• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Saw this on twitter:

Imagine telling an Oilers fan in the summer of 2006 that the Winnipeg Jets would return to the playoffs before the Oilers. Think about that.
:lol :lol

God I hope they don't get McDavid

It's too late to tank, might as well try to see if we can't go on a Minnesota like run and get a spot in the playoffs.

We're not making the playoffs, but it's better to improve and build on success for next year. We shouldn't be tanking even if we had time to fall, fuck that.

Chris R

We're not making the playoffs, but it's better to improve and build on success for next year. We shouldn't be tanking even if we had time to fall, fuck that.

7 points behind the Jets with 16 to play.

Not saying it's a big chance, but there is still a chance.

zroid

Banned
Pickard recalled in case Varlamov can't play Tuesday, shows how much faith Roy has in Berra.

I assume at this point the only reason Pickard isn't the permanent backup to Varly is so he will get to play everyday in the minors. Makes sense he'd get the call to play if Varly goes down.

Yay Captain Pickard.

Of the USS AVALANCHE
This is why I was disappointed when we traded Shattenkirk, so close to a Kirk and Picard team-up.
7 points behind the Jets with 16 to play.

Not saying it's a big chance, but there is still a chance.
I'm not getting my hopes up, it's been 1 step forward, 2 steps back all season. Especially with MacKinnon out for the regular season and Johnson is still out.
I assume at this point the only reason Pickard isn't the permanent backup to Varly is so he will get to play everyday in the minors. Makes sense he'd get the call to play if Varly goes down.

Yup, they wanted him to get more playing time, other fans were upset when he got put back down to Lake Erie, but I saw it as the right move.

Chris R

I'm not getting my hopes up, it's been 1 step forward, 2 steps back all season. Especially with MacKinnon out for the regular season and Johnson is still out.

1HgOl8r.png

Like I said, not a HUGE chance, but still not eliminated.

Red_Man

Islander's PK is 29th in the league? Yeesh, that does not bode well for the playoffs.

Red_Man

Leafs killing their own PP, bobbled the puck / gave it away themselves 4-5 times there. The tank is real.

When the Avs were plummeting a couple years ago I wanted us to lose, but I still wanted the game to be exciting. Leaf fans get upset if they even score a goal. :p

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty crazy that the Blues have already clinched a playoff spot with only 87 points. That's rather low especially for the West.

I think it's not technically "clinched" until it says "In" instead of 100%. It's just rounding to the nearest tenth of a percent. If you go to the Blues' actual page, they're actually listed as 99.95%.

So there is technically a 1 in 2000 chance that the Blues miss the playoffs.

Also, GO LEAFS!

zroid

Banned
I think it's not technically "clinched" until it says "In" instead of 100%. It's just rounding to the nearest tenth of a percent. If you go to the Blues' actual page, they're actually listed as 99.95%.

So there is technically a 1 in 2000 chance that the Blues miss the playoffs.

Also, GO LEAFS!

Oh ok. Yeah that makes more sense. :lol

zroid

Banned
that claim by Sportsnet the Leafs led the Isles "statistically" in that period is so misleading. having more hits than your opponent isn't a good thing, when will these dummies realize that?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
that claim by Sportsnet the Leafs led the Isles "statistically" in that period is so misleading. having more hits than your opponent isn't a good thing, when will these dummies realize that?

Montresor is stroking it right now.

Red_Man

Leafs with only 4 players in the lineup that they drafted themselves is kind of crazy. 5 with Kadri in of course, but still. By my count, Habs are at 11 right now. I imagine Tampa has a high number as well.

Yawnier

Banned
Leafs with only 4 players in the lineup that they drafted themselves is kind of crazy. 5 with Kadri in of course, but still. By my count, Habs are at 11 right now. I imagine Tampa has a high number as well.

Uncle Leo is the only late round Leafs pick regularly in the lineup, probably one of the best things JFJ did as GM was drafting him

Kind of sad lmao

Top Bottom