• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch |OT|

madhtr

Use him too. He's on Oliver.

Errr, you use Mite on a different character? I mean, you can, but I try to limit to the types they're best with. Esther still uses her Drongo, which is in its final form, and
Swaine
has a Bone Brigadier, a Steam Man, and something else (I forget which). I used Mite until I realized how bad ass Puss in Boats was, though.

RangerBAD

Errr, you use Mite on a different character? I mean, you can, but I try to limit to the types they're best with. Esther still uses her Drongo, which is in its final form, and
Swaine
has a Bone Brigadier, a Steam Man, and something else (I forget which). I used Mite until I realized how bad ass Puss in Boats was, though.

No, both are on Oliver. I switch Puss in when Mite has been out too long. Yeah, Puss is stronger and has better Evade than Mite, but I just never bothered changing the order or many familiars and I've had no real troubles.

God I fucking love this game.

And it seems to be selling pretty well here in the States/Europe.

Chances high for a sequel?

I'm pretty sure there will not be a sequel, even if it does well here, given how low the sales have been from Japan.

Didn't the game sell about 150k in Japan? Not a success, but not a huge flop either. We're talking about a country where 1M sales is a huge success (sales within Japan, at least). Not sure what Level-5's sales predictions were like. We'd need to look at the market at the time too. Did a lot of other big deal games come out that week/month? I remember hearing they overshipped the game. I remember hearing about complaints on the difficulty too.

Last I heard it was a little above 100k, and I'd say that's a flop, considering the magnitude and possible budget for it. It's all conjecture, though.

RangerBAD

I may have to change things up in the post game, but right now most of my characters are in the 70s and I'm at the
Ivory Tower
. While trying to get every enemy in my book, I hit a bunch of Tokos. lol It's too bad I'm overleveled, but that's fine.

zeopower6

I'm pretty sure there will not be a sequel, even if it does well here, given how low the sales have been from Japan.

Last I heard it was a little above 100k, and I'd say that's a flop, considering the magnitude and possible budget for it. It's all conjecture, though.

You saw this from Akihiro Hino, right? (originally in a Famitsu interview)

In an interview with Famitsu.com at Namco Bandai's recent Gamers Day event, Level-5 CEO Akihiro Hino said that, with regards to a Ni no Kuni sequel, he'd like to continue with the series if they see strong results from the overseas version.

http://andriasang.com/con0ow/ni_no_kuni_ps3_hino_interview/

Also, lol at the mention of Honeywood at the time kind of.

The game's localization is being headed up by Level-5's localization director. According to Hino, the localization director is someone with long experience with localization. He did not work on the localization of the Layton series, though. This will be his first project for Level-5.

Derrick01

Banned
Is there another version of the toko after the 8,000xp one? I'm at a point where 8k isn't all that much anymore. I'd probably get just 1 level for everyone with that.

zeopower6

Yep. I just can't imagine it doing so well here to counter-balance the disappointing Japanese sales. But hey, I'd love to be wrong. :)

I thought the sales in Japan were pretty much 'okay'. They were anything to rave about though, which is probably why they haven't said anything about the sales in Japan and also why they released the All in One Edition in summer 2012, lol. For a new PS3 RPG, it did okay compared to say... WKC.

So far, the NA/EU sales seem like they'll surpass expectations. My hope is that it'll at least do better than it did in Japan. It'd be nice if it did as well as Dark Chronicle/Dark Cloud 2 did overseas!

Is there another version of the toko after the 8,000xp one? I'm at a point where 8k isn't all that much anymore. I'd probably get just 1 level for everyone with that.

Isn't there a 24,000 EXP one?

Derrick01

Banned
Tokotokos will still be faster, because it's easier to reshuffle the spawns. Tokocolds are in a dungeon rather than on the map, which imposes a whole bunch more restrictions on you.

Ah that's kind of a bummer. The ones by Perdida are in a pretty great spot admittedly and I was on a streak earlier of encountering at least 1 group each time I entered and left the city.

Ah that's kind of a bummer. The ones by Perdida are in a pretty great spot admittedly and I was on a streak earlier of encountering at least 1 group each time I entered and left the city.

I had one great run down the mountain outside of Perdida where I ran into like, 4 of them in 3 fights. All in one trip.

SnowHawk

You'll know when you get there in the story, lol. You're almost there though if you're in Hamelin.

Thank you. :)

I really do love this game. I'm struggling to tame monsters though, I'm pretty sure it wasn't this hard to tame them in the Japanese version. :/

Amir0x

Banned
Luck of the irish, Dino in my second fight with one :D

oh by the way I randomly caught a toko.

Why does it take 14,000exp to just go to lvl 2!? @_o

zeopower6

Luck of the irish, Dino in my second fight with one :D

oh by the way I randomly caught a toko.

Why does it take 14,000exp to just go to lvl 2!? @_o

I believe Toko's max level is 5. :p It gets worse as he changes forms, I think. (max levels of 5 -> 6 -> 8 for both third forms) It sort of balances out since he has such few levels compared to other Familiars whose first forms max out at around 30+~.

madhtr

christ... does he actually do anything worth leveling him for lol

770 Evade, 400+ magic def. I think 5 star speed, as well. According to the spreadsheet that was found, the two tier-3 morphs are the 6th and 7th familiars in total stat numbers.

madhtr

but you're amongst friends who can appreciate your Toko celebration. that should count for something!

The stats all went up 40-60 per, it still wasn't enough for me to actually use it as a main. But yes, that does count for something :D

zeopower6

from twitter:

source: Lee Kirton @Leearigold Namco Bandai PR & Marketing Director

I really hope this is true

Isn't it #1 on Amazon over there?

Whatever the case is, #1 anywhere is awesome. Going to be interesting to see the monthly sales for NA/US.

zeopower6

Can someone make me a Ni No Kuni avatar?

What kind of avatar? I have a bunch that I made a while ago if you're interested! Some may have been taken though... I removed most that I recall were used.

aKITFMa.png
R6aFg.png

EZJDseL.png
mV26UPx.png
wd5hQr3.png
DFrn9h5.png

8KAYp6O.png
pkcfNqh.png
UqN7lMi.png

AnkNbl2.png
FxdL6np.png

03q0yfz.png

dF9gO.png
H1gKk.png

OUtVY.png
WlPmW.png
vZDH6.png

JpZfe9H.png
rUZPlxn.png
TNjKIms.png
0EJVvus.png
sC6dWTs.png
IsLF1fH.png

6dFwhbx.png
au6z3Wv.png
mJFC8mb.png
h8ZSDzS.png
mVX0KZD.png
82Cxzdp.png

Also a set of familiars by pixiv artist Potennu (http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=2227889)

GOeiml2.png
h64ca4m.png
n5KFOHw.png
7FK1jS4.png

GVvgNIB.png
c9RoHO5.png
qZG2FBh.png
UUZrvCn.png
P3rB6E7.png

Top Bottom