• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 1 (reboot) |OT| Itagaki's Masterpiece

A thread to discuss the various versions of Ninja Gaiden 1!

Here's a basic FAQ to start. It will get updated with info people provide and things I research on my own. I'll try to break down the inevitable wordiness that happens when I write off the top of my head...sorry bout that

Also, here's a much more in-depth resource:
http://iberiansngrealm.com/index.html

Why does this thread exist?

because NG3 was so bad that it made people go back and play the other games instead, leading to the NG2 and NG3 threads getting filled up with NG1 discussion, since it doesn't have an OT.​

NG3 is that bad?

No amount of cupcakes can help NG3. Please do not send Team Ninja cupcakes.

What are my options to play NG1?

• Ninja Gaiden vanilla - Xbox 1/360 BC
  • Ninja Gaiden Black - Xbox 1/360 BC (available on XBL)
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma - PS3
  • Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus - Vita

Side Note: Ninja Gaiden vanilla with Hurricane Pack DLC installed is its own version too, but the only way to access it now is probably through a torrent and you would need a modded Xbox 1 to play it. Maybe a modded 360 could run it too, but I'm not up to speed on the 360 mod scene.​

Isn't Black just Vanilla packed with the hurricane packs on disc?

Nope. That was the original plan, but they turned it into a "Super" version of the game instead.​

ATTN game preservationists, if you exist: The Hurricane Packs are either extinct or endangered after Xbox 1 Live went down...here's a call for anyone that has it to torrent it or preserve it somehow. A quick search on public and a couple private torrent sites yields nothing.

UPDATE: Apparently it's out there, but Xbox 1 save protection may prevent you from playing it as you needed to log on to XBL1 to start it up. You can only restart offline from the first save point. Apparently, even the best free dlc to ever grace this earth™ has its downsides.

Most of the additions did make it into Black, but not all...it's truly its own version. It's different enough to warrant preservation.
Of course, if you install them, they overwrite NG vanilla.

What's the best version?

People generally like Black or Sigma. Sigma Plus is clearly inferior in many different ways. I personally think Black is the more solid game, despite some things being worse (puzzles, namely.) Some people like the streamlined puzzles and other parts in Sigma 1, along with the Rachel chapters+missions.​

How's the 360 BC?

Pretty much perfect as much as I've played. Admittedly haven't done a major run through of all difficulties in Black or Vanilla on the 360 yet...would suck if there were frame drops on Master Ninja mode or something. The 360 BC testers probably did not go through both games in their entirety...

Ninja Gaiden Black has some annoying "install section" when you boot it up for the first time. Some words that I guess are the "backstory" roll on screen for a couple minutes. It does this once when you first boot the game but not on subsequent boots. But it occasionally has to do the long load again, if you go a long time without playing and play other stuff in between. Not sure how this works exactly...stored in a cache on the HDD?

CG cutscenes/TN intro are weird and choppy, but it doesn't affect gameplay [Update: apparently not the case on the disc version]​

WARNING!!! SAVES ARE NOT TRANSFERABLE AND REMOVING YOUR 360 HDD WILL CORRUPT YOUR SAVE. You read that correctly.

What are the differences between the versions?

way more than I'm typing out tonight!

Here are some major differences for now:
  • --Vanilla - no master ninja difficulty, no lunar staff, less enemy types, different scoring system. Super NES versions of NG1+2+3 unlockable (I don't know if they're playable on 360)
  • --Black - adds the lunar staff, more enemy types + boss fights with fiend ryu, Alma variants Ishtaros and Nicchae, mission mode, master ninja difficulty, different limits on potions (? pretty sure, haven't vanilla in forever.) Arcade Ninja Gaiden unlockable (not sure if playable on 360)
  • --Sigma - everything from Black + Rachel missions, streamlined puzzles, in-action mini menu, some new missions for Ryu and Rachel, DLC missions for Ryu and Rachel. Slightly easier, some different stagger/guard crush mechanics. Extra loading everywhere, screen tearing.
  • --Sigma Plus - game breaking items, lol 30fps, motion control bow controls/tap to auto-aim, new costumes for Ryu and Rachel, new missions, no leaderboards. Still a good game, but worse than the others. Portability is nice and you do have the option to not use the game breaking stuff. A little slower on the controls at first, but might just make you a believer in "feels like 60fps"

Ok, what's the first thing I should do when I boot up a version of this game?

