• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

zroid

Banned
0hBjZfi.png

:lol

Cameron pls :(

ShaneB

I meant boring in terms of the rivalry between the two teams. There's not much there right now, but like you said it would probably heat up pretty quick. Depends on how the Rangers fair down the stretch.

Like most playoffs series, the rivalries start to intensify a few games in, so that's a certainty. I would've been excited for a Price vs Holtby duel, but I've said before that Holtby is really showing signs of exhaustion in a bunch of games lately, so that is worrisome. I certainly remember how great that series was in 2010.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It must depress Doughty and Kopitar that Brown is your captain. Just reinforces how meaningless the C is in most markets.

1 point better than none. At least we keep getting 'em. Glad to see the team playing well down the stretch even if playoff hopes are basically dead.

Vlasic was obviously missed tonight.

Keep hope alive!

But as I said above, they really don't deserve it at this point . . . nearly 4 minutes of 4 on 3 and they couldn't score.

Edit: But they are not totally dead . . . easy schedule coming up. . .

Colorado Avalanche
WED
04/01 Arizona Coyotes
FRI
04/03@ Arizona Coyotes
SAT
04/04 Dallas Stars
MON
04/06@ EDM Oilers

Keep hope alive!

It must depress Doughty and Kopitar that Brown is your captain. Just reinforces how meaningless the C is in most markets.

Considering who he was drafted before in that first round too holy shit. Hindsight 20/20 and all that but goddamn it's like a laundry list of players waaaaaay the fuck better than Brown ever was/will be in all respects.

No, he comes out after the 2nd time because he knows you aren't expecting it then.

:lol

Dustin Brown, Dustin Bro- *KNEE* AUGH

Kings don't make the playoffs and there will be shake ups. Kopi is our next C.

How will people understand the motivation speech of a Slovenian?

Hell, speaking of not making playoffs and shaking up, I'm still genuinelly shocked that there's the possibility of a Sharks-less playoffs. I can't remember the last time that happened.

zroid

Banned
Wow. Erie vs Sarnia game 3 sounds like it was a blast, based on the box score.

Sarnia scored the first 2 goals, then Erie came back with 5 unanswered. Sarnia scored 3 more and tied it up in the 3rd period.

And finally McDavid scored the winner. Erie won 6-5.

Red_Man

We have a pretty easy schedule the rest of the way, in theory the Habs should be able to grab the EC title, but they always struggle with games they're suppose to win. Ottawa has a tough final stretch, going to hard for them to get in now.

Here's the WC table:

Red_Man

There's another one of them which I'm pretty sure has been linked in one of these threads before:

tumblr_ljf4vcPmNU1qib4uqo1_500.png

Subban with the C showing dat leadership

We have a pretty easy schedule the rest of the way, in theory the Habs should be able to grab the EC title, but they always struggle with games they're suppose to win. Ottawa has a tough final stretch, going to hard for them to get in now.

Here's the WC table:

So what makes the "tragic number" drop?

Top Bottom