• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So what makes the "tragic number" drop?
I'm not sure the exact formula used it for, but the number is a general representation of how difficult it will be for the team to make the playoffs. The closer it is to 0 the more unlikely it becomes. I imagine it's a mix of home / away, scheduled games remaining and comparative to other teams in the hunt.

Ursn

How do you want to watch it? On a TV or mobile device / laptop? Generally hockeystreams is the better and cheaper option.

I want to watch it on my tv somehow. I have a Ps3, 360, and wii u. Sorry I left to dinner after I asked this question. Do I need a invite for hockey streams?

calder

Had kinda forgotten about last nights game, just saw the highlights online.

bax3vh6aey.gif

Solo

Just got home from Montreal. Was 10 feet away from AGally when he scored that 2nd period goal. Habs didn't play great but it was awesone to be at the game in which they clinched.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure the exact formula used it for, but the number is a general representation of how difficult it will be for the team to make the playoffs. The closer it is to 0 the more unlikely it becomes. I imagine it's a mix of home / away, scheduled games remaining and comparative to other teams in the hunt.

The tragic number is the inverse of a magic number. It's the number of points the team can squander and the number of points the last playoff team needs to earn in order to eliminate the team.

Basically, the Blue Jackets must win every single remaining game and Boston must lose every single remaining game (in regulation) in order for them to make it, with a tragic number of 1. They can only get to 90 points, and the last playoff team (Boston) is sitting on 90. A single lost point in either direction eliminates them.

On the flip side, Tampa Bay needs one single point (or for Ottawa to miss out on one more possible point) to clinch because Ottawa can currently finish no better than 100 points and cannot catch up to Tampa in ROW.

Meanwhile, the Rangers have sent Chris Summers back to Hartford, so I guess Hunwick is fine.

We have a pretty easy schedule the rest of the way, in theory the Habs should be able to grab the EC title, but they always struggle with games they're suppose to win. Ottawa has a tough final stretch, going to hard for them to get in now.

Here's the WC table:

Ugh, this does not give me confidence for the Jets' playoff hopes. I gotta hope LA or Calgary burn out before the season's up.

Red_Man

I forgot Gonchar was a Hab. Wonder if well ever see him play again.

I want to watch it on my tv somehow. I have a Ps3, 360, and wii u. Sorry I left to dinner after I asked this question. Do I need a invite for hockey streams?
Do you have a smart TV? You're able to stream through the browser on a smart TV, which is how I've been doing it. If you don't have one, you're suppose to be able to stream through a console although I've never done that.

My current setup for Hockey Streams is using a Plex server on my desktop that I stream to my Chromecast that is plugged into my Xbox One's HDMI-In cause my TV only has 3 HDMI ports. It works 90% of the time, but sometimes Plex takes a shit and I have to restart it once or twice.

Clydefrog

Ugh, playing Chicago in Chicago tonight? That’s like the last thing I wanted…

“tonight we are all Blackhawks” there I got it out of the way

@BuffaloSabresBuffalo Sabres 1:57 PM
Anders Lindback and Andrey Makarov are the goaltenders on the ice for the morning skate. No Matt Hackett.

Tyler Ennis has emerged from the locker room. He's on the bench now. Looks like he'll take the ice on his own after the skate.

Sabres pulling out all the stops for part two of the tank bowl.

Red_Man

I don't see any possible way this team will beat Ottawa and Boston this week, let alone get even 1 point out of both games combined. DRIVE FOR 9TH!!!
They'll get wiped out in the first round anyways, I don't even know why you bother watching anymore. You should start watching cricket.

ShaneB

So glad Greg Brady is back on the air. Odd with it being at 1pm instead of the morning, but something to listen to in the afternoon.

ZeroGravity

Garrison's out 3-4 weeks. Entirely possible he may not even play in the first round, along with Coburn. This team is falling apart.

Oh and Tyler Johnson is out tonight too. Congrats on the win Montreal.

zroid

Banned
Looking at this table, you get the sense that Tampa is going to be really fucking good for a really fucking long time

CBWfl6RVAAIV1Bt.png:large

Praise Yzerman.

Garrison's out 3-4 weeks. Entirely possible he may not even play in the first round, along with Coburn. This team is falling apart.

Oh and Tyler Johnson is out tonight too. Congrats on the win Montreal.
Holy Crap. Hopefully no more injures come your way.

Let's Hope we get a game like That MTL-Pens game where we completely shut down Malkin and Sid. I want THAT Montreal in the playoffs.

Tampa looks ripe for a first-round upset with all their injuries and Bishop having zero playoff experience.

I think Ottawa is out of it. They had a good run but it was unsustainable. Florida still has a chance with their games against Boston but the Bruins have the advantage.

Blue Jackets will be scary next year with a healthy lineup.

Western Conference playoffs race is too close to call. I thought the Flames were out of it but they beat Nashville last night (albeit one without Weber or Rinne). I don't think anyone wants to face Minnesota right now.

Canucks still don't have Richardson or Kassian, which means their black hole line of Vey, Dorsett, Matthias will stay intact.

Top Bottom