• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

ShaneB

At least he's better than Al Koken.

i7H0qx1qr8GDS.png

Smokin' Koken has his moments, but yeah, it's time he rides off into the sunset. He's on the broadcast so little at times he doesn't seem too much a bother anyway.

Solo

Sorry, no need to reward intentional tankers (Buffalo), management catastrophes (Edmonton), awful markets (Arizona), or the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Wasn't Murray quoted as saying that players who want out should play well to showcase themselves for a trade?

Neuvirth's averages over his last 5 games:
.935 SV%
41 shots

calder

That neuvirth trade is, even for the current openly tanking environment, shocking.

I hoped the Sabres lost the lottery already, now I hope they lose a million times more, shameful.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
That neuvirth trade is, even for the current openly tanking environment, shocking.

I hoped the Sabres lost the lottery already, now I hope they lose a million times more, shameful.
I get the motives behind it, but when it's so blatant and you're trading away any player that plays well, you're creating and breeding a toxic and losing environment. Seems a bit extreme.

calder

Chad Johnson with an elite level response to Duthie's loaded question about joining a tanking team mid-tank. So diplomatic!

Lol Duthie goes right back to the tanking, tries to get him to admit the Sabres want him to play shitty.

calder

I get the motives behind it, but when it's so blatant and you're trading away any player that plays well, you're creating and breeding a toxic and losing environment. Seems a bit extreme.
Yeah, and the thing is the Sabres are making a team that's not going to be able to just stop losing in a year. There's no switch to flip that will make a team this deliberately awful get noticeably better even if McDavid is there.

Why do we need more forwards? Must be something else in the works.

This was the lineup last night:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Vrbata-Bonino-Higgins
Vey-Matthias-Dorsett
Hansen-Horvat-Kenins

Injured: Richardson, Burrows

Poor Conacher. He was traded for Bishop once.

EDIT: The thing about the obvious tank job by the Sabres is who their starting goaltender will be in a couple years. Do they have a guy in the minors ready to come up and play?

Red_Man

Wilson admitting he was asked to lose on purpose by management one time. I'm surprised he's admitting this on tv.

@TSNBobMcKenzieBob McKenzie 2:14 PM
Jordan Leopold to MIN from CBJ.

@BBartsBrian Bartlett 2:13 PM
Goalie David Leggio has been traded to the Coyotes.

The Wild need more defencemen?

Wild's third pairing has been bad all year. Plus Spurgeon has a concussion and is going to miss his 6th game tomorrow night and Scandella got hurt in Colorado.

Dumba's emergence has been awesome for the team but with the #3 and #4 guys hurt it makes sense to bring in another guy.

Acid08

Banned
Ah, Tierney got called up and TMac expects Smith to be here by game time. Finally, the bottom six DW has meticulously crafted over the past few months will come alive!

Goodrow-Hertl-Wingels
Scott-Tierney-Smith

Red_Man

I was hoping for a top 6 winger, but with the how high the prices have been this deadline, I understand if Bergevin can't pull anything off.

Ah, Tierney got called up and TMac expects Smith to be here by game time. Finally, the bottom six DW has meticulously crafted over the past few months will come alive!

Goodrow-Hertl-Wingels
Scott-Tierney-Smith

Is that bad?

I really don't know :(

Tabris

Wilson admitting he was asked to lose on purpose by management one time. I'm surprised he's admitting this on tv.

I'm trying to figure out what year he's talking about. I assume Washington Capitals?

I think he's talking about drafting Kris Beech in 1999 entry draft.

Top Bottom