• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL13 EASHL - Natural Born Penalty Killers |OT2| Cheese, Chimps and Championships

Delryk

It's not an issue, I just wasn't impressed with the stance they took on things.

They have bad PR.. but thats about it. DRM is fine, especially with the family sharing thats not blood related. Heck, they should PR that shit but theyre too stupid. In the end, for me, xbox has more options and with full digital capability, x86 processor, all bought games will be accessible for pretty much forever. All new consoles (ps4 too) should support backward capability like that. Except the discs dont last forever. Dont get me wrong, ps4 has a lot of cool shit and still getting one later on. After xmas i will decide; second xbone or PS4 for cottage. :)

Delryk

... maybe i'll debut another deke and score this time. Lol. I still cant believe vis, milly and moop were all going nuts cuz of the deke and i couldnt stop laughing cuz of that.. fucking made me miss my chance. ROFL

Delryk

That Driveatar thing for Forza really got me thinking on what they could do with NHL15.. Imagine an AI built on a teammates play. Aces isnt there onlibe to play tonite? Not problem. Use his AI (Robo Aces!) Instead. Watch his player play his style that we're all used to play with. Have AI Vis play center and actually win faceoffs... and deke his way to giveways! :) oh yah. Only on the cloud. ROFL.

Milly79

Last night is the last night I will ever run 3s. I am completely done with that bullshit.

Also, last night was a prime example of you guys trying the same shit over and over again multiple games in a row. It's fucking frustrating, especially when I see less of the puck than Aces/Legit as you guys just circle jerk each other off the rushes. Plenty of times you would either try the CC instead of playing it behind you, wrapping it around, playing it beside you, etc. It's not fucking fun, especially when it's not working.

Delryk

Guessing that was after i left. I tought the callibg for the puck was getting out of hand.. even cost us a goal.. dont care who calls for it, it just has to stop when the goalie has it...

That Driveatar thing for Forza really got me thinking on what they could do with NHL15.. Imagine an AI built on a teammates play. Aces isnt there onlibe to play tonite? Not problem. Use his AI (Robo Aces!) Instead. Watch his player play his style that we're all used to play with. Have AI Vis play center and actually win faceoffs... and deke his way to giveways! :) oh yah. Only on the cloud. ROFL.

Keep dreaming bro my skills will never be on your Xbot clouds, you will have to find someone else that can turn the puck over 46 times in a single game to base your AI on

Last night is the last night I will ever run 3s. I am completely done with that bullshit.

Also, last night was a prime example of you guys trying the same shit over and over again multiple games in a row. It's fucking frustrating, especially when I see less of the puck than Aces/Legit as you guys just circle jerk each other off the rushes. Plenty of times you would either try the CC instead of playing it behind you, wrapping it around, playing it beside you, etc. It's not fucking fun, especially when it's not working.

Tell em why u mad son

Stat!

If you feel this strongly, mention it during the game. I wasn't there for threes, but just mention "Hey guys, try swinging it around the boards as they are leaving me wide open." or "Hey guys, let's try holding up at the line as someone goes in deep drawing the defensemen to collapse." Sometimes, I get too focused on what I'm trying to do and miss other opportunities, but if you bring it up in a constructive manner, I'll try it out and I'll listen.

I do recall not using the swinging it around as much as I usually do last night, but I do attempt to pass to you as often as I can, it's hard to pass all the way across the ice but heck, in the three games I played (we went 2-0-1 and lost 3-2 in OT cause I took a bad penalty/they had 2 CPU Goals within 2 minutes of the game,) each of the forwards had 9 points in 3 games averaging 4 goals per game. I don't think we were bad last night, at least when I played.

Milly79

If you feel this strongly, mention it during the game. I wasn't there for threes, but just mention "Hey guys, try swinging it around the boards as they are leaving me wide open." or "Hey guys, let's try holding up at the line as someone goes in deep drawing the defensemen to collapse." Sometimes, I get too focused on what I'm trying to do and miss other opportunities, but if you bring it up in a constructive manner, I'll try it out and I'll listen.

I do recall not using the swinging it around as much as I usually do last night, but I do attempt to pass to you as often as I can, it's hard to pass all the way across the ice but heck, in the three games I played (we went 2-0-1 and lost 3-2 in OT cause I took a bad penalty/they had 2 CPU Goals within 2 minutes of the game,) each of the forwards had 9 points in 3 games averaging 4 goals per game. I don't think we were bad last night, at least when I played.

