• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

gaming_noob

He can ask all he wants. He's an RFA and he'll deal with it.

I think it's a pretty strong message cause the rest of the team has played like shit. Hopefully, the message is, "we're not fucking around"

I don't see the point of having this type of discipline this late in the season. I think it's a ploy from Shanahan to let other GMs know Kadri's available.

Cactus

Banned
I don't see the point of having this type of discipline this late in the season. I think it's a ploy from Shanahan to let other GMs know Kadri's available.

If the plan is to trade Kadri, why would management make any of this public? Plus, supposedly Shanahan reiterated throughout the conference that Kadri is part of the future.

Razorskin

----- ------

No.

It's because they're at a time were winning doesn't matter so they can afford to send a message by leaving him out of the lineup for multiple games. If they were upset with the guy and fighting for a playoff spot they would think twice before scratching him for 3 games.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
What a good old Canadian kid. Purposely getting himself suspended so we have a chance at another good old Canadian kid.

So much heart and pugnacity.

Cake Boss

Banned

In 2015 GMs can reach other GMs by a tool called Email. Its a fascinating tool where one is able to communicate with another in a private matter.

Just to prove a point in my eyes (and everyone elses). We can afford this right now, to teach accountability. Purposefully shitting on your player isn't really a way to increase trade value...and they've said they're committed. Shanahan's style so far publicly has been to either clarify or just stick to the shadows and continue tweaking the Shanaplan.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Mike Harrington ‏@BNHarrington 1h 1 hour ago
Since Dec. 14, the #Sabres are 7-26-3. Since Dec. 17, the #Leafs are 7-26-3. That's downright spooky.

Tank so stronk.

Meanwhile, in Washington, James Sheppard skated as an extra with Hunwick and Skapski this morning, so Tanner Glass remains in the lineup tonight. Glass actually had a pretty solid game last night (and his last couple of games before the deadline were actually pretty decent by his standards, too), but even accounting for that, you'd think you might want at least one pair of fresh legs for tonight. Guess not.

Tank so stronk.

Meanwhile, in Washington, James Sheppard skated as an extra with Hunwick and Skapski this morning, so Tanner Glass remains in the lineup tonight. Glass actually had a pretty solid game last night (and his last couple of games before the deadline were actually pretty decent by his standards, too), but even accounting for that, you'd think you might want at least one pair of fresh legs for tonight. Guess not.
rangers really shouldve gotten adams off the penguins for amazing 4th line combo

iLLmAtlc

any of you guys buy the MGSV Collector's Edition? I bought one from amazon.ca but I'm not sure if I'm gonna keep it. 50 bucks extra seems a little too much for the stuff you get.

It also seems to be selling a little slowly because it's still available several days later

any of you guys buy the MGSV Collector's Edition? I bought one from amazon.ca but I'm not sure if I'm gonna keep it. 50 bucks extra seems a little too much for the stuff you get.

It also seems to be selling a little slowly because it's still available several days later

I got for Xbone. It is pretty expensive but..MGS :/

Curufinwe

Do the Flyers go forward/forward or defense/forward or what?

I'm sure they'd take Hanafin at 8, but he won't get that low. I think they'll take at least one forward in the 1st. We really need more skill up front in the system.

Rantanen/Roy would be nice since our best wing prospect is Aube-Kubel (2014 2nd rounder) and our top 4 D prospects (Sanheim, Morin, Gostisbehere, Hagg) are all lefties.

I'm sure they'd take Hanafin at 8, but he won't get that low. I think they'll take at least one forward in the 1st. We really need more skill up front in the system.

Rantanen/Roy would be nice since our best wing prospect is Aube-Kubel (2014 2nd rounder) and our top 4 D prospects (Sanheim, Morin, Gostisbehere, Hagg) are all lefties.

I know we'd need Roy for being a righty, but I'm a big fan of going Rantanen/Svechnikov. Big, fast, skilled as hell wingers. Something we seriously need.

If we can get another 2nd, maybe an earlier one, we can get a couple of defenders in the 2nd round. A goalie in the 3rd round.

Besides, for RD, we still have Streit, Ghost and Schenn to take up those spots. Morin, Sanheim and Hagg can take the other spots.

Parch

If we can get another 2nd, maybe an earlier one, we can get a couple of defenders in the 2nd round. A goalie in the 3rd round.
Impossible to predict the insanity of Craig MacTavish, but the Oilers have 2 picks in each of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th rounds and the general consensus is that the team should move some of those picks for useable young players who can make the team now.
Obviously 1st or 2nd overall needs to be drafted, but this long-term rebuild bullshit isn't working for the Oilers.

Yawnier

Banned

A lot of those rankings are eh...... Nice to see him rank Chabot and Zboril that high tho, lot of people overlooking those two Q defensemen because of Jérémy Roy who has all the spotlight this season.

But man he has Jordan Greenway pretty damn low.... no way he goes 3rd round. I'll be shocked if he is still available at 35.

zroid

Banned
Steve Burtch posted a new article

Trading Kadri would be a mistake for Maple Leafs

The problem with trading away young, productive, skilled players for their perceived transgressions is that you run the risk of not getting back equivalent value in return. For every Tyler Myers or Jakub Voracek you get in return there is a Jack Johnson or a Brayden Schenn. A quick look at the return Boston received in exchange for Tyler Seguin illustrates the risk in moves of this nature.

While I doubt the Bruins are particularly unhappy with Smith or Eriksson—it seems far more likely that Seguin will contribute far more offence for the foreseeable future in Dallas. For all intents and purposes, Kadri has been the Leafs' most consistently productive forward this season. He has supplanted Tyler Bozak as the top centre in terms of even-strength time on ice, and his possession numbers indicate he pretty much universally positively affects the teammates playing with him.

Selling an asset with the intrinsic worth of Nazem Kadri at a low price would be a grave mistake and is exactly the sort of move Leafs fans should be hoping the new regime gets away from as it rebuilds this franchise. The only way moving out a player like Kadri benefits the Leafs is if he brings back assets of equivalent or greater value—and that's a long shot at best. Long-term perspective is hard to come by in Toronto, but it's a town that could use some, for the sake of the franchise.

zroid

Banned
Apparently there is some debate going on right now about how important scoring the "first goal" of the game is.

Someone posted this, kinda interesting (it was actually written a while ago):

B_1avk7UYAA4cPK.png

Top Bottom