• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch |OT|

madhtr

Seems like quite a number reserved Ni no Kuni at my local game store.

I really hope this title does very well, so they at least think about a sequel. I wonder how many people are getting multiple copies. I have my WE, but am also getting the Steelbook from Gamestop.

The Lamp

Saw it too, really tempted to go back. My local Target also had Anarchy Reigns out on the shelf a good week and a half before it was street dated.

You think it's worth trying? How do I buy a game from Target off the shelf if it's got a street-date? Do I take it to customer service or something?

RPGCrazied

You think it's worth trying? How do I buy a game from Target off the shelf if it's got a street-date? Do I take it to customer service or something?

Well, aren't all Targets the same? All the games are behind a glass window that is locked, you have to find an employee to even open it up. But yeah, if its there, you should be able to buy it.

madhtr

For people that have talked about hoping to get the steelbook from Gamestop, the one I frequent is rubberbanding them to the games for the people that are getting them. Then again, that was the manager telling me, so who knows what the regular employees will be doing.

The Lamp

Well, aren't all Targets the same? All the games are behind a glass window that is locked, you have to find an employee to even open it up. But yeah, if its there, you should be able to buy it.

I tried to buy LittleBigPlanet (before the recall) at Target at launch and they pulled it out of the case but the scanner didn't let them sell it to me and they took the whole stock back to the stockroom. :( their machines are smart even if their employees aren't.

Mr YuYu

This is my most wanted game at the moment. Old school rpg mechanics and studio ghibli visuals!! Sounds like the best game on earth in theory. Lets hope it doesn't dissapoint! But looking at the reviews it looks like a winner allready.

Skidd

Since, the Japanese box art is pretty snazzy, I made a few avatars from it:

ib1zTrqEyztnsD.jpg
ibi9m8oDHDbLiu.jpg
iUrN0g9C6CcY6.jpg
ikyHgrLJ4hdrP.jpg
ibaRqsBFY6QkI9.jpg
ibh9BjcAGJbE1l.jpg
ibks4chh1LT8N1.jpg
iblaGIishFO6He.jpg
ibytceheZRw5kN.jpg
ivmcDGS09mFR4.jpg
ibdOlORKrRCBOn.jpg
ibhoGkSIuvtY0Y.jpg
ilwDhXAwHC76O.jpg
iC66BCzZsgDb0.jpg
iQznE8d3SfYsj.jpg

The wait is killing me.

Lucent

Hahaha I'd totally offer but today I've gotta work.

Not too sure on the towns. I haven't sunk my teeth into the game very much, so I just know Motorville and Ding Dong Dell. I'm almost certain there are other towns though, there has to be!

I'm pretty sure I read that there are more towns on the map and even hidden ones (like ones you probably wouldn't necessarily be forced to go to in the game but to just discover). Dunno how many though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

There's about 20 at my store. That's about the same number as DMC, but the thing with this kidn of game is wondering what kind of tail it will have. Reviews certainly help

madhtr

There's about 20 at my store. That's about the same number as DMC, but the thing with this kidn of game is wondering what kind of tail it will have. Reviews certainly help

If it has a very good head, not sure the tail matters too much. I think the tail will also be influenced by word of mouth, as well as how well stocked N-B keeps stores. I have yet to see much marketing for the game, so much will depend on that word of mouth.

I'm surprised they didn't at least create a commercial that could play on the Studio Ghibli participation. Oh well. I know I'll be getting the game, and all I can do is hope that enough people do to warrant more games similar to this, even if it's not directly related to this game.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If it has a very good head, not sure the tail matters too much. I think the tail will also be influenced by word of mouth, as well as how well stocked N-B keeps stores. I have yet to see much marketing for the game, so much will depend on that word of mouth.

I'm surprised they didn't at least create a commercial that could play on the Studio Ghibli participation. Oh well. I know I'll be getting the game, and all I can do is hope that enough people do to warrant more games similar to this, even if it's not directly related to this game.

As I've said in earlier threads, they need to market it on Disney Channel and Cartoon Network. the kind of grown ups that are interested in this game are going to discover it through the internet. Get kids to see it while they're watching cartoons and show some 'Pokemon' elements of it.

Just went to GS a few hours ago and reserved a copy. I wouldn't have reserved a copy but the GS employee told me if I didn't I'd have to be lucky, because he has very little copies.

Not taking a chance of not getting this on launch day.

Hoo-doo

Banned
If there's a way to alter my current avatar into something Ni No Kuni-like, I totally would.

I'm just not ready to drop the smug face just yet.

jschreier

you wanton tease.

THAT'S MY JOB.

I'll have a longer piece up on Tuesday over at Kotaku, but I'm playing right now and yeah, I love it. The music is fantastic (nice work, Tokyo Philharmonic!), the world is charming as hell, and I don't really need to tell you guys just how gorgeous a game this is.

madhtr

As I've said in earlier threads, they need to market it on Disney Channel and Cartoon Network. the kind of grown ups that are interested in this game are going to discover it through the internet. Get kids to see it while they're watching cartoons and show some 'Pokemon' elements of it.

Exactly. Show Oliver throwing out some familiars, doing some special attacks, maybe throw in a little 2D animation, and you'll have an entirely different crowd wanting the game.

zeopower6

Well, it's been #1 for a few days now which is a bit of an accomplishment. One day and then dropping = not fun, lol. Wonder if it can keep it up!

Ricker

Didn't get the call from Gamestop today saying the game was in and that I could pick it up Thuesday...lots of snow over here during the weekend and some freezing temperature early next week(in the minus 10 below 0),I hope they get the game on time(Montreal area)....getting nervous,i will call them up Monday if they havent call by then.

Frazley

I am so excited for this game! They had me at Studio!

Secret World of Arietty was amazing! Ponyo, was.........strange, and I liked Spirited Away.

This game should be beautiful and fun!

I just got back from preordering it, and... well, I mean, according to Gamestop I got the last copy. But, they told me this after I had preordered it so I don't think they were bs'ing me.

zeopower6

The one that looks like a tombstone with legs and the sun look really odd and sort of out of place compared to the others.

I believe he was mentioned as 'really weird' compared to the others, lol. I guess he makes more sense in his area.

I found a really old concept from Ni no Kuni back in 2008 when it was subtitled THE ANOTHER WORLD and I wonder if Drippy was originally going to transform into this giant horsechicken thing in the first iteration of the game.

It's a small image but it's rather beautiful... curious why whatever it's representing was scrapped though.

lTYPjPF.jpg

mWa5V2z.png
oebKdFc.png
PW04QO5.png

Now I want this giant chicken in the game.

Hoo-doo.

I think I have found the solution for your predicament.

XfUFGd7.png

Behold.

Top Bottom