• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

zroid

Banned
snes fans blaming the goalie for the collapse after getting outshot nearly 3:1 in the 3rd period ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It's entirely possible that was me.

2013 was a special time.
Indeed. It's crazy that that was the year Pageau scored that playoff hat trick against us, and he really hasn't done anything since. If he played us every game he would win the Hart and Rocket.

DDoYFUo.jpg

Silexx

that is strange but I can believe it. Like I said earlier, Ottawa's player usage is not ideal!

It's actually been vastly improved under Cameron.

My only point was that the coaching staff has been very cautious with Hammond in nets and have insulated him during his run. Which is not to say that's the reason for his success but just that Cameron understandably will show a bit more confidence in a veteran like Anderson compared to a rookie goaltender.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Is it too late to agree to this??

Good game though. Both teams had a ton of chances and both goalies were incredible.

Real good game. Felt like it could have gone any which way. And we get to do it again next week. Looking forward to it.

Meanwhile, that was Cam Talbot's 5th shutout on the season, making this the first time in franchise history that two Rangers goaltenders have both posted 5 shutouts in the same season.

The Rangers' next game is probably the single most important game of the regular season: the final meeting with the Islanders in the final regular season game between the two teams at Nassau Coliseum. The Rangers are currently 1 point behind the Islanders with 3 games in hand.

Marvie_3

Banned
Real good game. Felt like it could have gone any which way. And we get to do it again next week. Looking forward to it.

Meanwhile, that was Cam Talbot's 5th shutout on the season, making this the first time in franchise history that two Rangers goaltenders have both posted 5 shutouts in the same season.
It was also the first time the Rangers shut out the Blackhawks since 1969. Couldn't believe that when they said it on the broadcast. :lol

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Looking at the box score, you really see the true impact that Keith Yandle's presence is having. Look at these time on the ice totals for the defense tonight:

Ryan McDonagh - 21:58
Kevin Klein - 21:35
Keith Yandle - 21:08
Dan Girardi - 19:32
Marc Staal - 19:06
Dan Boyle - 17:52

Nobody even hit 22 minutes in a game that went to overtime.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Wow left this afternoon when the Oilers game was 3-3... WTF happened lol.

Also, that Habs GAF list seems way too small, plus I should be on it ;P

zroid

Banned
For shits and giggles, here's what rounds 1-3 of the Oilers drafting from 2009-2013 would look like if they simply picked the top ranked player from TSN's rankings instead of using their "internal" rankings and doing stuff like drafting Mitch Moroz 32nd overall:

This was just a fun exercise (not an academic one) to illustrate how completely and utterly incompetent the Oilers organization is.

There was this long form experiment I read a while ago using a simple points-based algorithm to determine which kids to draft. The purpose was to show that a lot of teams would have been more successful at the draft over the years if they'd just followed this simple algorithm instead of however the hell their scouts rank prospects.

I forget the number but I think it was like 10 teams would be better off right now if they had done it this way. That's pretty freaking damning.

Top Bottom