• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch |OT|

Eusis

His tantrum has gone on long enough.
THANK YOU. I just wish they were marked as being Ni no Kuni spoilers, I went and messed up when I wanted to see what finally got him banned. At least I didn't care THAT much about spoilers for this game, but still.

And since it's brought up: What's really nice about DQVIII's widescreen is that it actually expands, most others either just cut off the top/bottom or re-proportion what's shown, in FFXII you can see a bit more at the sides, but less at the top and bottom.

Andrew.

Banned
Alchemy and looking up recipes is fun as hell.

Just got Swaine and organized everyone's Familiars. I'm on the way now to collect all those damn green chests in Mamoon, Summerlands, etc but I'm stealing from everyone as I go. It's pretty damn fun just to hang back and use Mugshot as many times as you can before Esther and Oliver clean house.

If I had any complaint of the gameplay is that they don't give you enough Magic. It wouldn't be so bad if the regular Iced Coffee gave you more than a paultry 10 MP and if making or buying Strong Coffee wasn't as expensive. Your AI guys go through MP like it's candy.

It's not a deal breaker or anything, I am still absolutely loving the game (just got Hamelin, saved and quit for the day) and I'm making do, but I wish that something regarding magic could be slightly different whether it's how much the consumables cost, more detailed tactics that would make your AI characters use it a bit less often without just turning it off or powers taking up less MP. I don't think it should be a BIG difference since I think getting low on magic from time to time keeps things fresh, but something to make it a bit more managable to keep your MP full more often.

The last 10 hours or so of my game, Oliver was chaining cappuccinos. That 13 year old will never sleep again. Or die from a caffeine OD.

Finalow

Are you talking about the Golden Mite and Drongo? Those aren't skins, those are familiar tickets that you turn in to the sage in the temple of trials. That goes for any familiar ticket you get in the game or through DLC.
oh, thought they were skins or something. thanks.

anyone?

no I mean that I have to even if I don't want to, enemies are a lot faster than you and you can't really avoid them, so yeah I'm just going to kill them all.

I'm having some problems in the desert tho, died 2 times already vs normal mobs.

That's not what grinding means. To grind means to seek out battles for the sole purpose of gaining experience points. What you're experiencing is just a random battle.

Eusis

That's not what grinding means. To grind means to seek out battles for the sole purpose of gaining experience points. What you're experiencing is just a random battle.
Well, you can argue for masked grinds, but I only strictly consider something a grind if you're only running around in a single place to get EXP. Alternatively, to farm items, but that's, well, farming, even if it overlaps with grinding.

Well, you can argue for masked grinds, but I only strictly consider something a grind if you're only running around in a single place to get EXP. Alternatively, to farm items, but that's, well, farming, even if it overlaps with grinding.

I was just about to edit in a distinction for farming :p

But yeah, as such, the only games I remember grinding in are: Pokemon Red/Blue, Persona 3 (in order to overcome the AI, coincidentally a common complain with Ni no Kuni), and Earthbound. Ni no Kuni has masked grinds in the form of a lot of their errands early in the game, specifically the Derwin errands, but at no point in the game did I run back and forth on the map to level up in order to progress.

Andrew.

Banned

Farming and grinding are like peas and car-ruts.

ForrestGump2.jpg

I love this game so much, at 50 hours in (possibly near the end?), I have some questions about a dungeon. I just visited the
ghost warship; however, after completing a battle, I'm wondering if it ever comes back as a dungeon or event. Does it return later in the game? I have this ghost warship shaped hole in my heart right now.
Thanks.

YES! Easy mode engaged! I finally, finally, finally caught a Dinoceros! And then I went on a Toko murdering spree near Perdida. Several times I ran into encounters where 2/3 of the enemies were Tokos!

Xamdou

The game is available as a digital download at the PSN store for $54.99, I am wondering though does the retail blu-ray disc version have an install option?

Goli

I love this game so much, at 50 hours in (possibly near the end?), I have some questions about a dungeon. I just visited the
ghost warship; however, after completing a battle, I'm wondering if it ever comes back as a dungeon or event. Does it return later in the game? I have this ghost warship shaped hole in my heart right now.
Thanks.

No, but one of the game's post-game clear sidequests involves fighting a palette swap of the captain of the ship, but the battle doesn't occur on a ship that time.

Beren

Guys for errand 074 i need a Ghost Wisperer to evolve in to a Wispula but the door to enter the place where they are is locked :( , any help?

Coldsnap

Man.. the chain of quests to get to see the Cat King in Ding Dong Deli is really putting me off this game. I know it's a JRPG but I thought they no longer do the "Well in order to do X you need to do X but before that you need to do X.. etc etc"..

JollyWolf

Really? I'm British English and I've never much of a problem with the dub from the demo of Ni No Kuni. I think I might understand a little of what you mean, though. The kids lines do seem to sound a little forced, but I suppose that's what you get when you cast actual 8 year olds. Certainly isn't terrible though by any means. I really like the Welsh accent for Drippy too.

Also cor blimey, the DQ8 dub was fantastic IMO. Was a big highlight of the game for me.

Voice actor is 13.

Goli

Nearly broke my first sixaxis controller which is something I've never done;

Ive been stuck for two days on the boss fight in the cove for two days now. Electricity is hos weakness but having a familiar out opens me to his attacks. He kills y AI partner quickly to where i dont have a healer. Even when inswitch to the girl, and run off to kite him away, oliver walks up to him and hits him with his fucking wand.

Im lvls 19 and 20. I cant be arsed to even open my guide to learn how to do this because it shouldnt be so mechanically broken to begin with.

(This is why ive only ever beaten 6 jrpgs in 33 years)

Get as far away from him as you can, buy a lot of MP recovery items and spam magic. That works for all bosses. Not the best way, but it works.

I'm really digging this game but there's so much to learn. What do the Xs or checks next to the symbols under genus represent? What they're weak or strong against?

I can't show an evolved form of something to this guy asking for a certain type of familiar? Goddammit. Can you even catch the first form of something if you have its evolved form out in battle?

Aeana

I can't show an evolved form of something to this guy asking for a certain type of familiar? Goddammit. Can you even catch the first form of something if you have its evolved form out in battle?

Yes, your tame chance isn't affected by anything under your control. You can tame the same monster you use to kill it, even.

one_kill

Is the familiar Griffy in the official guide?
I swear I've browsed through the list of familiars and couldn't find him.

Also, can you have two similar familiars? Or does one have to evolve first before you could get the pre-evolved version?

Is the familiar Griffy in the official guide?
I swear I've browsed through the list of familiars and couldn't find him.

Also, can you have two similar familiars? Or does one have to evolve first before you could get the pre-evolved version?
don't believe it's in the guide.

Top Bottom