• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Parch

Winning the President's Trophy is actually pretty great.
Better than not winning it I suppose.
Probably an equal or better accomplishment is making it to the Stanley Cup Finals, but nobody ever remembers the team that loses the Cup. If winning Stanley is considered the ultimate, making the finals means the loser had a pretty good playoff run as well.

Quick

Banned
In non-Bloodborne news, Arkham Asylum and Arkham City are getting remasters.

Kind of okay with that. Wouldn't mind a remaster of the Mass Effect trilogy too.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
@Eddielack said:
Sorry it should have been a gutless piece of s***! #lucic
I don't know what this is referring to but I agree with it.

Kind of okay with that. Wouldn't mind a remaster of the Mass Effect trilogy too.
I missed out on most of last gen, I bought AA but never played it, all these remasters are great for me.

Quick

Banned
I missed out on a few, like both Borderlands. I got both from PS+ free games, but I could hardly get through the first few levels of Borderlands 1.

I also missed out on Far Cry 3, and I finally bought it and ran into that same issue.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!

I would buy that just for ME1, and throw the other two in the trash as soon as I opened it.

Red_Man

Pulling a Socreges because I got so much shit for this originally:

It's a good thing and a bad thing, it's good because he doesn't scramble and get frazzled but its bad when he becomes too casual and isn't aggressive enough. Our best off season acquisition has been Stephane Waite, I think he'll do wonders for Price and balance him out. If he figures that out he can be the best goaltender in the world.

Yeah............... no

Translation: Bergevin and Craig Button.

I'm sure some reputable people believe(d at some point) that Price could be #1, but reputable people say hyperbolic things all the time, particularly if there's a camera in front of them.

If we're going to say Price could be the #1 goalie in the league, let's extend that to another 25 active goalies as is necessary and make the claim irrelevant.

For price to be #1 someone would have to go fuck up Quick beyond repair.

Price is good-great but he's not winning any Vezinas

Price has talent, no one disagrees with that, but he's not very consistent and clearly has holes in his games that needs to work on. I see him as someone who would either turn into an elite goaltender, or a Fleury. Unless he's able to mold that raw talent into something consistently usable, he won't be a top 5 goaltender.

Price is also still extremely young for a goaltender, and you can't say for certain where his development will take him yet.

I am just trying to get through his head that hes not a top5goalie anymore.

Sorry if it looked like I was yelling or some shit.

gtdddtW.gif

I hope you guys repent and find your way to the path of our lord and saviour Carey Price.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I don't know what this is referring to but I agree with it.

I missed out on most of last gen, I bought AA but never played it, all these remasters are great for me.

Lack is having a pad-design contest for which Miller submitted his own design:

Have a lot of time on my hands so I decided to enter @eddielack pad competition. I think I nailed it. pic.twitter.com/y5s5rzCEaB

Then happened this tweet:

@RyanMiller3039 just called me a piece of s*** for not choosing his design! #itstoughoutthere

And then this one:

Sorry it should have been a gutless piece of s***! #lucic

:lol note the addition of the word gutless specifically for lucic :lol

Tl;dr: having hilarious twitter accounts is a prerequisite for being a Vancouver goalie

I hope you guys repent and find your way to the path of our lord and saviour Carey Price.

17Tk4QI.gif

You should probably be ashamed of yourself, like really ashamed of yourself, also let's see if he can keep it up for more than a year and how he does in the playoffs.

Silexx

gtdddtW.gif

You can forgive the SENS-GAF posters here because in our defense, whenever we see Price play he looks like AHL Andrew Hammond.

Socreges

Banned
Amazing lack of self-awareness. You do it more often than I do, ya big baby. But who cares, it's a great tool.

You also removed my post from its context (SpectreFire also wasn't wrong). I was replying directly to this:

Almost every GM and reputable person in hockey disagrees with you.
That simply wasn't true. And my point was that you could say the same of so many goalies when you talk about potential. Grats, though. Price is having an unbelievable season. Let's see if he can bring it into the playoffs.

