• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Perry level shenanigans here
hkjfladskjhf.0.gif

Are you fucking serious? The skycam is a gimmick piece of shit. It's the helicopter camera of winter classics now with shitty angles and obscured vision of the puck.

Ah, but the use it well. It is largely used during replays when they captured something good instead of trying to broadcast much of the game with it. And when it works, it really works, they can follow an entire play from one end of the ice to the other with a single uncut shot and it is excellent.

zroid

Banned
Mike Weber on the fans in Buffalo tonight:

“I’ve always spoken extremely high of our fans. I don’t even know if disappointed is the word. They score that first one and our fans are cheering. Late penalty, they cheer. They cheer when they score to win the game.

I don’t even know what to say. This is extremely frustrating for us. We don’t want to be here. We understand where we are. We understand what this team’s doing, what the organization’s doing, the place we’ve put ourselves in. I’ve never been a part of something like that, where the away team comes into a home building and they’re cheering for them. Again, I respect our fans. I love our fans. I show up to work everyday to whatever I can for them, and to play hard for them and my teammates… Again, I’ve never seen that before. I don’t know what else to say.”

“This is two years in a row now. Physically, mentally, this sucks. To compound things, you have your home fans cheering against you. Again, I’ve never been a part of that. Obviously, what doesn’t kill ya makes you stronger, I guess. But this is a whole new low right now.”

damn

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Just saw the Islanders haven't won a home game in a full month (Feb. 27). In that span they've lost to the Hurricanes, Rangers, Senators, Canadiens, Wild, and Kings. Mostly tough teams, but the Isles had been really dominant in the ol' barn for most of the season. They had been 23-8-0 at home prior to this stretch. Does help explain how we've suddenly managed to get so much separation from them in the standings.

Oh, and their next two home games are against the Ducks and Wings. Two more teams that aren't exactly pushovers.

Wonder what's going on out there on the Island.

eyeless

it's betta den dat, leafs with 75 gp, carolina with 2 games in hand

carolina wins to tie our row and go up 4 points, we lose and rielly sets up carrick for his first nhl goal with a great effort and sick pass, that top 5 strome/hanifin/marner guarantee chances lookin alright, what a time to be alive

eyeless

the new lottery odds are dumb, i bet it's almost guaranteed someone above the top 5 gets mcdavid, like someone who is already a decent team is going to get mcdavid and just rocket outta the stratosphere
i think the flyers or avs or something won it the first time i ran it

bottom 5 chances don't mean shit

imagine if/when the sharks or bruins win it, like that shit ain't fair

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
the new lottery odds are dumb, i bet it's almost guaranteed someone above the top 5 gets mcdavid, like someone who is already a decent team is going to get mcdavid and just rocket outta the stratosphere
i think the flyers or avs or something won it the first time i ran it

bottom 5 chances don't mean shit

imagine if/when the sharks or bruins win it, like that shit ain't fair

I just hope if the leafs don't win, someone in front of them does.

And next year onwards the draft lottery is the first 3 picks...

eyeless

I just hope if the leafs don't win, someone in front of them does.

And next year onwards the draft lottery is the first 3 picks...
yep, finally the leafs decide to rebuild and are potentially shitty enough to get a top 3 pick, maybe shitty enough to finish last, and it's when finishing third last means there's a good chance you'll pick sixth, and every year isn't this deep, we'll probably end up getting a bust like schenn/filatov/gagner or something

fuck everything

Watching the rangers dismantle the sens just reminds me how dominant the kings truly are. Rangers wouldnt be able to get away with half those passses they made last night against the kings. Such an annoying team to play against

So Leaf fans, how do you deal with knowing that your team is complete garbage and is blowing away its locked up playoff position and will very likely be passed up within the next week or so, falling out of contention?

Hey Terror, how about tonight's game goes to overtime or a shootout so we both get points, eh?

That way, we both keep moving up the standings and those fucks in Los Angeles get left behind.

What do you say?

Top Bottom