• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Can we stop replying to Tabris when he's obviously trolling / doesn't have any idea what he's talking about?

But he never knows what he's talking about. I don't want to be rude and make him feel like he doesn't exist.

You exist, Tabris! And you were better off as a stain on those Motel 6 bed sheets.

Yeah this is what I don't get. A playoff team adds to their bottom six, but the Sharks got rid of three depth players and got Ben Smith in return. Is someone coming back from injury? Prospects in the minors ready to step up?

This looks to me like a retooling to keep the team competitive without touching their core, which is usually done in the off-season because those depth players are useful for a playoff run.

I think your presupposition is faulty. :-/

trifelife

I like the Baertschi deal. I'd rather take a chance on him than a 45th overall pick. Change of scenery might be exactly what he needs.

Last week it felt like everyone was talking about how good Travis Green is at coaching players into roles where they can have success in the NHL. Worth a shot at least.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
If he doesn't come out of this sophomore slump, definitely.

He's being played on 3rd line right now.
19&21 hurry up and trade him for a 6th (conditional) pick now before it's too late!
D:

He's in his second year playing against tougher competition. His sophomore season isn't even over yet.

Hishon getting called up, another plus with Talbot being gone.
I hope he can stay alive in this league. I was worried about him before the big concussion, he's got the talent but he's small and seems pretty fragile.
19&21 hurry up and trade him for a 6th (conditional) pick now before it's too late!
D:

He's in his second year playing against tougher competition. His sophomore season isn't even over yet.
Tabris is just salty that his TERRIBLE predictions about the avs show how fucking stupid he is. MacKinnon's biggest worry is learning how to play well defensively when he's just as frustrated as the rest of the team. It'll come in time.

Much like the Avs playoff chances :p
As far as teams with blue and green, this is probably the only championship celebration you will see anytime soon.
rsz_peyton-manning-broncos-loss.jpg

Sakic/Roy's asset management is still poor. Downie turned in Talbot who turned into Caron. PAP was a good move for the cap dump, but we certainly didn't win that trade. We've been trading top-6 forwards for 4th liners. Then we're giving up 2nd rounders for guys like Berra and Stuart, when our prospect pool is weak. They need to be smarter in the future.

Sakic/Roy's asset management is still poor. Downie turned in Talbot who turned into Caron. PAP was a good move for the cap dump, but we certainly didn't win that trade. We've been trading top-6 forwards for 4th liners. Then we're giving up 2nd rounders for guys like Berra and Stuart, when our prospect pool is weak. They need to be smarter in the future.

To be fair they haven't done anything completely insane. Berra is the worst offense in my eyes. Sakic also fired Pracey who is the reason why our prospect pool is shit.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-St.Louis
Hagelin-Hayes-Miller
Glass-Moore-Fast

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Boyle
Yandle-Klein

Talbot

Sam just mentioned Zucc's contract extension in the game preview here in the arena. Huge ovation from the crowd.

Acid08

Banned
Yeah this is what I don't get. A playoff team adds to their bottom six, but the Sharks got rid of three depth players and got Ben Smith in return. Is someone coming back from injury? Prospects in the minors ready to step up?

This looks to me like a retooling to keep the team competitive without touching their core, which is usually done in the off-season because those depth players are useful for a playoff run.

The only injured players we have right now are Torres and Mike Brown. Torres is supposed to be back for training camp and Brown is useless out there when healthy. Kennedy, Shep, and Desi were all better options than him.

We have one prospect who looks like he's ready to step in right now and he got called up to play tonight.

DW shed the UFAs and got what he could for him. I guess he's willing to test the team as it is to see how they respond.

Nick Kypreos of Sportsnet mentioned on-air that the the Leafs discussed Phaneuf with Detroit, but the Red Wings weren't willing to part with prospect Anthony Mantha.

And this Leafs, is why Phaneuf is still a part of your team. Maybe in the summer but Mantha (though having a rough first AHL year), is still an extremely good prospect to trade Phaneuf away for, even with salary retained.

zroid

Banned
I think it might have been Smith at first, but then they asked for Mantha after saying they'd retain some salary

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Dreger was completely right. Some things happened, and others didn't. Further more, some other things may still happen in the summer.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Good start so far. Rangers are flying. Yandle looks good so far too. Nice to see a Rangers defenseman take the body for a change.

Top Bottom