• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch |OT|

RPGCrazied

Yeah! Time to get lost in this game. :)

Was playing a little Okami while I waited, as its shown in the picture.

100_0726.jpg

Just picked it up with the strat guide, and i'm digging the collectable tin. Won't be able to play for a week..which makes me sad... But happy i got it none the less.

zroid

Banned
Man I don't know if it's just a result of the photography, but I'm not loving the look of that steelbook. Too much focus on Oliver when the real appeal of the art is in the backgrounds and the variety in character designs.

Well, at least I feel justified in not ordering from EB just for the bonus. Getting it for much cheaper elsewhere ($35).

is the guide worth it? i'm just asking because all i reaaaaaally want with the guide are the art and interview (and the many littered art all around the pages). worth it?

Man I don't know if it's just a result of the photography, but I'm not loving the look of that steelbook. Too much focus on Oliver when the real appeal of the art is in the backgrounds and the variety in character designs.

Well, at least I feel justified in not ordering from EB just for the bonus. Getting it for much cheaper elsewhere ($35).

Please let me in on your secret spot.

Cornbread78

Got it! I'm installing the game right now. Can't wait to start playing!

just had to 1-Up ya because of the book underneath, and the cool office rug design below that:

NiNoKunicover_zpsb650291b.png

Steel case is pretty slick lookin'!

and "Holy $hit" was my expression at the book cost. GS never told me it was $40. I'm tettering on returning the damn thing; I don't need the Gold Hurley Familiar....

just had to 1-Up ya because of the book underneath, and the cool office rug design below that:

and "Holy $hit" was my expression at the book cost. GS never told me it was $40. I'm tettering on returning the damn thing; I don't need the Gold Hurley Familiar....

they don't price match? lol stopping by best buy to price match with amazon.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment

I'm just curious but why don't you just get it from Amazon? Are there any special deals that you can get from Best Buy or Gamestop as opposed to Amazon or is it just because you get the guide right away as opposed to waiting a few days?

jwk94

Oh ho! I am so jealous right now. :\

The game's great so far. Phillip's a jerk though. I just hit the part where
Olliver's mom dies
. The graphics are amazing, it looks just like a Studio Ghibli movie.

Nope, GS doesn't price match. Hell, GS doesn't even match their online prices. I almost bought my book from GS but that $40 price tag was outrageous.

RPGCrazied

Oh man. Dat title screen music! Also, leave it there until it finishes, pretty cool trailer that plays after that. Is that new? never seen that one. It has spoilers in it, so don't watch if you don't want that. I guess.

Alright, going in!

wowzors

Typical Gamestop. Pre-order about week and a half ago. Ask if they are still doing the steelbook "of course man, just come pick it up on release day and we will have one for you."

Fast forward to today, "We don't have any steelbooks, we stopped taking pre-orders on them like December 1st."

Anything for a pre-sale. Never again will I purchase from Gamestop. 64.19 for a game, I could have got it for 59.99 with 2 DLC's and release date delivery to my door from Amazon. Lesson learned for the last time.

Animekatt

Nice pictures! I'm dying to play it, but I'm waiting *patiently* for my WE to arrive. In the meantime, I will platinum Uncharted:GA.

jwk94

Typical Gamestop. Pre-order about week and a half ago. Ask if they are still doing the steelbook "of course man, just come pick it up on release day and we will have one for you."

Fast forward to today, "We don't have any steelbooks, we stopped taking pre-orders on them like December 1st."

Anything for a pre-sale. Never again will I purchase from Gamestop. 64.19 for a game, I could have got it for 59.99 with 2 DLC's and release date delivery to my door from Amazon. Lesson learned for the last time.

Yeah, I'm done dealing with GS until Sly 4 and The Last of Us come out.

Z3M0G

Reading the game manual... combat controls:

Circle - Jump
Triangle - All-Out Attack
Square - All-Out Defense

Knowing about that during the demo would have been nice for many people... you can probably do most standard battles without ever scrolling left/right for the actions.

PolishQ

Circle - Jump
Square - All-Out Defense

Knowing about that during the demo would have been nice for many people... you can probably do most standard battles without ever scrolling left/right for the actions.

Pretty sure a reviewer was complaining that it was a pain to get the whole party to defend. Guess he didn't know about these controls!

Akkad

Banned
So one of the Best Buy close to me is closing and they have most things at 30% off, wondering if this game will be discounted? It's 2 degrees out, lol. Should I even bother going?

Z3M0G

I don't think I was aware that you could simply press Up/Down on D-Pad to switch between humans / familiars. Will need to try that in action to know exactly what it means though...

5 more hours till I can play!! D:

Boss Man

Yes, the game has both English and Japanese voices included. I don't know about language subtitles everywhere, but certainly in Europe the game comes with English, German, French, Spanish and Italian subtitles.
Is it possible to play the game with Japanese voices but with English menus?

yesh. it's only the audio that changes.
Mannnn, I need my pay check. Everything about this game seems great.

jwk94

your setup is so nice ><

LOL, so the next big release you'll stop by and grab what you need, lol. It's like an abused spouse syndrome...
Nah, i'm not buying it from them, i'm getting it from PSN. My GameStop I always go to closed this past weekend and they were giving out 20% off coupons for mostly everything in the store. So i'm going to go home this weekend and pick up some PSN cards to get a discount on Sly when it drops in two weeks.

Cornbread78

So one of the Best Buy close to me is closing and they have most things at 30% off, wondering if this game will be discounted? It's 2 degrees out, lol. Should I even bother going?

They are most likely no longer receiving shipments of new products, they will be however, receiving clearance items from other district stores trying to capitalize on the fire sales that happen when stores close and items are discounted.

Nah, i'm not buying it from them, i'm getting it from PSN. My GameStop I always go to closed this past weekend and they were giving out 20% off coupons for mostly everything in the store. So i'm going to go home this weekend and pick up some PSN cards to get a discount on Sly when it drops in two weeks.

Very nice, I hate my "local" GS because they are a bunch of MS fanboys that crap on PS3 to everyone, so I always go to the store near office. This is the first time they have crossed me up though.... I'll give them another chance for redemption....

Aeana

Circle - Jump
Square - All-Out Defense

I could have sworn that you can get those controls to show on the screen in battle somehow. I know I've seen it there before.

Necrovex

I'm excited to pick up my copy at Gamestop later today. Though, I am probably going to hold off playing Ni No Kuni until I complete Battlestar Galatica.

Should be getting mine from Gamefly tomorrow or Thursday. My week keeps getting more and more stressful, so I'm looking forward to wrapping it up with some comfort gaming :p

jwk94

Very nice, I hate my "local" GS because they are a bunch of MS fanboys that crap on PS3 to everyone, so I always go to the store near office. This is the first time they have crossed me up though.... I'll give them another chance for redemption....

Yeah, those guys were practically my family. I'm sad to see them go =/.

Oh lord, I just beat down a poor animal with Oliver's stick. I kinda feel bad.

Top Bottom