• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Sharks shutout streak against the Canadians at 171 minutes. Last goal was scored in 2011 by Erik Cole. Why you gotta be like this Sharks? What did we ever do to you?

Sharks shutout streak against the Canadians at 171 minutes. Last goal was scored in 2011 by Erik Cole. Why you gotta be like this Sharks? What did we ever do to you?

Nothing personal, we just really need the points. You don't want the Kings in play-offs do you?

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing personal, we just really need the points. You don't want the Kings in play-offs do you?

Hmm, certainly a compelling argument. Does it have to be a shutout though? Who are you planning on kicking out of the wild card spot, Winnipeg or Minnesota?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Kave learns to play hockey - game 3

So we suffered our first loss of the season losing 3-1. Once again another tightly contested game, they started off the scoring and we countered back a few minutes later in the first period. From there it was 1-1 until about halfway through the third. Our d-man turned over the puck and they scored on a breakaway, then with 2 minutes left they hemmed us in our zone and just bullied us until they got the insurance marker.

On a positive for me I am feeling a hell of a lot more comfortable out there. This was the first week where I felt confident carrying the puck out of the zone or just carrying the puck at all. I'd still turn it over here and there but it didn't feel like hot potato on my stick for once.

I'm also slowly becoming one of the better forecheckers on the team. I've been playing guys expecting them to dump it off the boards so I'm able to deflect or flat out steal a lot of passes that way. If they don't go off the boards they either try to deke across their body to pass me which gives me a chance to poke the puck off their stick or they throw a pass right down the middle of the ice to hopefully one of my teammates waiting to steal it.

I did have a few opportunities to score as well. Had one shot in the slot that got blocked by a defender and went over the net but my best chance was right infront of the crease on a late powerplay my center got a puck to me through 2 defenders, the goalie ended up making a miracle save with his pad to rob me. The ref came by to me afterwards to tell me how unlucky I was on that one as it should have been a goal. :lol

Either way the team wasn't down after the loss, we were short players, our best D-man had to play goalie and our regular goalie missed his one game for the season. We all feel confident we'll bounce back and we await playing these guys again in a few weeks.

Until then I continue practicing my skating and stopping. If I can get that down by the tournament I think I can really help my team out.

Really good game tonight all around. All 4 lines looked really solid. Toews with 2 goals and an assist. Love that Sharp/Vermette/Saad line. Tons of chances from them. 3rd line of Bickell/Richards/Teravainen was getting some good chances. 4th line looked good too with Shaw on the wing. Swapping in Desjardins for Nordstrom should help even more. Even Roszival had 2 assists and played well for once.

Both Vermette and Timonen fit right in which was nice to see. Each of them had a bad turnover early in the game but other than that they were great. Timonen looks like he needs a few more games to get his wheels under him but that was to be expected. Still played well though.

Hopefully they can keep up this kind of play going forward. It's been awhile since the Hawks dominated a game from start to finish.

Glad to hear this; I wasn't able to watch the game tonight so all i had was stat updates. Be curious to see where Vermette and Timonen end up once Q gets comfortable with them. Though I am confused did you compliment Roszival? Either you're drunk or he had a good game.

iLLmAtlc

After Hours question

what's your guys' opinion on Type-0 HD? I have it pre-ordered but I'm not sure if I should keep it. There doesn't seem to be sufficient upgrades visually IMO to justify a full priced game. I could play this on PSP if I really want.

On the other hand I got a discount (it's $60 instead of $75, the new MRSP). I'm also pretty intrigued by playing the demo.

Tabris

After Hours question

what's your guys' opinion on Type-0 HD? I have it pre-ordered but I'm not sure if I should keep it. There doesn't seem to be sufficient upgrades visually IMO to justify a full priced game. I could play this on PSP if I really want.

On the other hand I got a discount (it's $60 instead of $75, the new MRSP). I'm also pretty intrigued by playing the demo.

How can you play this on PSP unless you import in the UMD to rip, apply a translation patch, then play it on your hacked PSP? Sounds like a huge headache when you can just buy it in March with upgraded visuals and an official translation.

iLLmAtlc

Thx. On amazon.ca some people are selling it as low as 18 bucks, many others selling it for bout 20 too. Might also get lower after the PS4 version releases.

But it's true it'd be a bit more of a hassle. May also say a bit about my interest in the game when I could have done it for a while and I still haven't. >_>

Tabris

Thx. On amazon.ca some people are selling it as low as 18 bucks, many others selling it for bout 20 too. Might also get lower after the PS4 version releases.

But it's true it'd be a bit more of a hassle. May also say a bit about my interest in the game when I could have done it for a while and I still haven't. >_>

Just treat it like Zone of the Enders. Buy it for the demo and be pleasantly surprised by a decent game along with it. The wait for FF15 has been so long, I'll gladly pay $50 to play 1 hour of that game lol.

Quick

Banned
Kave learns to play hockey - game 3

So we suffered our first loss of the season losing 3-1. Once again another tightly contested game, they started off the scoring and we countered back a few minutes later in the first period. From there it was 1-1 until about halfway through the third. Our d-man turned over the puck and they scored on a breakaway, then with 2 minutes left they hemmed us in our zone and just bullied us until they got the insurance marker.

On a positive for me I am feeling a hell of a lot more comfortable out there. This was the first week where I felt confident carrying the puck out of the zone or just carrying the puck at all. I'd still turn it over here and there but it didn't feel like hot potato on my stick for once.

I'm also slowly becoming one of the better forecheckers on the team. I've been playing guys expecting them to dump it off the boards so I'm able to deflect or flat out steal a lot of passes that way. If they don't go off the boards they either try to deke across their body to pass me which gives me a chance to poke the puck off their stick or they throw a pass right down the middle of the ice to hopefully one of my teammates waiting to steal it.

I did have a few opportunities to score as well. Had one shot in the slot that got blocked by a defender and went over the net but my best chance was right infront of the crease on a late powerplay my center got a puck to me through 2 defenders, the goalie ended up making a miracle save with his pad to rob me. The ref came by to me afterwards to tell me how unlucky I was on that one as it should have been a goal. :lol

Either way the team wasn't down after the loss, we were short players, our best D-man had to play goalie and our regular goalie missed his one game for the season. We all feel confident we'll bounce back and we await playing these guys again in a few weeks.

Until then I continue practicing my skating and stopping. If I can get that down by the tournament I think I can really help my team out.

I think learning to stop will change your approach to playing for the better. Keep at it, Kave!

RC

Banned
In all seriousness, what breeds such a defeatist attitude? Are you like that with other stuff in life so it's just your natural approach, or it's specific to cheering for Canucks?

Oh Tabris, I'm genuinely touched that you want to know more about me.

It's very simple.

I like tattooed sluts.

Hope that helps answer your question.

Quick

Banned
We doing After Hours Q&A?

Is the Dualshock 4 bundled with the PS4s an older model than whatever's come out since? My DS4 battery life is garbage, and it's been like that since getting my PS4 last year.

My older Dualshock 3 controllers last longer than them, too.

iLLmAtlc

Still same DS4 battery. People say it's caused by the LED light. You could turn down its brightness.

Also do you know about the Rest mode? It downloads stuff automatically while the console is pretty much off.

RC

Banned
One of the few things I'm disappointed about with my PS4 is definitely the DS4 battery life. That and the lack of auto shutoff (when downloads complete) and scheduled updates (PS3 has this).

How can I be better at Tinder?

Tinder's crap now. Full of people trying to get you to pay to access their cam site.

What's that dick like

Pretty sweet. Thanks for asking.

Top Bottom