Red_Man

You can forgive the SENS-GAF posters here because in our defense, whenever we see Price play he looks like AHL Andrew Hammond.
........touche.

Montreal-Wings would be glorious
I think we can beat Detroit, but I also think that Babcock would run circles around Therrien.

That simply wasn't true. And my point was that you could say the same of so many goalies when you talk about potential. Grats, though. Price is having an unbelievable season. Let's see if he can bring it into the playoffs.
There was a lot more faith in him among hockey management, scouts, executives, etc than in fans back then even when he was struggling. I doubt he can replicate the season he's having now, it's statistically one of the best of all time, but he's solidified himself at the top.

What I'd like to see for the play offs is

For the East: Habs vs Wings

Tampa vs Sens/Florida

NYI vs Rangers (that can be second round)

For the West:

Wild vs Preds( This is one Upset I'd like see, Go Wild)
Ducks vs Whoever.

Red_Man

He needs every team to agree to let him back in, right? Why in the world would the Devils approve him?
Only for the first year. If they say no he has to wait and then can come in the season after without the GM's approval.

iLLmAtlc

I doubt there's much bad blood with the Devils/NHL. Let's not forget he kinda did them a big favour too by getting the contract (liability) off the books to help facilitate the Devils' sale. Little cap recapture, and saved them a ton in real dollars.

If they wanted to fight it, they probably could have. That wasn't a retirement at all, he just dressed it up as such to get out of the contract. Why even have a memo of understanding between leagues if players could just do that.

I think we would fair well playing Montreal than Tampa, of course we suck against any team with a good goalie no matter how the rest of the team is, so we're screwed either way.

Red_Man

Islanders, Lightning, and Rangers are the East teams I don't think the Habs would be able to beat in 7 games, Islanders less so than TB / NYR. Big question for the Lightning will be Bishop seeing as he has yet to play a playoff game.

Pleasantly surprised about the Canucks' performance in the last two games. Didn't expect them to beat LA, and expected a letdown against Arizona the following night. They'll probably lose their next game.

Perspective. Those posts are from July 2013, before Price put himself on the map with his Olympics performance. I bet if you go even further back you could find Habs fans up in arms over the Halak trade and how Price won't ever reach that level. I guess those fans are eating crow now.

The fact is that Price was a good goalie until the Olympics and the playoffs run showed everyone that he was a great goalie. This season puts him in the elite category, for sure. The question is whether he can sustain this level in the playoffs and upcoming seasons.

It also makes me wonder how much better Schneider's numbers would be if he was on a better team.

Red_Man

Perspective. Those posts are from July 2013, before Price put himself on the map with his Olympics performance. I bet if you go even further back you could find Habs fans up in arms over the Halak trade and how Price won't ever reach that level. I guess those fans are eating crow now.

The fact is that Price was a good goalie until the Olympics and the playoffs run showed everyone that he was a great goalie. This season puts him in the elite category, for sure. The question is whether he can sustain this level in the playoffs and upcoming seasons.

It also makes me wonder how much better Schneider's numbers would be if he was on a better team.
The point is that a lot of Habs fans who have watched him develop since he was drafted knew he would be able to reach a point of vying for top goalie in the league, while most other fans had already written him off because of a couple meh seasons. A lot of his struggles were do to lack of maturity in his game which has been the biggest improvement in him, and Waite has been able to stabilize him. His level of play now is historically one of the best ever, I doubt he'll replicate this season again, but he should be at the top of the league in terms of goal tending for years to come. I see Schneider as a top 5 goalie now, the fact NJ is going to miss the playoffs with the numbers he put up this season is insane.

zroid

Banned
Price probably won't replicate this success next season, as goalie performance tends to fluctuate wildly from year to year. But he's been so much better than everyone else this year, I'd bet on him being the best again next year too, if not quite as dominant.

This season has been almost historically good for Price. Right up there with some of Hasek's best years.

Top Bottom