• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Parch

Petry is underrated and was stuck in Edmonton. I think he'll do well for the Habs.
I agree. I think a 2nd pairing is a very good spot for him and for the price it's a great deal for the Habs.

Ultimately the Oilers would have liked to resign him but that wasn't going to happen. I can't blame players for wanting to get out of that organization.

Tabris

MacKinnon is having a lesser sophomore year? UNHEARD OF!

crying-baby.jpg

Tabris

I looked at Vancouver's upcoming schedule. We play Arizona 3 times, Edmonton once, Toronto once, Columbus once, and Colorado once. Pretty nice schedule.

Mark Giodanio out for season. That may have cost Flames the playoffs. I'm surprised they didn't go for Phaneuff with that news.

Never happy about a player being injured, but it does reduce the amount of teams pushing on Vancouver's playoff spots. Now just down to LA, MIN, SJS, and WPG

Hahhahahahaha.

While I'm deflated, it's not as if our team is one guy, it does hurt our chances but I'm still hopeful we can get it together without him

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
McGuire just said on TSN radio that there were a lot of rumours from credible people across the league today that Bergevin was trying really hard to get Anisimov out of Columbus. Really? We need a sniper, not another middling top 6 tweener....

Socreges

Banned
I like the Baertschi deal. I'd rather take a chance on him than a 45th overall pick. Change of scenery might be exactly what he needs.

Man you must be so jaded. Not getting McDavid or Eichell, not making the playoffs, and MacKinnon is a potential bust.
He is?

Acid08

Banned
He looked really good when we played Edmonton last week, and plays our style. I think he'll be great behind Subban / Markov and not having the pressure of being a top guy on him.

He's one of the players I wanted DW to get in the offseason before he made it clear it would be the worst offseason to ever happen.

Razorskin

----- ------
McGuire just said on TSN radio that there were a lot of rumours from credible people across the league today that Bergevin was trying really hard to get Anisimov out of Columbus. Really? We need a sniper, not another middling top 6 tweener....
Slim pickings.

This season has gone mostly how I predicted it would. Admittedly I did think we would ultimately grab a playoff spot after fighting tooth and nail for it but I can't really say I'm disappointed by this year in terms of performance. We've addressed none of our issues and I am disappointed by that because I really don't think Siemens/Bigras are going to come save us from oblivion when they're even ready. That said I haven't watched much of either of them this year so.

Parch

While I'm deflated, it's not as if our team is one guy, it does hurt our chances but I'm still hopeful we can get it together without him
For a team that relies so much on the defence providing offence, losing Giordano is a real kick in the nuts. Now that Backlund is back and healthy, that kid needs to step up if Calgary has any chance.

I kinda upset about the Baertschi deal, however I knew it was going to happen anyways. He rubbed Burke the wrong way, and Hartley apparently, they put him in the minors to motivate him but it didn't really work out. When he was called up he looked great but his role was limited, they really just didn't want to give him a chance. Happy for him, pretty pissed its to the Canucks though.

Socreges

Banned
I kinda upset about the Baertschi deal, however I knew it was going to happen anyways. He rubbed Burke the wrong way, and Hartley apparently, they put him in the minors to motivate him but it didn't really work out. When he was called up he looked great but his role was limited, they really just didn't want to give him a chance. Happy for him, pretty pissed its to the Canucks though.
:)

Parch

I like the Baertschi deal. I'd rather take a chance on him than a 45th overall pick. Change of scenery might be exactly what he needs.
Certainly worth the gamble. It seems way too early to give up on him. I'm kinda curious why Calgary did.

For a team that relies so much on the defence providing offence, losing Giordano is a real kick in the nuts. Now that Backlund is back and healthy, that kid needs to step up if Calgary has any chance.

Not saying that it isn't going to hurt us, but really at the end of the day it's one player, its unfortunate that its the damn tent pole player, but I'm not gonna go and say the season is over like I just did an hour ago when I first found out. Shit...it happened in the last 30 seconds of a game we weren't going to lose too, fuck fuck fuck fuckity fuck. It sucks, real bad.

Certainly worth the gamble. It seems way too early to give up on him. I'm kinda curious why Calgary did.

Burke came in and was indifferent to him because of his size, I know there were interactions in which he upset Burke and then he was sent down, then I heard that Hartley was questioning his two way play, Burke actually said he doesnt think he can play anything but offense IIRC. He never got a fair crack when he made out lineup this year, like zero PP time, and then we ices Stajan on the PP who does absolutely nothing, when in the same game Sven shows total competency all around the ice. Really had me steamed though.

I'm gonna say its probably a big win for Vancouver with Sven, not a total loss for us because our organization never believed in him, it's gonna suck when he lights us up in the future T_T

Giordanos Norris bid :( Hopefully he is still considered.

With Kennedy, Shep, and Desi gone our bottom six depth has been obliterated. I still don't think we're going to make it, because the team is just not good enough to.

Yeah this is what I don't get. A playoff team adds to their bottom six, but the Sharks got rid of three depth players and got Ben Smith in return. Is someone coming back from injury? Prospects in the minors ready to step up?

This looks to me like a retooling to keep the team competitive without touching their core, which is usually done in the off-season because those depth players are useful for a playoff run.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Can we stop replying to Tabris when he's obviously trolling / doesn't have any idea what he's talking about?

I am really glad that Treliving didn't pull a dumbass move and try and bulk us up for a playoff push though. No damn sense in that, what we have is working now and I would have been pretty pissed if he traded any prospect not named Sven.

As it stands we have 6 picks in the top 80 this draft, not too shabby.

Top Bottom