• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch |OT|

Willectro

Banned
Guys, I'm sitting 2 feet away from my 84" calibrated TV. I see some jaggies, therefore this game and PS3 are terrible. What were the devs thinking?
Not really.

Hope I'm not the only one looking forward to new Joe Hisaishi music.
I think I'm more excited about the soundtrack than the game, haha. I'm going in almost blind though.

8byte

Banned
Not even lol. A 42 is about right vision wise when you are 4 feet away as far as immersion IMHO.

I also felt no different when I gamed on my 24 inch Dell. It might have been slightly easier to handle I guess.

Well, heck...if you want "immersion", why not get really "visceral" and sit with your nose touching the screen. I hear it's "epic".

/buzzwords

Thanks for inspiring me to make a new thread on the topic of "immersion" though, and how stupidly absurd I think it is as a buzzword.

breakfuss

Hope I'm not the only one looking forward to new Joe Hisaishi music.
I think I'm more excited about the soundtrack than the game, haha. I'm going in almost blind though.

HE DID THE MUSIC?!!?! DID NOT KNOW!!! Man, I've tried to avoid getting too excited, but this really will be like a walking, breathing Ghibli movie :)

Animekatt

Yippee! My card has been charged by Namdai. I paid for 2 day shipping, so I should get my WE hopefully on Thursday. My guide will be here later today(tonight, since it's UPS. They LOVE to come around 6-7pm...).

I'm glad that I haven't looked at any reviews, or hardly any videos of the game. Normally I don't really care if I spoiled myself, but with this game, I'd like to go in fresh.

codhand

Orbiting Cow, your concern trolling over the graphics is obnoxious, get a life.

You already knew it was sub720p from your posts on Beyond3d in the beginning of January. If you haven't moved past the resolution yet and the game is making you ill, maybe you should play something else. This game's value seems to extend just beyond the visuals for those that have played/are playing the full version. The demo sold me on that as well.

Damn. Busted.

Far too polite though.

Ricker

Just got back from Gamestop with the game...they have 25 Pre-orders for the game and missing 2 Steelcases...pretty nice numbers...my Steelcase is in perfect condition,not a scratch on it thankfully...now to install this 4 gig monster.

Andrew.

Banned
Got my copy. GS had ordered ten of them.

Fuck yeah!

The instruction manual is only 11 pages and it's in black and white.

Fuck no!

zroid

Banned
*sigh* Canada Post has failed me. Won't be getting this today, it seems. Tomorrow is a lock, though, unless something goes horribly awry.

The instruction manual is only 11 pages and it's in black and white.

Fuck no!

Wait are you fucking serious? So only the Wizards Edition gets a full-colour manual? WOW SCAMCO

WOW

Wunder

Hello! Not sure if the question has been answered, but I managed to pick this game up pretty early and dug in to the first couple hours - and I am having a blast. Quick question to those that have the game or know a lot about the battle mechanics: How can I tell what a magical attack is on a familiar? Anything that uses the elements? For example on my Mitey, is his 'Cut Loose' ability just a regular attack? Thanks!

Raven77

So I've been waiting for another jRPG since I played my first one (FFIX). I was pretty disappointed when I couldn't find an airship to fly around and explore/find hidden shit with in FFX. Unlike most people here, I love really involved cutscenes. But more than anything, I think it's the world map and popping out into a scaled version of the game's world that puts all of the stuff you've been doing in the game into this weird context that you can now see from a different view. I love the idea of finding some forest where there is a 1% chance that you'll find something really awesome. I don't mind grinding for stuff like that. I miss roaming around between those tiny model towns, man.

Is this game for me? It looks like it is.

Wow, its almost like I typed this. I too loved FF 9, probably the last JRP I really really enjoyed. I like fantasy settings (not techno-fantasy like FF 13). I also like it to be a bit lighthearted.

I want to explore, find hidden stuff, etc. etc.

Any other impressions on how this game might compare to something like FF 9, Chrono Cross, etc.

Wunder

Wow, its almost like I typed this. I too loved FF 9, probably the last JRP I really really enjoyed. I like fantasy settings (not techno-fantasy like FF 13). I also like it to be a bit lighthearted.

I want to explore, find hidden stuff, etc. etc.

Any other impressions on how this game might compare to something like FF 9, Chrono Cross, etc.

I'm only a couple hours in, but there have been a ton of little chests and bits and bobs in nooks and crannies. No amazing rewards so far, but still fun to find! I think I read on twitter that the game opens up and also ramps up in difficulty maybe 50% of the way through? Not sure.

Takuya

Banned
*sigh* Canada Post has failed me. Won't be getting this today, it seems. Tomorrow is a lock, though, unless something goes horribly awry.

Wait are you fucking serious? So only the Wizards Edition gets a full-colour manual? WOW SCAMCO

WOW

You pay more you get more right? Sounds about how it should work.

Griffy codes were mailed out to Amazon buyers last night and apparently Wal-Mart also has him but that is not confirmed, so yes, they are available. Flutterby is Best Buy only though with no reports of anyone getting it yet.

Never got an email with the code. but the game is out for delivery,my guide on the other hand is shipping soon.

Beren

Nothing on PSN =...............................(

F5 , F5, F5, F5

Lol i wish to know at what time this will be on PSN i have to go to work but i don't wanna miss 1 sec of download time D:

OSHAN

I waited on ordering the guide. Decided to bite this morning. Ships in 1-2 months now. Great.

Placed the order because normally Amazon lists worst case scenario for restock, but still.

Ricker

Another weird XMB thing...if you want to change language(like from French to English in my case) you have to uninstall the game and re install...strange,I will just leave it in English anyway but it's the first time i see that...

And yeah,the black and white manual sucks but what you gonna do ;) ...it still has a little bit of that fresh ink new game smell lol...

Another weird XMB thing...if you want to change language(like from French to English in my case) you have to uninstall the game and re install...strange,I will just leave it in English anyway but it's the first time i see that...

because audio files take a lot of space.

zroid

Banned
Also, the art inside the case is in color in the WE, not in the regular. I don't play the boxart or the manual, though.

I was aware, as they showed it off in the unboxing vid, and I wasn't happy about that either. But I don't really expect full color inserts so it was easier to swallow. Printing two different types of manuals is absolutely bullshit though.

Nothing on PSN =...............................(

F5 , F5, F5, F5

Lol i wish to know at what time this will be on PSN i have to go to work but i don't wanna miss 1 sec of download time D:
Earliest I'd say would be 1-2 PM PST (if you search for the game) so pretty much another 5-6 hours!

jwk94

dnxfaOM.jpg

Got it! I'm installing the game right now. Can't wait to start playing!

Doombear

Received an email from Amazon where the apologized for the delay in shipping my Prima Guide. I'll probably receive it tomorrow as its now "shipping soon". Crazy that they sold out of their initial shipment.

Still haven't received my Griffy DLC code from Amazon, though. Hopefully it will show up in the next 24 hours. But Namco finally charged me for my WE.

Got that same email here. It HAS shipped now though, so I am content.

Yes, the game has both English and Japanese voices included. I don't know about language subtitles everywhere, but certainly in Europe the game comes with English, German, French, Spanish and Italian subtitles.

Yay thanks. More developers must have this options when localizing a game.

Top Bottom