I figured after trying again and again, you guys would do something different.

Stat!

I figured after trying again and again, you guys would do something different.

We're averaging 4 goals a game in the three games last night. Heck, you had a 6 point game and you and Legit we're on fire. Usually, I think that's working. But bring it up when we play, I don't mind. Instead of everyone being eerily quiet despite all in a party with connected mics, communicate!

Honestly, in the 3-2 OT loss, everyone was incredibly quiet. It sounded like a funeral during that game. Just call for the puck, say something, or mention it, I promise you, I'll listen Milly. I'm not trying to be this evil terrible cross crease passing repeatedly ass, I'm just not realizing I'm still playing the game.

Also, first actual NHL 14 gameplay video (cam) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2oc4sNHVgQ

EDIT: How cool was the fighting? I loved the pulling/pushing and getting up on one knee. Also, the Williams hit looked pretty cool and there was no flopping around, hopefully by NHL 15, we get sticks hitting sticks as the whole going through other people is still lame.

Milly79

I'm not trying to be this evil terrible cross crease passing repeatedly ass, I'm just not realizing I'm still playing the game.

jb.gif

Wtb the correct amount of officials on the ice! 2k10 did this for Christ sake. The Ref was pissing me off with his weird animations, otherwise the fighting looked good. :p

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Guessing that was after i left. I tought the callibg for the puck was getting out of hand.. even cost us a goal.. dont care who calls for it, it just has to stop when the goalie has it...
Calling for the puck when we're up 4-1 with 5 mins left in the 3rd is the very last of our defensive worries.

Stat!

Some good games last night. We went 11-2-1. In our last 4 games of the night (all wins), we outscored our opponents 19-5.

Anyone up for afternoon games?

Red_Man

I've been terrible on face offs for the past couple weeks but I have it fixed now. I work tomorrow so I won't be able to play late and I doubt many people will be playing during the game.

Stat!

I've been terrible on face offs for the past couple weeks but I have it fixed now. I work tomorrow so I won't be able to play late and I doubt many people will be playing during the game.

Out of curiosity, do you do anything special for the faceoffs? Either by attributess or stick related?

The Gameinformer article said they aren't changing anything for faceoffs except for making it easier to win on lower difficulties. So if anyone wants to try centre, there isn't any fear of having to learn a new system come September.

Red_Man

Out of curiosity, do you do anything special for the faceoffs? Either by attributess or stick related?

The Gameinformer article said they aren't changing anything for faceoffs except for making it easier to win on lower difficulties. So if anyone wants to try centre, there isn't any fear of having to learn a new system come September.
I used to have a maxed out FO stat, but I switched to another play style and not have it at like 91 now I think, which I find doesn't really matter unless you get matched up against a guy who's amazing. It's mostly about timing and counters, I've been playing pretty lazy lately, but I realized what I was doing wrong last night.

Ah faceoffs, a topic near and dear to my heart...

I'm gonna have to do a video one of these days showing off the "timing" I always talk about. I pretty much have the "system" figured out.

There are 4 different visual cues that I try flicking the stick at. Generally once you find the right one if ur FO attribute is 95 or better they can't beat you clean anymore. Then it's all about repetition and execution. I generally use the backhand stance as you can reliably aim the face off better and it's less susceptible to the stick lift counters.

The secret that not many people know is that the timing is slightly different in 2 of the 5 different zones you take a face off from, and there is a relationship between the zones. Once you figure out 1 of the zones you can know the timing of them all if you know what I've figured out over time.

The center ice and offensive zone draws are always 1 visual cue earlier than the defensive and 2 blue line draws.

My 4 visual cues in order are:
1- first movement of refs hand
2- puck has been dropped
3- puck hits the ice
4- one second after puck hits the ice (as late as it allows your stick input)

There some other nuances, like making sure you declare and hold your grip as early as possible but with that stuff above and if you actually pay attention during the game you should be able to win 60% at least.

Red_Man

Something I did last night when I got stuck was just match the other guy. I'm pretty good at the actual draws and im pretty fast, so I went down when he went down and could beat him most of the time after I did that.

Top Bottom