals in 2011 after winning the President's trophy. Historically, first place teams usually end up in the Stanely Cup Finals.

Of course they lost in 2012 to the Kings in the first round.

Samyy

I feel like you're just trying to go for the teams that people aren't expecting. Pens won't make it past NYR / Tampa / NYI and probably even MTL with Fleury in net.

I don't think so, I mean in terms of teams people aren't expecting. I'm sure lots of Eastern conference fans don't give a crap about Pittsburgh, and any other team (except maybe Detroit/Boston) would be interesting to watch. For instance, the Isles/Caps/Lightning/Habs because Canada would all be pretty interesting to watch in a final from my perspective. Also who cares about the preds? Its like having the Coyotes in the finals...

Personally I like watching the Wild so I would not mind if they made the finals.

Top Bottom