• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ken Campbell ‏@THNKenCampbell 1m1 minute ago
Detroit getting Marek Zidlicky for a 3rd rounder in 2016 kills a deal for Dion Phaneuf.
C'mon, Leafs. Pull something hilarious, please!

Interesting trades by the Lightning. Gudas, a 1st, and a 3rd for Coburn seem like overpayment, but maybe Coburn will do better on a stronger team. Connolly for two 2nds seem like a lot for Boston to pay but I guess they needed scoring and Connolly was redundant on a team with talented forwards. Drouin will probably get more ice time as a result.

I have a feeling the Canucks will stand pat today. They might offload a forward for a pick.

Well we got an old guy which is a "go figure" type move, the difference is that this one is actually pretty good and fits what we need.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Good deal.

Holland added two guys who are over 35. Shocking news.

zroid

Banned
We already got rid of Clarkson people. Cool your jets. Phaneuf can stay for a little while longer at least.

pringles

I like the addition of Zidlicky a lot. We're not old on defense, we can actually really use a veteran and he fits the bill for what we need.

Kronwall-Ericsson
Dekeyser-Zidlicky
Quincey-Marchenko

Would be a really nice lineup. The addition of Cole up front and we've had a good day without giving up a ton. Much prefer this over some big Phaneuf deal that handcuffs our options for 6 years.

Spl1nter

Trading Phaneuf and Kessel has always made more sense during the summer. You just cant move those types of contracts during the season effectively. Just hoping we can get some token picks for Jokinen and Booth.

zroid

Banned
Trading Phaneuf and Kessel has always made more sense during the summer. You just cant move those types of contracts during the season effectively. Just hoping we can get some token picks for Jokinen and Booth.

Exactly better to wait till the right offer comes along. We have cap room now, there's no massive rush to unload the contract.

I'd love it if they could work something out with the Oilers. The Leafs have two number one goaltenders, too, after all ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°

Sounds good to me. Neither goalie is a championship tender anyways.

Yeah, hopefully those guys are moved at the very least.

Exactly better to wait till the right offer comes along. We have cap room now, there's no massive rush to unload the contract.

That's true. I'm just impatient and sick of Dion and Phil.

Yandle trade is bonkers. Rangers gave up a lot, but their defence looks scary. McDonagh, Girardi, Klein, Staal, Yandle, Boyle.

When Lundqvist comes back they'll be a contender for sure.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Unless Cox suddenly starts calling the games, they're completely easy to ignore. And are you settling for this trash? Are you going to stop watching Canadiens games? You can completely tune out everything but the broadcast of the game if you so choose. Heck, watch the RDS feed!

There are morons on the TSN crew, just as there are dopes on the Sportsnet panel, why they kept PJ Stock is beyond me, but man is it ever easy to ignore him and simply not watch or listen. The same for O'Neil on the TSN panel or Aaron Ward, etc or Steve fuckign Simmons, and thankfully I am hearing less of Gord Miller calling games.

Except it is easy to ignore. And really I just don't see the big deal when it comes to these folks and whatever opinion they might have. Are you saying they should have the exact same opinion as you? Who cares if some of the shit they say is outlandish. I listen to Brady/Walker on fan590 most days, if Cox is a guest, it's no big deal to me.

Ah well, I like both Sportsnet and TSN at times. There's also a shit ton of other ways to get hockey content and analysis *shrug* Just crazy seeing so much hate when it's just mostly guys talking hockey, crazy opinions or not.

Fuck that, why do I have to accept garbage analysts on a shit broadcast?

The ratings have been bad for a reason. I ignore them whenever possible as I've said. I don't follow them on twitter, I don't read any of their articles unless it's linked here and not referenced it's from one of them.

They don't have to have the same opinion as me but when you as an analyst or reporter write articles where you personally attack a player you don't deserve to be up there.

It's fine if you like them and listen to them but get off your high horse looking down on us as if we're wrong for wanting something different.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Didn't Dreger have Lupul and Bozak at 60-70% chance of moving today like a week ago? Now he's saying they're probably not going anywhere :lol

Fuck that, why do I have to accept garbage analysts on a shit broadcast?

The ratings have been bad for a reason. I ignore them whenever possible as I've said. I don't follow them on twitter, I don't read any of their articles unless it's linked here and not referenced it's from one of them.

They don't have to have the same opinion as me but when you as an analyst or reporter write articles where you personally attack a player you don't deserve to be up there.

It's fine if you like them and listen to them but get off your high horse looking down on us as if we're wrong for wanting something different.
Preach brother

john-mayer-kanye-west-high-five-gif.gif

Parch

Interesting trades by the Lightning. Gudas, a 1st, and a 3rd for Coburn seem like overpayment, but maybe Coburn will do better on a stronger team.
Gudas is such a shit disturber, so he's going to fit in nicely with the Flyers.
Coburn is some nice depth for the Tampa defence, but I don't know if he's going to be a major impact on the team. It's a pretty big overpayment IMO.

yyzjohn

Banned

Forgot about Jokinen and Booth, where the hell are our 5th and 6th round picks?

keezy

I like the addition of Zidlicky a lot. We're not old on defense, we can actually really use a veteran and he fits the bill for what we need.

Kronwall-Ericsson
Dekeyser-Zidlicky
Quincey-Marchenko

Would be a really nice lineup. The addition of Cole up front and we've had a good day without giving up a ton. Much prefer this over some big Phaneuf deal that handcuffs our options for 6 years.

Wings need somebody with a spine who will help out their Captain when he's getting punched in the head off a face off and then misses the following several games.

To be fair Cole might help alleviate this.

Parch

I wish the Panthers, Oilers, Stars or Sabres would take Phil and/or Dion.
Blech on Kessel, but I'd take Phaneuf on the Oilers just to piss off the Flames.
Big emphasis on "take". As in primarily a salary dump. If they're expecting one of the top young forwards for that ridiculous contract, dream on.

Foggy

Portzline when asked over/under for trades today, he said over 2. Certainly Leopold will be shipped somewhere. That leaves Wiz, Letestu, Atkinson, Anisimov(?), Calvert(?), some other D man if the price is right.

Wiz for Phaneuf is gonna happen. I just know it.

Acid08

Banned
I wonder what our lineup tonight will look like. I mean we traded three bottom six forwards and I doubt Smith will be in tonight.

Basically what I'm saying is, congrats on the two points Habs.

Solo

I wonder what our lineup tonight will look like. I mean we traded three bottom six forwards and I doubt Smith will be in tonight.

Basically what I'm saying is, congrats on the two points Habs.

Habs have definitely bucked a LOT of their historical trends this season, so anything could happen, but I will say that the California road swing usually goes in on the Habs with no lube.

Top Bottom