PlvzC.png

This is the correct way to play "hardcore" style in this game. This is a score attack game and there's a finite amount of points you can get on a playthrough, exploits notwithstanding. Of course, surviving Very Hard and Master Ninja is commendable. Surviving with a high score on those modes? Godlike.​

Made it an image because it's a pretty overlooked aspect of the game, yet it adds so much to the experience. You have end of mission scores to show how well you did, but the game scores you during and after each fight, based on:​
  • --the time it takes for you to kill all the enemies
  • --combo hits (not significant...the game is about speed, not combos)
  • --how many UTs you do before the timer runs out (score instantly added to your total karma as you do them.)
  • --a small boost for each enemy killed
  • --Beat the fight before the time runs out and get 10,000 extra karma (points.) If not, you collect all other bonuses still.
You could just pat yourself on the back for surviving, which is fine, but if you wanna get to the heart of the combat system, challenge yourself with the fight timers. P.S. the score doesn't get tallied until an enemy is fully dissolved...which will infuriate you many, many times and it never gets less annoying.

Unfortunately, there are no leaderboards for Vanilla, Black, or Sigma Plus and the ones for Sigma might some bunk scores. If this thread survives long enough and people are involved, we could get a GAF leaderboard going.​

Want to play a survival based NG game? Play NG2, it's a blast and a completely different take on 3D Ninja Gaiden. The missions in NG2 are score attacks though, with a completely different finite scoring system.​

How do I play?

The combat doesn't have the sheer amount of stuff you can do in DMC3. It's all about speed, finesse, and timing. There aren't many hidden tricks to take advantage of. Moves are simple to do, combos are just mixtures of the two attack buttons + a single directional input on the analog to modify some attacks. Really, anyone can learn all the moves without breaking their hands.

Update- aaxe's awesome combat FAQ: Forgot about this when I made the thread! You can read what I wrote below about combat for good beginner's tips, but this is the go-to in depth guide for the game's combat and with correct terminology, which I am not up to snuff on:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox/928401-ninja-gaiden-black/faqs/39056

Some stuff to get you started
  • Essence Attacks/Ultimate Techniques - a raw ultimate technique involves charging with the Strong Attack button. The first burst is for a "level 1" UT worth 2000 and doing less damage. The second burst is a fully charged UT, which generally include more hits and damage, plus 5000 karma bonus and more yellow essence from dead enemies. It is not super useful on its own, except on the slow zombie enemies, who are damage sponges that attack super slow, making it easy to set up raw UTs. You'll also occasionally get into situations in other fights where you could have enough time to charge it, but this is subjective per fight situation.
  • BUT- yellow and blue orbs from dead enemies get absorbed by the charge and insta-charge it giving you....--->
  • Instant Ultimate Techniques - if you hit Strong Attack as soon as you land from a jump, Ryu skips the animation where he pulls back his weapons to begin charging and instantly absorbs floating orbs, so you can unleash it right away. This makes it the single most useful move in the game if you're going for those fight timer bonuses. If you're done leveling weapons/spending money, you can do this forever. Otherwise, it's a waste of money to absorb the yellow essence that comes from a guy you killed with a fully charged UT-- it's the max essence you can get from a single enemy, but when absorbed, still only gives you a level 1 UT and you waste the money. In some situations, you may not care and just do it to survive. Pay attention to the orbs on screen at all times. If the fight is going well and you have room to breathe, collect the money, use it for UTs, whatever. If it's tense, consider a instant UT. Blue orbs are a little more tricky-- do you want a quick health boost? do you trust your skills to survive and use up the instant level 2 UT for points + more money? These are the kinds of on-the-fly decisions that add to the combat system.

• Little known fact: If you kill an enemy during a UT animation and Ryu still has hits to unleash, you can point the analog towards an enemy next to you and he'll finish the attack on them instead, if they're in range (has to be pretty much right next to you.) If you don't, they might get sucked into the attack or they might get hit by wider swings in the animation but fall out of it and escape.
  • Be careful, you can get hit out of the charging animation. But once you let go of the button, Ryu can't be hit from the "dash" animation or the attack animation if you connect. If you whiff, squeeze the block button and roll. About that...

