• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch |OT|

Neverfade

I just morphed Mitey. Should I reload my save and boost him to 20 first? If I understand correctly, I can't learn Ray of Light otherwise, right? Is it worth it?

Godslay

Banned
I did it around 23-24 after a few tries. Basically I had to equip that cross slash move that Oliver's first familiar uses and then equip this AOE water move that Esther's first familiar learns eventually and spam those moves when all the little ones come out. I also got lucky that a few golden things fell so we used the big special abilities a few times.

You keep posting. You must be either enjoying the game or slogging through to save humanity?

Aeana

Okay so for morphing, what is the requirements? I go to give my pokemon the corresponding thing and they just shake their head in disgust.
Once they say "Metamorphable!" on the screen, you feed the corresponding sign and size. To go from form 1 to form 2, you need to feed them the regular drops, and to go from 2 to 3, you need to feed the jumbo drops.

Neverfade

Not true, I got ray of light and my Mitey was bellow 20.

Looking at mine right now, and under the trick list it's darkened out with "Lv. 20" in the corner. What else could that mean?

Edit: Highlight it and it says: "Learned at Lv. 20".

Edit 2: Regardless, my question remains can I still learn these tricks after metamorphosis, as it's not on the evolved Mitey's trick list.

Neverfade

What is the max level a familiar can reach? Is it better to get a familiar to its max level before metamorphing it?

Not sure about max level, but I did read that, for example, a Mitey morphed at 20 will go on to be a little bit more powerful than one morphed at 16.

1stStrike

Banned
It's been like 5 days since I've last played this and I'm finding my desire to return to it decreases with each passing day. I will probably come back to it at some point, but hell, it's way down at the bottom of my list.

RDreamer

Holy crap that Royal Jelly boss....

I think I used about 20 healing items (mostly the 150 hp ones), probably 5 or 6 coffees, and 5 phoenix feathers, and barely won. That thing kicked my teeth in like nothing else in this game ever has, and now I don't really have any items left

Spoo

Hey guys, really dumb question but:

Amazon actually gave me a code for a familiar, but how do I use it (the familiar ticket, not the code). It just sits in my inventory and I don't know how to redeem it. Thanks!

Aeana

Hey guys, really dumb question but:

Amazon actually gave me a code for a familiar, but how do I use it (the familiar ticket, not the code). It just sits in my inventory and I don't know how to redeem it. Thanks!

When you reach a specific location
Temple of Trials
, you'll be able to trade it for the familiar.

Spoo

When you reach a specific location
Temple of Trials
, you'll be able to trade it for the familiar.

Thanks :D Also, I'm really digging this game, which is funny because I have a really hard time with games like Dragon Quest which this feels like a bit, but... I don't know, maybe it's actually that the unique world and story (and awesome Ghibli art) make it feel a bit less familiar to me.

jwk94

That sounds pretty ignorant and extremely rude of him. Maybe just try to tune him out somehow or ignore it? I mean if you have no other place to play the game without him heckling you, the only other option would be to not play it when he's around. :(

Thanks for the advice. I'll probably play it with some headphones on.

Alright GAF, this is urgent. Is there no other way to get the soundtrack than by pre-ordering it through this french retailer?

http://shop.wayorecords.net/index.p...78&PHPSESSID=4bba83ab5b6707aec93dea1f87228278

sikkinixx

I'm walking up to the volcano now, a few hours into the game, at about lvl 15ish with my main characters...I want to like this game more than i do, the ally a.i. is horrible. The only tactics they can manage is using up all their mp during easier battles or forcing them to use no mp with nothing in between. They also seem like they don't understand the battle system with changing familiars or even blocking/evading super attacks.

Yeah I'm finding the change from one character to two to be annoying. The second character needs constant babysitting to stop from using expensive MP spells like crazy on enemies that die in a few hits. I don't know if I will like when it gets to three characters. I really would LOVE a FFXII gambit like system.

Anybody else have trouble playing this game with other people? I live in a dorm so I mostly play with another person in the room. Whenever I play and my roommate is there, he constantly berates me with his "gay" it looks because it has children. Honestly, it's incredibly annoying, almost to the point where I don't even want to play the game anymore.

Stop being such a baby?

backlot

Yeah I'm finding the change from one character to two to be annoying. The second character needs constant babysitting to stop from using expensive MP spells like crazy on enemies that die in a few hits. I don't know if I will like when it gets to three characters. I really would LOVE a FFXII gambit like system.

I usually just ignore the MP of the other characters. They'll collect blue glims in battle and it gets recharged every time they level up. Most serious fights where I'd want them to go in with full MP have save points before them to recharge anyway.

What is the max level a familiar can reach? Is it better to get a familiar to its max level before metamorphing it?

The max level for a familiar varies depending on the creature. Even different forms of the same creature will often have different max levels.

What asshole thought 'hey level my familiar 10 levels for me' was a good idea for a side quest?

A few Toko fights makes it a cakewalk. Shit, I did that quest while I was grinding my Dinoceros.

Ill Saint

I don't know where to find those.

Spoilering just in case.
Toko's are on Ugly Duckling isle. It's the south-eastern most island in the cluster to the north-east of the Summerlands. Tokotoko's are in Billy Goat's Bluff, which if you sail from Ugly Duckling is just a short way east and slight bit south from there, on Autumnia.Tough enemies there, though. Toko's run away quickly, so target them as soon as the battle starts.

Sanctuary

Spoilering just in case.
Toko's are on Ugly Duckling isle. It's the south-eastern most island in the cluster to the north-east of the Summerlands. Tokotoko's are in Billy Goat's Bluff, which if you sail from Ugly Duckling is just a short way east and slight bit south from there, on Autumnia.Tough enemies there, though. Toko's run away quickly, so target them as soon as the battle starts.

If he's around the
Yule areas
, he should be high enough for the Tokos around
Peridia
, which are arguably much easier to farm; as well as a hell of a lot more experience.

Anyway, I just saved that stupid quest until I actually needed the stamps. So I waited until right before the final boss.

If he's around the
Yule areas
, he should be high enough for the Tokos around
Peridia
, which are arguably much easier to farm; as well as a hell of a lot more experience.

Once I had my Dinoceros leveld up enough to be useful, grinding Tokos around that area is the easiest thing in the world. They actually show up a lot more frequently than the Dinoceros I spent god-knows how long trying to catch.

Question, though. If I wanted a Toko of my very own, does that "certain merit perk" improve my chances enough to make it worthwhile?

Stop being such a baby?

image.php

bumpkin

All of the positive chatter finally did me in; bought a copy of the game today. I'll admit that me picking it up despite having a huge backlog is mostly due to fear it'll become rare (i.e. expensive) down the line. I'm bummed that I didn't have a clue about the game prior to its release. I would have loved to have gotten the collectors' edition. There is/was no way in hell that I would pay 2-3 times more than it costs at retail for it though. ebay scalpers are the scum of the earth.

At any rate, I'm hoping that I'm in for every bit the treat that a lot of you are leading me to believe. I don't know how I feel about hearing that the combat is reminiscent of Final Fantasy XII's, but I'm sure that I'll get used to it.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Catching familiars and evolving familiars is so much more entertaining then trying to get those damn Scrolls of Truth :)

25 left, then I say goodbye to Ni No Kuni :( and hope for a Sequel.

Last game I played this much in 2 weeks was Tales of Graces F.

TDLink

Question regarding late game spoilers:

So I just got Marcassin. Should I switch Esther or Swaine (leaning towards Esther) out for him? Is he any good?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I swear, JRPGs are the only games where they make it hard to find materials for crafting consumables you use on a regular basis.

Top Bottom