• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Keep hatin' haters, you hate us cause you ain't us.

74489-jim-carrey-gif-what-the-hell-a-Ly3J.gif

Everybody here wants us to win the Presidents Trophy so they don't have to. :D

Quick

Banned
OKAY OKAY ALRIGHT BORSCHT

NOW, YOU COMRADES KNOW I LIKE VODKA, VISORS AND HOT DOGGING, YES. I LIKE TO SIT OUTSIDE IN THE SIBERIAN WASTELAND AND DO ALL ACTIVITIES WRITTEN WITHIN THE COMMUNIST MANIFESTO, LIKE DISLIKING FREEDOM AND CHALLENGING BEARS, YES.

Communist-manifesto.png

ANYWHO, LET ME SHOW YOU THIS GREAT EXAMPLE OF COMMUNIST IDEALS, YES?

Keep hatin' haters, you hate us cause you ain't us.

THE COMMUNIST MANIFESTO TEACHES US TO HATE FREEDOM AND LOVE OPPRESSION AND HOT DOGS. NOW, LOOK AT THIS NYR CHARACTER. I'M GUESSING THAT STANDS FOR "NOT YOUR RUBLE", YES. ANYWHEYBREAD, THIS NYR CHARACTER FOLLOWS THE MANIFESTO EXACTLY. LOOK AT THE ARROGANCE HE CARRIES "WE ARE #1" - YOU KNOW WHO SAID THAT, TOO? COMRADE STALIN. IF YOU GO TO HIS TOMB AND LOOK AT HIS FINGER, IT'LL BE POINTING TO INDICATE THAT COMMUNISM IS #1.

COMRADE NYR, I LOVE YOUR COMMITMENT TO COMMUNISM, YES. WE ARE #1, HATERS WILL HATE, AND THEY HATE US BECAUSE, YES, THEY AIN'T US, YES. I SHALL BE MAILING YOU A COPY OF THE COMMUNIST MANIFESTO TO BETTER BECOME MORE ARROGANT AND PROFESS YOUR COMMUNISM BETTER, YES.

NOW, LET ME TELL YOU KIDS A STORY: I WAS IN THE BATHROOM STALL, TAKING MANY POOPS AND EXCHANGING MANIFESTO NOTES TO MY COMRADES IN UKRAINE LIKE HERETIC, YES, WHEN A BUNCH OF THOSE FREEDOM LOVING CANADIANS RAN INSIDE THE OTHER BATHROOM STALL BESIDE ME. WHILE I WAS IN THE BATHROOM STALL, THERE WAS THIS OTHER GENTLEMAN WASHING HIS HANDS AND HE JUST LOOKED REALLY ANGRY, YES. I LEAVE MY BATHROOM STALL OPEN BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT THE MANIFESTO COMMANDS, YES. ANYBOBBLEHEADS, I FINISH UP AND LEAVE BECAUSE THOSE PESKY CANADIANS STARTED HOLDING HANDS AND SINGING THEIR NATIONAL ANTHEM, YES, AND IT WAS REALLY ANNOYING. SO ANNOYING THAT I FORGOT TO WASH MY HANDS. IT'S OKAY THOUGH, BECAUSE I CARRY STALIN'S TEARS IN A BOTTLE FOR ME TO WASH UP LATER. AS I WAS WALKING AWAY, A BUNCH OF COMRADES RAN INSIDE THE BATHROOM, EXCHANGING MANIFESTO NOTES THEMSELVES.

THOSE COMRADES REMINDED ME OF VLADISLAV TRETIAK. STALIN BLESS THEM.

ibyxZdOd5q8dd7.png

Socreges

Banned
I love that even Meta called NYR out

Here's some numbers I pulled up re: Boston 2013-14 vs 2014-15:

NYV68NE.png

As many know, Bergeron is their best forward, and has been for a while. His impact on the possession of the Bruins in the last two years is huge (and about the same both times at +9.2%)

The major difference is, last year when Bergeron was off the ice, the Bruins controlled 53% of play, which is pretty damn good, and would be 6th in the league. (In reality they were 3rd, because Bergeron is awesome).

This year, when Bergeron's off the ice they only control 49.5% of play, which is good for 19th in the league. Massive drop-off. They are basically bad unless Bergeron is playing, and that's a big problem; he can only do so much.
Interesting that the drop off with or without is almost exactly the same.

Socreges

Banned
Winning the President's Trophy is actually pretty great. Not for the trophy itself, which really is meaningless, but for what it represents. It's normally indicative of one thing: you've just seen your team play awesome hockey for 7 months. When you watch almost every game, like many of us do, that means a lot of fun.

Canucks still haven't won a Cup, of course. But that 2011 run was easily one of the best experiences of my life.* And those two dominant seasons were fucking sweet.

Coincidentally, also one of the fucking worst!

Clydefrog

OKAY OKAY ALRIGHT BORSCHT

NOW, YOU COMRADES KNOW I LIKE VODKA, VISORS AND HOT DOGGING, YES. I LIKE TO SIT OUTSIDE IN THE SIBERIAN WASTELAND AND DO ALL ACTIVITIES WRITTEN WITHIN THE COMMUNIST MANIFESTO, LIKE DISLIKING FREEDOM AND CHALLENGING BEARS, YES.

Communist-manifesto.png

ANYWHO, LET ME SHOW YOU THIS GREAT EXAMPLE OF COMMUNIST IDEALS, YES?