• Squeeze the block button and roll - It's the only way to survive. The roll has invincible frames that you'll have to take advantage of in crazier fights. Those frames are short, though, and you'll always have some vulnerability between rolls, so you can't abuse it forever. Roll + light attack is a pretty sound tactic and you can always roll right back out of the attack if you whiff or get blocked or want to reposition yourself.
  • Blocking comes with some nuance too. Heavier enemy attacks can stagger you-- there's a light stagger you can roll out of, then there's a critical stagger where you're just wide open. Some boss attacks and heavy enemy attacks beat blocks altogether. You have to get to know enemy attacks to see this coming. Also, throws. Just like fighting games, throws beat block. Unlike fighting games, you're gonna eat that throw with no chance to "tech" out of it. They do lots of damage, they mind fuck you by breaking up the flow of combat, and they are supremely annoying.
  • Huge caveat - the game isn't about mastering moves, it's about mastering enemies! And there are tons of them. And they change on each difficulty. A proper guide would break down what to use on who for the optimal kill speed, but it would be a novel's length. The fun is figuring it all out. There's surprisingly little bullshit for such a difficult game!
  • Stupid incendiary shurikens... - get into some invincible frames via ut or izuna drop or something. Those iframes are never too far out of your grasp to negate incendiary shuriken damage.
  • About the izuna drop - it's tempting to do it every single time. Kills the enemy, painful splash damage on other enemies, free invincible frames and no vulnerability afterwards. BUT it's a long animation and will toll down those precious seconds on the fight timer. You'll jump away and possibly spread the enemies out, making it tough to group them up again. The X,X,X,X (xbox version...4 normal attacks) air combo ends with a quick downward slash that usually kills, puts you right on the ground, and free to move again for another set up. Or do 3 slashes, shurikens to get a hard knockdown on the enemy, but an opportunity for an instant UT at the end.
  • General tips - timing is everything. Shurikens can delay your landing speed from a jump, shurikens can interrupt enemy attacks you wouldn't otherwise have time to beat with a normal attack, rolls can cancel or virtually cancel many shorter a, you can stun enemies by pressing the jump button right over their head for better positioning...there are a lot of little things you can do for the edge. Wish I could break down the nuances better off the top of my head, but I play it by feel. So much of the game is situational. If you're constantly losing on a fight, thing about what options you aren't taking advantage of. You probably aren't head stomping those black spider ninjas/cat fiends enough.

All in all, keep your eye on that fight timer. Keep practicing until you are hitting those time bonuses consistently...if you are, congrats, you're playing the game correctly.

Best way to practice combat?

Use a guide to find the fiend challenges. You'll know you've found one when the fight timer is several hundred seconds long. These will tune your skills nicely and you get a good reward at the end like an extra ninpo charge or extended life bar items.

The camera blows

get used to using the recenter button often and it minimizes the problem. Think of it as another button in combat...sounds terrible on paper, but not that bad when you get used to it. Occasionally, you will just have to feel out a situation without being able to see properly.

About the adventure aspects...

The game is on a somewhat open world format and involves a little bit of exploration and resident evil style "get the crank to open the door" fetching.

There are 50 golden scarabs throughout the game. You want to get these for new weapons, moves, items, etc. Many things can only be gotten through turning in scarabs to Muramasa.
The rewards change with each difficulty. These aren't a big pain in the ass to get and only a few are missable (notably, in the airship chapter.) Use a guide for them.

Scarab Location guide (for every version/every difficulty, this hasn't changed at all from NG1 vanilla): http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox/561532-ninja-gaiden/faqs/29138

The platforming really sucks. How do I get better at that?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Dunno, it's the game's big flaw. Ryu was clearly built for combat movement first...​

I beat the game! I'm awoesoam.

Not until you beat master ninja. The game is remixed on each difficulty...keep going. The missions too, don't brush those off.​

Hey, sweet!

I haven't actually played NG3 yet. The hype leading up to release put me in the mood for some hot ninja action, but the word of mouth was so bad that I didn't pick it up. So I we left with a void.

I own NG2, but beat the hell out of it (yes, master ninja and all the missions), so I couldn't muster the enthusiasm for that.

Xbox Live to the rescue! I downloaded Ninja Gaiden Black, and it's been one of the best expenditures of $15 on the service that I can remember.

First of all, it holds up insanely well. Best comparison I can think of is the Dolphin emulator thread for the Wii. The same way that hi-res display makes all the details of those Wii games pop, the up-res to 720p and 16:9 makes this game pop like it never has.

Gameplay is as good as I remember, even if all the 'extra' stuff like puzzles and platforming had been forgotten. Those sections are boring and unfun, but relatively few and far between, so they don't hurt the overall impression. The combat is so damn good, the weapons all feel distinctive and important (ok, except the second kitana, which is just showy), and the bosses are satisfyingly brutal.

