• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Smarch 2015 |OT| Toronto is tanking on purpose this time.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Hey just got back from my birthday dinner, time to check in on America's team, the Anaheim Ducks...

4UeBEoO.gif

Oh.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The downside of taking over first place: if the season ended right now, we would play Boston in the first round, which is probably the worst matchup possible for us out of the likely options.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Cam Talbot is 4-0-1 with a 0.99 GAA, .966 SV%, and 1 shutout in his last 5 games, 4 of which were on the road.

...Camburglar?

Calamari41

41 > 38
You guys are too kind, and I desperately need that Mighty Ducks cake in my life.

Ducks bros (and zroid) strut together!

0QZ5K6M.gif

And also Terrordactyl!

zroid

Banned
I'm on board with the Let's Keep the Kings Out of the Playoffs Rally.

The Leafs will do their part to give Calgary 2 points on Friday.

Parch

I thought losing Giordano and that tough road trip would slow down the Flames, but they just don't give up and play intense. They're a real pain in the ass to play.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Honestly with regards to Getzlaf, at a certain point you have to just realize that you need to cut your losses and try to get some value out of the trainwreck of a has-been. I think we could go for an old school straight-up player for player trade with Toronto, and bring Kessel into the flock. Big upgrade.

Tabris

Man, the battle for 4th to 8th in the west is going to be a blood bath.

The difference from 4th to 9th in western conference is 7 points. In the east, it's 18 points lol. Man the East has a lot of bad teams.

Socreges

Banned
Playoff race in the West is about 10 times more interesting than the East. ie, in that there is one.

The Canucks play the Kings tomorrow, one of THREE games left between them. Might be a good time to get the monkey off the back. Canucks are fucked otherwise unless one of Calgary or Winnipeg hit the skids.

MXRider

The downside of taking over first place: if the season ended right now, we would play Boston in the first round, which is probably the worst matchup possible for us out of the likely options.
I hope the panthers get in instead of Boston. But that's wishful thinking.

Tabris

Playoff race in the West is about 10 times more interesting than the East. ie, in that there is one.

The Canucks play the Kings tomorrow, one of THREE games left between them. Might be a good time to get the monkey off the back. Canucks are fucked otherwise unless one of Calgary or Winnipeg hit the skids.

Well out of the 16 games we have left, 8 of the games are teams out of the playoff race completely. We also play 5 teams trying to push above us (WPG twice, LA three times).

While some of those other teams have a much worse schedule.

LA - 10 games against teams in playoff race (or clinching)
WPG - 13 games against teams in playoff race (or clinching)

Calgary has the best schedule, only 6 games against teams in playoff race.

EDIT - Of course how we play against teams below us lately, not sure this matters :|

Honestly with regards to Getzlaf, at a certain point you have to just realize that you need to cut your losses and try to get some value out of the trainwreck of a has-been. I think we could go for an old school straight-up player for player trade with Toronto, and bring Kessel into the flock. Big upgrade.

Would perhaps the Canucks look at a straight up Sedin for Getzlaf swap? Good trade for both. We get the best 2 fowards in the league and they get the best 1 forward in the league.

Tabris

Would perhaps the Canucks look at a straight up Sedin for Getzlaf swap? Good trade for both. We get the best 2 fowards in the league and they get the best 1 forward in the league.

Sedins are going to retire in Vancouver. They are not money hungry.

Well unless some GM trades them, but I doubt that'll happen. Our owners and presidents philosophy is build in a winning environment. Transitional plan from old to new.

Hopefully I don't sound TOO optimistic, but if losing giordano didn't kill us, I don't know what will.

I think the wild has the worst schedule in terms of competitive teams.

iLLmAtlc

Hmm if I have to pick one to drop it'd be Flames. I say this with very little haterade but I think it's a dangerous game to fall behind several goals each game.

Top Bottom