THE COMMUNIST MANIFESTO TEACHES US TO HATE FREEDOM AND LOVE OPPRESSION AND HOT DOGS. NOW, LOOK AT THIS NYR CHARACTER. I'M GUESSING THAT STANDS FOR "NOT YOUR RUBLE", YES. ANYWHEYBREAD, THIS NYR CHARACTER FOLLOWS THE MANIFESTO EXACTLY. LOOK AT THE ARROGANCE HE CARRIES "WE ARE #1" - YOU KNOW WHO SAID THAT, TOO? COMRADE STALIN. IF YOU GO TO HIS TOMB AND LOOK AT HIS FINGER, IT'LL BE POINTING TO INDICATE THAT COMMUNISM IS #1.

COMRADE NYR, I LOVE YOUR COMMITMENT TO COMMUNISM, YES. WE ARE #1, HATERS WILL HATE, AND THEY HATE US BECAUSE, YES, THEY AIN'T US, YES. I SHALL BE MAILING YOU A COPY OF THE COMMUNIST MANIFESTO TO BETTER BECOME MORE ARROGANT AND PROFESS YOUR COMMUNISM BETTER, YES.

NeamuP2.jpg

NOW, LET ME TELL YOU KIDS A STORY: I WAS IN THE BATHROOM STALL, TAKING MANY POOPS AND EXCHANGING MANIFESTO NOTES TO MY COMRADES IN UKRAINE LIKE HERETIC, YES, WHEN A BUNCH OF THOSE FREEDOM LOVING CANADIANS RAN INSIDE THE OTHER BATHROOM STALL BESIDE ME. WHILE I WAS IN THE BATHROOM STALL, THERE WAS THIS OTHER GENTLEMAN WASHING HIS HANDS AND HE JUST LOOKED REALLY ANGRY, YES. I LEAVE MY BATHROOM STALL OPEN BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT THE MANIFESTO COMMANDS, YES. ANYBOBBLEHEADS, I FINISH UP AND LEAVE BECAUSE THOSE PESKY CANADIANS STARTED HOLDING HANDS AND SINGING THEIR NATIONAL ANTHEM, YES, AND IT WAS REALLY ANNOYING. SO ANNOYING THAT I FORGOT TO WASH MY HANDS. IT'S OKAY THOUGH, BECAUSE I CARRY STALIN'S TEARS IN A BOTTLE FOR ME TO WASH UP LATER. AS I WAS WALKING AWAY, A BUNCH OF COMRADES RAN INSIDE THE BATHROOM, EXCHANGING MANIFESTO NOTES THEMSELVES.

THOSE COMRADES REMINDED ME OF VLADISLAV TRETIAK. STALIN BLESS THEM.

ibyxZdOd5q8dd7.png

67IEekF.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Winning the President's Trophy is actually pretty great. Not for the trophy itself, which really is meaningless, but for what it represents. It's normally indicative of one thing: you've just seen your team play awesome hockey for 7 months. When you watch almost every game, like many of us do, that means a lot of fun.

Canucks still haven't won a Cup, of course. But that 2011 run was easily one of the best experiences of my life.* And those two dominant seasons were fucking sweet.

Coincidentally, also one of the fucking worst!

True story: the first time I ever saw the Rangers actually at Madison Square Garden (as opposed to seeing them play the Devils in the Meadowlands) was the night they were presented with the Presidents Trophy in 1994. The actual game itself was a tie with the Flyers, the final game of the regular season. That was also the last time I saw them at MSG until 2012.

So for a looooooong time my only memory of attending a hockey game at MSG was linked pretty strongly with the Presidents Trophy, which is probably at least one reason why I'm less "ohhh nooooo, the curse!" and more like "yeah, that would be pretty rad, let's do it!"

That all worked out pretty well for us, too.

Quick

Banned
Road to the Stadium Series Part 3: Dogs Editions.

- Lewis and Doughty shenanigans. Looks like some Kessel/Bozak levels.
- Future Leaf Captain Pavelski flexing some leadership.
- Anze Kopitar legit seems like a really chill dude.
- DOGS

Just wait till I post a Bloodborne shipment tracking thread

:lol I'm expecting it at some point over there.

Screw Bloodborne/Dark Souls, whatever it is, Witcher 3 is less than two months away!!!

That'll get the same treatment. Every "big" game does. The Order was the worst in recent memory, IMO. Just tons and tons of them. Threads for reviews, threads for impressions, threads for discussing the story, threads for discussing how much of a letdown it is, threads for future improvement, and so on and so on.

And it's not just because they're on a platform I don't have. I'm a huge Halo fan but there was no reason to have three different threads on the H5:G beta a few months back, no reason to have 18 different threads when MCC came out, and I am fully expecting to see no reason why H5 will have 34 different threads when that comes out.

At least we can all forge a new alliance between the Wild and Maple Leafs tonight. You guys want to lose, we want to win. Let's party.

:lol I'm expecting it at some point over there.

That'll get the same treatment. Every "big" game does. The Order was the worst in recent memory, IMO. Just tons and tons of them. Threads for reviews, threads for impressions, threads for discussing the story, threads for discussing how much of a letdown it is, threads for future improvement, and so on and so on.

And it's not just because they're on a platform I don't have. I'm a huge Halo fan but there was no reason to have three different threads on the H5:G beta a few months back, no reason to have 18 different threads when MCC came out, and I am fully expecting to see no reason why H5 will have 34 different threads when that comes out.

At least we can all forge a new alliance between the Wild and Maple Leafs tonight. You guys want to lose, we want to win. Let's party.

Halo 5 is going to be so good though....

I really think it's going to be good.

Top Bottom