EDIT:

--Instant Ultimate Techniques - if you hit Strong Attack as soon as you land, Ryu skips the animation where he pulls back his weapons to begin charging and instantly absorbs floating orbs, so you can unleash it right away. This makes it the single most useful move in the game if you're going for those fight timer bonuses.

WAAAAAAAAAAH? Elaborate. What do you mean 'as soon as you land'?

Too bad you have to make your way through on normal to unlock the 'real' difficulties and the missions (which IMO are the most fun of the game), but hey, it's a good warm up.

tl;dr PLAY THIS GAME

Veelk

Banned
I still think it'd have been better to make a general Ninja Gaiden thread. We basically have 3 NG threads active now. This one for NG1, NG2 for the people playing that, and NG3 to bitch about.

Tizoc

Hmm I didn't like NGS1 on PS3 when I had it, and traded it off.
Might give it another chance this time and approach playing it in a proper manner, if I find a used copy.

Dwayne

Shame about the hurricane packs :/ Maybe if someone has them installed they can be extracted and hacked..

Persona7

Banned
I have the hurricane packs on my Xbox with XBMC installed BUT I think the power source went out as it won't boot up at all. I can't just swap hard drives out right?

pa22word

I have the Hurricane Packs on my 360 HDD, but they aren't playable without accessing XBL first. I suppose I could move them over to a USB stick and upload a torrent of them if it's possible, but it seems pretty worthless all things considered unless someone figures out a way to bypass the server check.

USD

Once I knew about the Original XBL situation, I made sure to have the Hurricane Packs preserved, on both Xbox and 360. The only way to do so is (was) to play until the first save point. After that, the rest of the campaign can be played offline, just don't save over the original file.

Persona7

Banned
Once I knew about the Original XBL situation, I made sure to have the Hurricane Packs preserved, on both Xbox and 360. The only way to do so is (was) to play until the first save point. After that, the rest of the campaign can be played offline, just don't save over the original file.

I wonder if someone can modify a save file to get through whatever blocks it.

I still think it'd have been better to make a general Ninja Gaiden thread. We basically have 3 NG threads active now. This one for NG1, NG2 for the people playing that, and NG3 to bitch about.

Just like any game with sequels...this is just a special emergency situation on account of NG3.

so what is the game breaking item in the Vita version?

"Enhancements" which stack offense/defense upgrades with armlets. Probably stackable with the bonuses that come with costumes too. I got an "offense greatly increased" item, put on the offense increasing armlet and everything died in a hit or two. bosses in a few hits.

I have the Hurricane Packs on my 360 HDD, but they aren't playable without accessing XBL first. I suppose I could move them over to a USB stick and upload a torrent of them if it's possible, but it seems pretty worthless all things considered unless someone figures out a way to bypass the server check.

I didn't even think about that...you'd need a gamesave at the first save point too to play. It could probably be made easily, but then again, the game saves have copy protection and I'm not sure if that is easy to crack.

SHAZOOM

Playing through Disc version of Black on 360.

Learning that using my essence to upgrade my weapons can effect my mission rating. That's good to know, so now I know to farm a bit of essence.

The cat fiends have a tell when they're going to do that spinning neck throw right? It's when they get into a sitting stance ready to pounce, correct? no real issues fighting them. If anything they're not nearly as annoying as IS ninja, or those Red Fire ninjas from the missions.

Cyber Tyron troops/cat fiends are immune to normal shurikens. Have no idea where the windmill shuriken is in Hard.

Fiend Ryu is sort of a war of attrition, though I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong.

pa22word

Bad news guys, apparently you can't move anything related classic Xbox games. To extract the data I'd have to take apart my HDD, connect it to my rig, and then pull the files.

Not worth the effort for something that may not even lead to anything tbqh. Maybe down the line when (if ever) I get a new HDD for this thing I may do it, but right now it's just seemingly too big a hassle.

Veelk

Banned
Just like any game with sequels...this is just a special emergency situation on account of NG3.

Well, not really. They're still 'active' in the sense that they are not locked, but I wouldn't say that the gears 1 and 2 threads are active just because of that. If someone had recently replayed Gears 1 or 2, they wouldn't make a post in there either, they'd make a LTTP thread, which is the norm for playing old games. You know, now that I think about it, why didn't people do that?.... Anyway, I just think it'd be more efficient to make an NG thread that encompasses all the games so that we all have one place to talk rather than 3 seperate ones. The problem with the NG3 thread is that it became somewhat of a misnomer. I didn't see any issue with people talking about 3 games of the same series. I mean, you don't see the DMC HD thread getting messy just because they have 3 games to talk about at once.

