• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Quick

Banned
Still same DS4 battery. People say it's caused by the LED light. You could turn down its brightness.

Also do you know about the Rest mode? It downloads stuff automatically while the console is pretty much off.

Yep. I know about dimming the LED and Rest mode. I just like the way the PS3 updates automatically on a schedule. I have it set to do it in the middle of the night, so I would just wake up to find either the PS3 needing to install the update or games already updated. It's neat and would be a good complement to Rest mode.

Tinder's crap now. Full of people trying to get you to pay to access their cam site.

So it's not just me feeling like a loser on Tinder for only getting matched with automated messages about cam sites.

Truthfully, I haven't used it in ages since deleting my account. Having a premium option that gimps the basic function takes away the little interest I had in it.

RC

Banned
Yep. I know about dimming the LED and Rest mode. I just like the way the PS3 updates automatically on a schedule. I have it set to do it in the middle of the night, so I would just wake up to find either the PS3 needing to install the update or games already updated. It's neat and would be a good complement to Rest mode.

So it's not just me feeling like a loser on Tinder for only getting matched with automated messages about cam sites.

Truthfully, I haven't used it in ages since deleting my account. Having a premium option that gimps the basic function takes away the little interest I had in it.

You're better off meeting women the old fashioned way. Tinder's just a meat market for lazy people.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You're better off meeting women the old fashioned way. Tinder's just a meat market for lazy people.

so you're saying I should use Tinder?

I haven't actually used it in like half a year, and now they've apparently ruined it anyway

He's the worst GM working today.

The James Neal trade
The Semin signing
The Staal for Sutter and the 8th overall
Etc

I have no idea how he got hired again by the Pens.

Hornqvist has more points than Neal and Spaling is useful albeit unremarkable, that trade was fine. Perron for a 1st was great for us too and his minor trades have been fine. The Despres trade is indefensible though, Lovejoy is good but Despres is young and I've seen him dominate a game by himself before. He can be inconsistent but he's still evolving, his upside is huge.

After letting the giordano injury settle a bit, I'm really happy that we didn't make any knee jerk reactions to fill in as a rental, these trades this year have been mostly really costly and the market in general wasn't great to begin with. Regardless, it's pretty great that they knew about this injury for days and the timing was perfect for Treliving to fuck the team up with a shitty trade, and he didn't, so really this could have been a lot worse. If we make the playoffs it's gonna be fucking glorious.

Honestly this is a landmark year for this team, having been a long time fan, this is definitely going to be a season I remember even 20 years from now. I don't think our "every game matters" motto has ever been as true as it is now.

Marvie_3

Banned
Glad to hear this; I wasn't able to watch the game tonight so all i had was stat updates. Be curious to see where Vermette and Timonen end up once Q gets comfortable with them. Though I am confused did you compliment Roszival? Either you're drunk or he had a good game.

A little from column A, a little from column B. But he actually did play well for the most part. He needed a few games off to rest which seemed to help him and I'm guessing he feels the pressure of getting benched once the Hawks get their defensemen back. He's easily the odd man out once Oduya/TVR come back.

Keith/Seabs
Hammer/Oduya (should be back next week)
TVR (should be back in 2 weeks or so)/Timonen

In no way does Roszival deserve to play over those 6 once we get to the playoffs and even Cumiskey has been better than him. That bumps his own to #8 on the depth chart.

Stasis

so you're saying I should use Tinder?

I haven't actually used it in like half a year, and now they've apparently ruined it anyway

They ruined Tinder?

Right as my buddy becomes single and starts using it. Forever alone.

Also, I was wondering when I'd see NYR post here. Hi!

Kave learns to play hockey - game 3

Disappointed, if you were Dan Cleary you would have put the team on your back and carried them to victory even with overwhelming odds!

keep it up man, stopping and starting are huge key areas that are essential for really improving your game and taking you to the next level. Also get us some footage!

Dreger saying that Toronto was asking Detroit for a 1st rounder and Mantha for Phagoof.

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Kave learns to play hockey - game 3

So we suffered our first loss of the season losing 3-1. Once again another tightly contested game, they started off the scoring and we countered back a few minutes later in the first period. From there it was 1-1 until about halfway through the third. Our d-man turned over the puck and they scored on a breakaway, then with 2 minutes left they hemmed us in our zone and just bullied us until they got the insurance marker.

On a positive for me I am feeling a hell of a lot more comfortable out there. This was the first week where I felt confident carrying the puck out of the zone or just carrying the puck at all. I'd still turn it over here and there but it didn't feel like hot potato on my stick for once.

I'm also slowly becoming one of the better forecheckers on the team. I've been playing guys expecting them to dump it off the boards so I'm able to deflect or flat out steal a lot of passes that way. If they don't go off the boards they either try to deke across their body to pass me which gives me a chance to poke the puck off their stick or they throw a pass right down the middle of the ice to hopefully one of my teammates waiting to steal it.

I did have a few opportunities to score as well. Had one shot in the slot that got blocked by a defender and went over the net but my best chance was right infront of the crease on a late powerplay my center got a puck to me through 2 defenders, the goalie ended up making a miracle save with his pad to rob me. The ref came by to me afterwards to tell me how unlucky I was on that one as it should have been a goal. :lol

Either way the team wasn't down after the loss, we were short players, our best D-man had to play goalie and our regular goalie missed his one game for the season. We all feel confident we'll bounce back and we await playing these guys again in a few weeks.

Until then I continue practicing my skating and stopping. If I can get that down by the tournament I think I can really help my team out.

