• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

He got 9 games with us and was invisible in all of them.

I don't even remember those games, so I guess that says enough.

Interesting that we didn't move Hejda, wonder if they try to re-sign him this offseason, he's still solid. Better than Guenin/Holden/Stuart.

Foggy

Current lineup for BJs defense(sans Ryan Murray):

Jack Johnson – David Savard
Fedor Tyutin – Cody Goloubef
Dalton Prout – Justin Falk

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I think Yandle might not have packed properly for his flight to New York.

b_h2q_twsaa4jxft7k4c.jpg

I have to say I'm quite happy with the deadline this year, Cole adds speed and gritty scoring potential, Zid gives us that booming right handed shot and excellent offensive abilities we have been needing while being decent defensively. On top of that we didn't give up that much and have some insurance with the conditional agreements on the picks. Of course both guys are older but they both bring assets we need and are far from useless and washed up.

This also frees up space to go after Green or even try again with Phaneuf in the offseason, I have to say, Holland actually did well compared to last years pickup of Legwand.

you also gave up a 5th apparently :p

leafs will take a free pick any day for a UFA swap

Yeah we're fine. We have good enough prospects.

I'm just shocked Murray turned around and fixed his bad pickups like Brewer (he was fine his one game before a foot injury sidelined him for two months) and Bourque. Traded Heatley the other day too.

Came out with Wiz to improve D and some skill in Sekac who's looked pretty good.

If BB can't win with this lineup, he's gotta get fired.

Cake Boss

Banned
Yeah we're fine. We have good enough prospects.

I'm just shocked Murray turned around and fixed his bad pickups like Brewer (he was fine his one game before a foot injury sidelined him for two months) and Bourque. Traded Heatley the other day too.

Came out with Wiz to improve D and some skill in Sekac who's looked pretty good.

If BB can't win with this lineup, he's gotta get fired.

We'll trade you our Murray for your Murray :)

Tabris

Mark Giodanio out for season. That may have cost Flames the playoffs. I'm surprised they didn't go for Phaneuff with that news.

Never happy about a player being injured, but it does reduce the amount of teams pushing on Vancouver's playoff spots. Now just down to LA, MIN, SJS, and WPG

Calamari41

41 > 38
The Flames were the only thing standing between the Kings and a playoff spot. Better start prepping for that second round matchup now, Brucie.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Acid! Gonna need a second opinion on this one:
Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 52s 52 seconds ago
Regarding C James Sheppard, Sather says he thought he was the Sharks best player in playoff series against the Kings.

Wow, Giordano out for the season and the Kings have lost 3 straight.

Sharks can still make it in....but nah.

If the Sharks were to win the two upcoming games against Vancouver, that would be big. But it also seems unlikely. The Blues couldn't take them down. :-/

Summary of Sharks trades:
-Sharks Acquire a Conditional Draft Selection from the Islanders in Exchange for Forward Tyler Kennedy
-Sharks Acquire Forward Ben Smith from the Blackhawks in Exchange for Andrew Desjardins
-Sharks Acquire Defenseman Karl Stollery from the Avalanche in Exchange for Forward Freddie Hamilton(who?)
-Tye McGinn Claimed off Waivers by Coyotes
-Sharks Acquire 2016 Fourth-Round Draft Pick in Exchange for James Sheppard

3rd & 4th line shuffling it seems.

Acid08

Banned
Acid! Gonna need a second opinion on this one:

Eh.......that series isn't really a good measuring stick for most of our players. Shep is a good player though, he's fast, physical, and a decent playmaker. His offensive instincts are lacking though, his finish is almost non-existent most nights. I think he'll do well for you guys though and I'm rooting for the Rangers in the yoffs.

Acid08

Banned
Sharks can turn it around. They're healthy and talented. Just need to get over whatever mental block they're up against.
With Kennedy, Shep, and Desi gone our bottom six depth has been obliterated. I still don't think we're going to make it, because the team is just not good enough to.

If the Sharks were to win the two upcoming games against Vancouver, that would be big. But it also seems unlikely. The Blues couldn't take them down. :-/

Summary of Sharks trades:
-Sharks Acquire a Conditional Draft Selection from the Islanders in Exchange for Forward Tyler Kennedy
-Sharks Acquire Forward Ben Smith from the Blackhawks in Exchange for Andrew Desjardins
-Sharks Acquire Defenseman Karl Stollery from the Avalanche in Exchange for Forward Freddie Hamilton(who?)
-Tye McGinn Claimed off Waivers by Coyotes
-Sharks Acquire 2016 Fourth-Round Draft Pick in Exchange for James Sheppard

3rd & 4th line shuffling it seems.

Hamilton is a decent prospect, projected to be a mostly defensive bottom six forward. He had a couple chances to play up here and didn't do much with them. Tierney's emergence made him expendable.

Calamari41

41 > 38
As long as the Kings don't make it in, I'll be happy.

If they do though. WE'LL FUCKING BRING IT

edit: actually I'd really only be happy if we win the Cup.

That's the only source of true happiness. The Kings failing isn't happiness, it's just the absence of anguish. And more importantly, the absence of Kings fans.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Petry is in San Jose now, I'd like to see him play tonight. Should really stabilize that top 4 of ours. Our D isn't as good as NY or Tampa, but it can hold it's own and we have Price anyways.

Red_Man

Hope the Habs get a top 6 winger in the off-season.
Seems guaranteed, more guys should be available and prices shouldn't be so dumb. I'll be really surprised if Eller & Emelin are Habs next season. Hopefully he can find a taker for DD too.

Petry is in San Jose now, I'd like to see him play tonight. Should really stabilize that top 4 of ours. Our D isn't as good as NY or Tampa, but it can hold it's own and we have Price anyways.

I'm guessing the guys won't join the game until Ducks game on Wednesday.

We have to stare back at Jiri... :(

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Yandle will play tonight. Sheppard will not. And Jesper Fast also returns to the lineup tonight, which is very welcome news.

Red_Man

Petry is underrated and was stuck in Edmonton. I think he'll do well for the Habs.
He looked really good when we played Edmonton last week, and plays our style. I think he'll be great behind Subban / Markov and not having the pressure of being a top guy on him.

Top Bottom