Apeopleman

I dont understand how just because people didn't like NG3, it made them want to play older NGs.

Sounds kind of spiteful and bitter, and yes, I'm one who thinks NG3 is a decent game.

I really liked Sigma 1 and 2 also.

WAAAAAAAAAAH? Elaborate. What do you mean 'as soon as you land'?

Right when your feet hit the ground from a jump, reverse wind jump, or if you start a juggle but don't finish with an izuna drop, or throw shurikens/projectiles in the air and land. Maybe some other landing situations too? I'll have to check on that.

Too bad you have to make your way through on normal to unlock the 'real' difficulties and the missions (which IMO are the most fun of the game), but hey, it's a good warm up.

yeah, super annoying! Been through normal so many times...i must hold some record.

tl;dr PLAY THIS GAME

yup, whether you've played it before or not. it'll hold up forever.

I dont understand how just because people didn't like NG3, it made them want to play older NGs.

Sounds kind of spiteful and bitter, and yes, I'm one who thinks NG3 is a decent game.

guilty as charged. It has some merits, but not the kinds of things a hardcore player wanted out of a NG game.

It's also a tongue-in-cheek joke.

edit: time for bed...

Veelk

Banned

I don't think it's necessarily that NG3 was a bad game, the same way superman 64 was a bad game. It just has no reason to exist.

NG3 is completely inferior to NG1 and 2. And by completely, I mean that I find it hard to think of a single aspect in that game that the other games didn't do better. It's not just the combat that's worse, so is the story and art and graphics and music and everything. There is nothing this game does better.

I don't begrudge you if you thought NG3 was okay. But there is literally no reason to play it so long as NG1 and 2 exist.

Well, not really. They're still 'active' in the sense that they are not locked, but I wouldn't say that the gears 1 and 2 threads are active just because of that. If someone had recently replayed Gears 1 or 2, they wouldn't make a post in there either, they'd make a LTTP thread, which is the norm for playing old games. You know, now that I think about it, why didn't people do that?.... Anyway, I just think it'd be more efficient to make an NG thread that encompasses all the games so that we all have one place to talk rather than 3 seperate ones. The problem with the NG3 thread is that it became somewhat of a misnomer. I didn't see any issue with people talking about 3 games of the same series. I mean, you don't see the DMC HD thread getting messy just because they have 3 games to talk about at once.

points taken, but i'll let the mods decide.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Good thread. Got fed up with Sigmas annoying level loads/save times and picked up a copy of black on ebay last week. 5 and a half hours to finish my first run through normal and now I'm about halfway through hard. 2 definitely has a better combat system, but black is just a polished, timeless game.

Binging on ngb/2 over the last few weeks has definitely helped with the trauma inflicted by 3. :(

I don't really see how it's different than say, a Halo fan being disappointed with the changes to Halo: Reach and opting to continue playing Halo 3 online instead of switching over.

That fan still wants his Halo, he just doesn't want the latest iteration. Likewise, we all love Ninja Gaiden, NG3 just isnt what we're looking for.

I'll probably pick up NG3 once it drops in price.

SHAZOOM

Honestly, I'm waiting for a price drop for NG3. And I never played through the higher difficulties in NG vanilla/Sigma.

USD

I know that at least on the original Xbox, if you had a clear save for Hurricane Pack 1, it would unlock Very Hard from the start in Ninja Gaiden Black. I'm not sure whether that works on 360 though, or if you can even have a proper clear file with the original XBL down.

I know that at least on the original Xbox, if you had a clear save for Hurricane Pack 1, it would unlock Very Hard from the start in Ninja Gaiden Black. I'm not sure whether that works on 360 though, or if you can even have a proper clear file with the original XBL down.

Hmmm... well I have a save file with the Hurricane packs cleared on my original Xbox, but no idea how to get that off my Xbox and onto my Xbox 360... or even if the Xbox Originals version of the game would read the original Xbox save.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Subscribed.

Currently in the middle of a NGS hard replay. (on chapter 13) but haven't been able to play it for a while, as I got distracted by my replay of Fallout.>:

Peff

I didn't even think about that...you'd need a gamesave at the first save point too to play. It could probably be made easily, but then again, the game saves have copy protection and I'm not sure if that is easy to crack.

Oh, it gets better. If you so much as remove the 360 HDD, NG's save data will become corrupt, so in a few years it may become unplayable on a 360 at all.

