• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Legendary tank battle

tumblr_nc3x0bbTrV1ta0dleo1_500.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
You could see our speed was just beginning to get to the Caps in the few minutes prior to that goal. Just subtle signs that it was starting to become a problem for them.

Going to be tough to keep up the pace, though.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Just don't give Ovechkin that one fucking shot from the circle, please.

I'm not completely sure how that possibly missed. Bullet dodged.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Yandle just WILL NOT take a shot on the power play. He just passes it back and forth between the points and nothing happens.

iLLmAtlc

Pegulaville what you doin man

*is that name still posh or has his welcome been worn out thinking he could buy the cup and having it blow up in his face

Fei

Pegulaville what you doin man

*is that name still posh or has his welcome been worn out thinking he could buy the cup and having it blow up in his face

Pegula is hugely loved here.

I still think it's silly that people say he tried to "buy the Cup" by simply spending to the salary cap. The team believed in that core, built around them once they had the resources to do so, and it was a failure. It was recognized pretty quickly, and the team was torn apart. Now they have a ton of prospects and in position to draft a centerpiece. Organizationally, Toronto should be using Buffalo as a model.

Merguson

Banned
Leafs had 4 shots in the second period? LOL.

I stopped watching after the first. Obviously I shouldn't watch any Leafs games from now on.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
As long as we limit the Caps to no more than 1 on this power play, I think we're fine. Would be real tough to come back if we let them take over the game in the first minute of the second. Even if it's just a 1 goal game, that's a major momentum shift. Can't let it happen.

zroid

Banned
The Leafs are more committed to the Marlies making the playoffs than winning NHL games. That's pretty legit tanking.

Top Bottom