• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Stasis

Trade deadline show is terrible. At least the one I'm seeing on HS.

No more Dreger, McKenzie, Pang etc?

Better off reading and periodically checking twitter.

Solo

I really think the Habs could make the Cup final this year if Price stays healthy. He's that good. If he goes down though? We're second round fodder.

pringles

Not really. Ericsson is still on the first pairing. That's what needed to be fixed.
That was never going to be fixed at the deadline though. 3rd pairing brought us down last playoffs, that is massively improved for this year, and Babcock has 2 RHD so he should be pleased.

Parch

Yandle trade is bonkers. Rangers gave up a lot, but their defence looks scary. McDonagh, Girardi, Klein, Staal, Yandle, Boyle.
When Lundqvist comes back they'll be a contender for sure.
Absolutely. That's an exceptional defence corps now. It still makes me think it's a really big overpayment for Yandle when I don't think they really needed him. Rangers are going to regret giving up Duclair.

ShaneB

Fuck that, why do I have to accept garbage analysts on a shit broadcast?

The ratings have been bad for a reason. I ignore them whenever possible as I've said. I don't follow them on twitter, I don't read any of their articles unless it's linked here and not referenced it's from one of them.

They don't have to have the same opinion as me but when you as an analyst or reporter write articles where you personally attack a player you don't deserve to be up there.

It's fine if you like them and listen to them but get off your high horse looking down on us as if we're wrong for wanting something different.

I never did say for you to accept it as is, said many times it's a very simple choice to ignore the non-gametime type of coverage presented. Said it's very easy to ignore anyone you may not like, and yes, if the ratings tank and are terrible then yes, you would expect change would come.

I really don't like Craig Laughlin on the Caps broadcast either, yet he certainly doesn't rile me up like some of opinions that get posted here.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
John Shannon said:
There is no chance the Oilers are trading Jordan Eberle.
#NHLTrade
Boooooooo.

I'm guessing Bergevin is done today. I'm okay with that, nothing big given up. This isn't a cup team yet anyways.

I never did say for you to accept it as is, said many times it's a very simple choice to ignore the non-gametime type of coverage presented. Said it's very easy to ignore anyone you may not like, and yes, if the ratings tank and are terrible then yes, you would expect change would come.

I really don't like Craig Laughlin on the Caps broadcast either, yet he certainly doesn't rile me up like some of opinions that get posted here.

The one guy I really don't like is Craig Button.

ShaneB

Boooooooo.

I'm guessing Bergevin is done today. I'm okay with that, nothing big given up. This isn't a cup team yet anyways.

With Price in net and your team playing solidly, the Habs are certainly a cup team coming out of the east. Terrified of a Habs/Caps matchup.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That was never going to be fixed at the deadline though. 3rd pairing brought us down last playoffs, that is massively improved for this year, and Babcock has 2 RHD so he should be pleased.

Except Marchenko will go back to GR, so only 1 RH shot.

Acid08

Banned
The only bottom six forwards we have right now are Hertl, Scott, Goodrow, and Wingels. I'm not entirely sure how callups work but man, hopefully they have some players coming in.

Solo

This isn't a cup team yet anyways.

It absolutely is. Look at the East. Boston is a shell of past glory, Pittsburgh hasn't mounted a legit threat in 5 years, Caps tend to be first round fodder, and Florida will be too if they make it. To me, there are 4 legit East threats: Montreal, Tampa, NYR, NYI. I could see Detroit as a darkhorse.

Now, is it a Cup winning team? Probably not. But they have just as good of a shot as any of the top east teams of getting to the final.

zroid

Banned
The only bottom six forwards we have right now are Hertl, Scott, Goodrow, and Wingels. I'm not entirely sure how callups work but man, hopefully they have some players coming in.

I just don't know what DW is doing :lol

such a weird team right now

Red_Man

Now, is it a Cup winning team? Probably not. But they have just as good of a shot as any of the top east teams of getting to the final.
That's what I said. Could they come out of the East? Sure. This team won't beat any Western team in 7 games though. Not with their shallow offence and with an orangutan behind the bench.

Solo

That's what I said. Could they come out of the East? Sure. This team won't beat any Western team in 7 games though. Not with their shallow offence and with an orangutan behind the bench.

I'd like their chances against Van/Cal/Win, but yes, they'd likely be toast against Chi/Ana/Nash/StL/Minny or LA, if they make it.

Red_Man

I want Tim Murray to look straight into the camera and try and say "We're not intentionally tanking" without cracking up

I'd like their chances against Van/Cal/Win, but yes, they'd likely be toast against Chi/Ana/Nash/StL/Minny or LA, if they make it.
Lol so would I but Van / Cal / Win aren't making the finals.

It's like Buffalo went "what's the absolute worst goaltending tandem we could get" and did it.

Lindback: ranked 78/86 in SV%, 77 in GAA
Johnson: ranked 71, 68

That list includes callups that have played only a few games.

At least he's better than Al Koken.

i7H0qx1qr8GDS.png

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
So that Neuvirth / Halak trade between the Caps and Sabres last year has now officially been won by the Islanders. Great hustle, boys!

Solo

Let's be honest though.....if the Kings claw into the playoffs at the 8 seed, we might as well just save everyone 2 months and award them the Cup.

Tabris

Just happens that those are the three West playoff teams Montreal could beat haha

This year, WPG is a damn good team. They also have some really big bodies on D, which do well in the playoffs.

WPG is better than MIN.

EDIT - Also Canucks steam rolled the east on the road with only 1 top 6 defensemen

Red_Man

Have you ever seen Tim Murray even crack a smile? He totally be pull it off with a straight face.
This is true. This tanking effort is so obvious it just proves how much of a reworking the draft lottery needs. Can't imagine Bettman is happy they're being so blatant about it. Hopefully Arizona gets McDavid.

Razorskin

----- ------
This is true. This tanking effort is so obvious it just proves how much of a reworking the draft lottery needs. Can't imagine Bettman is happy they're being so blatant about it. Hopefully Arizona gets McDavid.
Well the draft lottery is going to change next season. (top 3 picks being lottery picks)

Top Bottom