• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Sorry Acid :(

Tokarski not moving on any of those shots :lol he was terrible. Take the point and run.

MPW

Habs are 10-13 against the West.... that is impressively average given where they are in the standings.

habs are in the east

lets be honest, whoever comes out of the east is gonna get their butt kicked in the finals by western conference champs (just like last year)

Clydefrog

KINGS WIN KINGS WIN KINGS WIN

BkOQLEp.gif

SuTwaeX.gif

VTuerFH.gif

GLv6D0D.gif

habs are in the east

lets be honest, whoever comes out of the east is gonna get their butt kicked in the finals by western conference champs (just like last year)

We have completely spanked the West this year, our problem is beating the Eastern teams, for some reason we suck against everyone in our division. I want to go back to the west!!!

Cake Boss

Banned
Lol we score more goals than the Habs this season.

Were the only team in the league that hasn't been shutout this season.

Spezza how does my ass taste.

Bitch

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
habs are in the east

The Sens sweeped California and many other eastern teams have good records against western teams. I think it's just something wrong with the Habs.

Curufinwe

If you ever need reminding how dumb and arrogant the masses are at HFB, read the Dubnyk trade thread and see all the comments blasting the Wild for throwing away a 3rd round pick on Dubnyk.

If you ever need reminding how dumb and arrogant the masses are at HFB, read the Dubnyk trade thread and see all the comments blasting the Wild for throwing away a 3rd round pick on Dubnyk.

Here is a link.

Definitely pretty funny. Even most Wild fans were iffy on him at first.

I really want Minnesota to upset a team in the playoffs.

Let's go Dubby Dubby Doo!

You and me both brother.

Well at this point they are the first wild card team and would be playing the Nashville Predators, who are on a big downward spiral since the Wild beat them a few games ago. Who knows what would happen.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I disagree. I think Tampa, New York, or potentially even the Islanders have a shot. I just think team weaknesses are exposed more against the West. The Habs have a much more glaring weakness than the other teams I mentioned in that they rely on Price to bail out poor play.

Yeah, we've been really, really good against the West this season. 14-3-5...only Detroit has been better out of the East. And 4 of those 8 losses came against Dallas, Colorado, and Edmonton. Our only losses against quality teams in the West are: Winnipeg in a shootout, St. Louis in a shootout, Vancouver in a shootout (are you noticing a pattern here yet?), and one regulation loss to Nashville. Honestly, I'm more worried about our ability to get out of the East than I am about how we would fare in a potential Final.

I think (some of) the top teams in the East can take on the top teams in the West. Lightning, Rangers, Islanders, Red Wings all match up pretty well, I think.

The West is deeper than the East in the sense that there are more teams that can realistically squeak into a playoff spot, whereas the East is more firmly divided into the have and have-nots this season. That is to say the East has a pretty even balance of really good teams and really bad teams with not a whole lot in the middle (pretty much just Boston, Florida, and maaaaaybe Ottawa and Philly if they can keep pushing), whereas the West has a handful of elite teams (Anaheim, Nashville, St. Louis, Chicago), a couple of really terrible teams, and then a whole lot of pretty solid teams in the middle.

zroid

Banned
Dubnyk da god
lA5dFxD.png

<3

I'm really happy that he's finally being appreciated for his actual talent; any goaltender can have an off-year, their performance is hugely affected by variance, and even slight dips can result in drastic differences in results.

Also happy that Minnesota is poised to make the playoffs; I've been saying since the beginning of the season they're a great team, if not for their goalie woes.

I didn't expect us to make the playoffs, but I wanted the end of the season to be something to build off of, now we won't even get that. Johnson has been out four weeks and hasn't started skating yet. :(

Razorskin

----- ------
http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=756871

BOSTON, MA - Boston Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli announced today, March 6, that the club has signed defenseman Torey Krug to a one-year contract extension through the 2015-16 season worth a cap figure of $3,400,000 and forward Reilly Smith to a two-year contract extension through the 2016-17 season worth an annual cap figure of $3,425,000.

I wonder what Hamilton will get.

Top Bottom