Kave is like dump and chase? Psssh I got this :D

Love hearing the improvements! It's really tempting me to play ball hockey again.

zroid

Banned
If all Detroit wanted to give up was a third-rounder then they weren't ever going to get him. A late first-rounder and a prospect is fair, imho.

it depends how much salary they were going to retain. imo they should avoid retaining any salary, even if it means being forced to give him away for nothing. 6 years is a very long time to be retaining salary; it's not just because of the dollar amount (which would be a problem) but the fact they're restricted to 3 retained salaries at a time, and it's going to remove a lot of flexibility if they're anchored to Dion for that long.

anyways the whole point of making a trade at the deadline is trying to help a team that's desperate to get a bit better for the playoffs. if you can't leverage that desperation then there's no point in doing the trade now instead of in the offseason.

pringles

Dreger saying that Toronto was asking Detroit for a 1st rounder and Mantha for Phagoof.
Good. If they were asking for something reasonable like Pulkkinen or Jurco the deal might actually have happened and we'd be stuck with Pahnuff for the rest of the decade and they'd get great pieces to help their rebuild.

Merguson

Banned
Meh. Detroit and Toronto will pick up discussions in the off-season, and we'll go from there.

EDIT: Philly/Toronto were talking Schenn/JVR at the trade deadline only to do the 1 for 1 deal in the summer. Just food for thought.

Cactus

Banned
Injury aside, Phaneuf has had a bit of a bounce-back season. He's looked a lot better back on the right side (thanks Horacheck).

If he finishes the season strong, I doubt the Leafs will have to eat any of his salary when he's traded. I don't think he's worth close to a 1st and a top prospect, but he's definitely worth something of value.

zroid

Banned
The media narrative that the Oilers' new coach has improved the team is pretty amusing

YEfjJ7K.png

f0lP1Qv.png

#PDOvariance

It is the furthest fucking thing from fair.

You're right! The Leafs are still getting hosed in that deal.

edit:

zroid, I saw the same graphs earlier. Eakins should get another shot in the NHL with a better roster. I wouldn't mind him returning to the Leafs org in some capacity, although it seems like he's waiting for a h/c call.

Yawnier

Banned
zroid, I saw the same graphs earlier. Eakins should get another shot in the NHL with a better roster. I wouldn't mind him returning to the Leafs org in some capacity, although it seems like he's waiting for a h/c call.

Just keep him away from being the Marlies HC with how he often he plays vets and career AHLers over the young guys. Otherwise I wouldn't mind him coming back

Just keep him away from being the Marlies HC with how he often he plays vets and career AHLers over the young guys. Otherwise I wouldn't mind him coming back

How much control does an AHL h/c have over the roster? But yea, fair point.

*Leafs recall Keith Aucion and Mike Zigomanis from the Marlies*

Keefe? The Soo connection? Why not dream big and get reunite the Hunters?

zroid

Banned

You know what, if they don't get Babcock there aren't a whole lot of guys I'd prefer over Eakins for the h/c job next year (referring to coaches who might be available of course). Maybe Ken Hitchcock?

I was a TMac fan but after this Sharks season, I'm not so sure. He keeps playing John Scott, ffs.

I really think Sheldon Keefe might be hired as the new Marlies HC

Same here. Also your tag keeps making me laugh.

Merguson

Banned

Dale Hunter for Leafs coach.

Sheldon Keefe for Marlies coach.

Mike Babcock as GM.

There. We get all the "coaches" we want.

Samyy

I think for Dale Hunter coaching the Marlies would be a step down. He is the boss in London, hes a part owner, hes got tons of power.

Also I think the D pairings at practice are as good as they can be considering:

Gardiner - Phaneuf
Rielly - Polak
Erixon - Robidas

Ugh that bottom pairing :/

NYR

They ruined Tinder?

Right as my buddy becomes single and starts using it. Forever alone.

Also, I was wondering when I'd see NYR post here. Hi!
Yo! Sorry, I try to avoid these threads, some of NHL-GAF is a bit too sarcastic for my taste...

Good god I feel awful. My face is super numb and it sucks.

I didn't think Jaw Surgery would be this shitty.

Btw anyone got any Recipes for Liquid Diets?

Jonas Siegel is reporting that Nonis addressed the team today. And that Kessel is having a go at the Toronto media for being so hard on Dion.

"Is it his fault we're losing? No. Did he build this team? No."

!!!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Lines at practice today:

Nash-Brassad-Glass
Kreider-Stepan-St.Louis
Hagelin-Hayes-Miller
Sheppard-Moore-Fast

...Wait, what?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Jonas Siegel is reporting that Nonis addressed the team today. And that Kessel is having a go at the Toronto media for being so hard on Dion.

!!!

KESSSSSEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!

Look at this selfish player, never sticking up for his teammates. Looking forward to how the media will spin this to him being a malcontent that MUST be moved immediately.

Quick

Banned
Hockey Central on Leafs defence mode. I'm actually in some agreeance.

Phaneuf gets way too much heat, and it just goes too far sometimes. I think that tweet about Lupul sleeping with Elisha Cuthbert is crossing the line.

!!!

God I love Phil :(
I'm going to be so fucking sad when we trade him :(

That's my Phil. And some of you cocks wanted him out of town!

200w_s.gif

Cactus

Banned
Wow, Kessel isn't holding back. Good for him

fuck the Toronto media

The replies on twitter are depressing, though. So many fucking stupid Leafs fans. Have to start completely avoiding facebook/twitter comments

Top Bottom