Feel free to toss out ideas for sections to add, corrections, etc.

going to bed for real now, blech

Oh, it gets better. If you so much as remove the 360 HDD, NG's save data will become corrupt, so in a few years it may become unplayable on a 360 at all.

wow, fuck everything about that. Might have to find a modded xbox with the files on it and find a solid way to preserve it myself. Should be good fun!

Pookmunki

Great thread, been hankering for a playthrough of Black for some time. Sigma titles seem too padded out while NG/NGB are just right as they are.

Still gutted they removed the bat farming in NGB though, was incredibly useful.

No advice?!

I don't think that would work because of the save protection. Maybe the power supply could be fixed by a local modder (some of these guys are knowledgeable engineers who do this sort of thing for money, others are kids who only know how to do the mods.)

Marco1

I have this on my 360 and love it.
It looks and runs so well considering its from a console that had a nvidea gpu.
I didn't know that swapping the HDD corrupts my save but that doesn't put me off one iota.
I recommend it to anyone even remotely interested.

Yeah, I found this out the hard way when I went back to NGB last week. Screw rererereunlocking everything.

a.wd

NG3 is like Spiderman 3, so shit it goes back in time and makes the entire series shit, so this is a good idea to revisit the original, one of the best games of all time and remind ourselves of why this series is so good.

BTW I have the OG (Crystal) Xbox and NG with I think the hurricane packs, what are the odds I will be able to play it? I want some advice as it is under a shedload of stuff in the understairs cupboard, and I would reallty rather not move a fridge today.

Lumine

I have to admit, I've only played vanilla. Despite loving it I never bought Black. I remember reading that vanilla was supposed to get an update that turned it into black, but that never happened. I've been having an itch recently to play through the game again though. I'm thinking of hunting down Sigma, but I remember reading complaints that it was a lazy remake and possibly inferior to black? Is this true? I can't really tell from the OP. I hope I can still find it somewhere actually, I waited a bit too long probably.

Endo Punk

I don't know about you guys but Im REALLY happy that NG and DOA are behind him now. His far too talented to just do DOA, NG4, DOA Code Cronus, DOAXBV3. Though I still wanted him to do the latter but Im glad he has his own company and will make exciting new titles.

Devil's Third is going to be fucking bad to the bone! Yeah it's 30FPS but if there is any dev that can make me believe in the feel of 60FPS it's Itagaki.

I have to admit, I've only played vanilla. Despite loving it I never bought Black. I remember reading that vanilla was supposed to get an update that turned it into black, but that never happened. I've been having an itch recently to play through the game again though. I'm thinking of hunting down Sigma, but I remember reading complaints that it was a lazy remake and possibly inferior to black? Is this true? I can't really tell from the OP. I hope I can still find it somewhere actually, I waited a bit too long probably.

Buy it from the Xbox Live Market. It's so good. If spend around 129 hrs the last 3-4 month with it.

jono51

Banned
I do know of a place to get the hurricane packs. Actually, the site has (nearly?) all the Xbox1 DLC up for download. You'd need a soft-modded xbox though. I originally intended to use it to get all the DLC for my games now Live is gone, but never got around to trying them myself. People seem to be happy with them/have success with them though. I can put up a link, since it should be legal and all since you can't get the content any other way now, right?

Really enjoyable game. Especially Black. Fuck Sigma, but play it if it's your only way to experience this game. Sigma "Plus" (really, Sigma Minus) of Vita? lol no.

Jigsaw

Banned
i prefer sigma for mid-air bow shooting and in-action item usage,both things that greatly improve the flow of the game

so what is the game breaking item in the Vita version?

It isnt game breaking at all. The items that boost your attack also weaken your defense, and the negative effects also stack. On the higher difficulties you take so much damage that it forces you to fight so carefully. The game is still really good on the Vita and having NG on the go is so awesome.

Serious question.

I have some ms points and want to download black or jade empire on xbox360.

Which one should i get?(as in which is better with 360 controller, any glitch etc)

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
easily one of the best action games i've ever played. there is something so pleasantly fluid but weighty about the way ryu attacks. killing an enemy really felt awesome, too--there was a real sense of heaviness to each of them, like you could really feel the impact of the sword, and of your body when you landed after a jump slash. this is in contrast to DMC (which i also enjoy) which, at least from my completely subjective and therefore totally questionable experience, feels a bit insubstantial and in some sense gratuitous with its enemy death.

even thinking about this makes me want to replay NG so bad.

Top Bottom