• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch |OT|

zeopower6

R6aFg.png

which one is this? i don't remember it at all D:

nor any of these?
0EJVvus.png
6dFwhbx.png
IsLF1fH.png
mVX0KZD.png

It was removed from the game :( They were added in the Japanese All in One Edition.

It came from the mobile card game that was available for Ni no Kuni, Ni no Kuni: Daibouken Monsters, but it's since then ceased operations.

I reaaallllly wanted them tbh.

WSxLa.png
7RUTM.png

These two were part of that set of three. :( These avatars are taken btw.

And the other set you're asking about are the DS game's monsters. They were not added in the PS3 game for whatever reason.

Finalow

ROFL. gaf, how much lucky am I? I got a DINO at the first try, also he was there already so didn't even need to wait for him to spawn.

zeopower6

oh poo
finally a really cute one
and not even in game

I think they could potentially be DLC though so be on the lookout. We're getting Draggle in NA soon free on PSN. (He was originally the first press bonus for the original PS3 release)

This game just came on my radar... can anyone compare this to other JRPGs to sell me on it?

FFXII (parabola battle arc, but other than that... not much comparison, lol.)
Dark Cloud/Dark Cloud 2 (the 'feel' since this is a Level-5 game and there are some neat Level-5 references littered throughout the game)
Tales
Dragon Quest (later ones by Level-5)
Maybe Jade Cocoon?

I dunno, it depends on who you ask really.

Replicant

This game is awfully addictive. I was playing heavily last night not realizing that it was already 4AM and I have to work today.

I love the entire game. I love how leveling up doesn't feel like leveling up because you're gritting your teeth trying to get that elusive Familiar. Having said that, F U Dick Buncher! I had to fight at least 20+ of them before I managed to get one. Well, it goes straight to the Familiars Retreat instead of on my roster list. That'll show him!

Also Mite is cuter on his 1st form than on his 2nd form. Not sure if I want to evolve my Golden Mite now.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
from twitter:
#NiNoKuni is no 1 in the UK!
source: Lee Kirton @Leearigold Namco Bandai PR & Marketing Director

Its not hard to be #1 in the UK these days, but this still warms my heart. I know several friends who never get hyped for games that bought this at launch due to ALL DAT GHIBLI.

This game just came on my radar... can anyone compare this to other JRPGs to sell me on it?

Dragon Quest VIII for charm and artstyle and overworld. Battle system is different though with being able to battle with little creatures. There's a demo but like most RPG demos it doesn't really provide the best advert for the final product but you get a taste of the battle system. Love the localisation/voice work. Especially on Drippy. It's very fun listening to him and there's some nice humour. I keep impersonating him during the times he isn't spoken out in a Welsh accent en't it!!

And great to see it at the number 1 spot in the UK. I had an incline and hope it would and whilst its hardly a massive achievement these days, it brings a warm glow to my heart seeing lots of other people pick up this great game.

Draper

Alright, despite no one responding to my damn questions, I went out and bought the game :p

Anything I should know or be aware of before I jump into this?

Replicant

I can't believe I have to go back all the way to Ding-Dong-Dell just for Enthusiasm. I knew I should have sucked that guy's soul when I was there a long time ago.

I've been watching Oliver's reactions to the environment in my last session. His pace changes up and down stairs, and if you park him in water, he'll lift a foot out disgusted at wet feet.

Marvelous music, too.

At what point in the game will I have to switch my strategy of just using Oliver and my mite?
i just got swaine as a team member
. I have a couple of familiars I've been leveling up, but haven't really needed to use them yet.

Hana-Bi

So, regarding treats:

You can max increase 50 ability points, but some treats are giving way more than 50 ability points at once. Like princess chocolate has an attack increase of +115-125. Am I missing here something? Just started playing but this confused me when I looked in the guide...

zeopower6

So, regarding treats:

You can max increase 50 ability points, but some treats are giving way more than 50 ability points at once. Like princess chocolate has an attack increase of +115-125. Am I missing here something? Just started playing but this confused me when I looked in the guide...

I think it has to do with the points needed to get an additional ability point, not ability points themselves.

The level at which stuff starts running away from you in comparison to the challenge it presents in battle is set way too low. Stuff that makes a dash for it is still a good fight and worthwhile exp and money.

eshwaaz

Just got to Tombstone Trail. There are so many things I like about the game, but I don't think I can stick with it much longer. I've never been into JRPGs - in fact, this is the farthest I've ever gotten into a JRPG - and I just find the combat extremely tedious. I'm also not very good at it, which obviously isn't helping.

Any quick tips for someone on the verge of quitting? The world and characters are fantastic, but the gameplay is wearing on me.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Just got to Tombstone Trail. There are so many things I like about the game, but I don't think I can stick with it much longer. I've never been into JRPGs - in fact, this is the farthest I've ever gotten into a JRPG - and I just find the combat extremely tedious. I'm also not very good at it, which obviously isn't helping.

Any quick tips for someone on the verge of quitting? The world and characters are fantastic, but the gameplay is wearing on me.
You can always switch the difficulty mid-game. Turning it to easy for the boss fights might be a good idea if you feel this way.

Bladenic

Late a few pages, but happy to see its #1 ranking in UK. Sure it probably didn't sell a huge amount to earn that position, but it earned it nonetheless. Can't think of the last JRPG that was #1 in the UK. FFXIII maybe?

Hana-Bi

I think it has to do with the points needed to get an additional ability point, not ability points themselves.

So, one normal chocolate wouldn't give you an ability increase every time you eat it? Can you see how much points you need for an ability increase?

zeopower6

So, one normal chocolate wouldn't give you an ability increase every time you eat it? Can you see how much points you need for an ability increase?

One normal chocolate gives you a +1 to Attack the first time you feed it to a Familiar that has it as their favorite food. After that though, I have no idea really how many are needed for the next few points. The green bar increases at a reaaallllly slow rate after the first few points if you feed just chocolate bars.

I fed bon bons once to a Familiar that liked chocolates and hadn't had any food at all and it went up +4/+5 in one go. No idea how many points each treat has since I don't have a guide T_T~ Darn Overstock.

Yuterald

So, taming is completely random? And there's only a merit reward to slightly increase the chances? That's pretty lame. For a game based around monster taming/recruiting, you'd think there would be a better way to obtaining your little buddies. These guys should have played more Nocturne. =/

Also, I feel a bit boned that I was forced into evolving my main/default familiar. I kinda wanted to keep him around for that Level 50 skill. Is there an item late that teaches that same skill or will it show up in the 3rd/next evolution?

Top Bottom