• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Serpico99

"Trades are hard to make" our capologist of a GM.

Yeah unless you are giving away boychuk and seguin. Apparently Harvard teaches buy high/sell low...

I'm pretty mad that you would slag Pee-Wee like that.

RDVeTyk.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
How much longer is Lunqvist out for?
Unknown. They haven't said anything about when his next exam is, as far as I know. Probably not before next week at least. Could still be a couple more weeks to go.

Excellent first period for the boys in blue. Yandle's had a couple really good shifts in the offensive zone, too.

Gotta keep it going. Rinne's not going to give up any softies, and shutting out this team seems pretty unlikely.

Yawnier

Banned
Dreger was completely right. Some things happened, and others didn't. Further more, some other things may still happen in the summer.

When things happen, things will happen. If things don't happen. then they don't happen. It would not surprise me if things happen this summer, but it is totally possible that things won't happen this summer too. The one thing we do know though - is that something will happen.

zroid

Banned
I love it when analysts refer to what the Habs are good at as "team defence"

whatever the hell that means

Carey Price for Norris

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I love it when analysts refer to what the Habs are good at as "team defence"

whatever the hell that means

Carey Price for Norris
Happens every broadcast, and then they cite their GAA and say they're the best defensive team in the league. Lol no.

Red_Man

Petry is playing tonight, cool beans. Hopefully he plays with Beaulieu.

Edit: NM he's with Gonchar on the 3rd pairing. Beaulieu and Gilbert have played really well lately, so I guess it makes sense.

Parise - Granlund - Pominville
Bergenheim - Koivu - Vanek
Nino - Coyle - Stewart
Haula - Brodziak - Schroeder

Suter - Brodin
Scandella - Spurgeon
Leopold - Dumba

Godnyk
Kuemperor

So when do we plan the parade?

zroid

Banned
Kind of sad to see Holzer go. He was in the leafs system for a looooong time. Won't shock me if he goes back to Europe if no NHL team signs him this offseason

without fancystats in the AHL it's hard to know for sure, but people always said he did well on the Marlies. I wouldn't mind it if we signed him again next season to play in the A.

The only injured players we have right now are Torres and Mike Brown. Torres is supposed to be back for training camp and Brown is useless out there when healthy. Kennedy, Shep, and Desi were all better options than him.

We have one prospect who looks like he's ready to step in right now and he got called up to play tonight.

DW shed the UFAs and got what he could for him. I guess he's willing to test the team as it is to see how they respond.

Didn't know they were UFAs, which makes things more puzzling. If they want to make the playoffs and go on a run, UFAs will help as they're playing for their next contract. Their trading partners (Chicago, NYI, NYR) were banking on that and gave up picks for them.

The risk of course is missing the playoffs or exiting early which means those UFAs probably walk for nothing, but the Cup isn't won by playing it safe. Looks like the Sharks went for a guaranteed return and are crossing their fingers that the remaining players can get it done.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I gotta get up early tomorrow, guess I'll try to stay up for the first period tonight and see how Petry fits in. Stupid west coast.

Red_Man

I gotta get up early tomorrow, guess I'll try to stay up for the first period tonight and see how Petry fits in. Stupid west coast.
I'll actually be able to watch the games live this week since they're so late. Stupid sexy west coast.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Wheels really fell off the bus those last 5 minutes. Had been another great period until that.

Still holding a lead after 2 against the top team in the league.

Top Bottom