• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's dge |OT| I guess that's what it means to be a ninja

I just want a standalone Ayane game. She was honestly the best thing to come out of NGS2. Her incredibly short range made her play much different than Ryu and I thought it was awesome.

Effect

Kasumi should also have different outfits as well for those feeling she's to covered up. The Momiji trailer showed her in different outfits.

I'm assuming that Momiji and Kasumi are playable in like Ninja Trials / co-op Ninja Trials. Not actually new single player chapters or something.

they are busy with Sigmas but I really hope the give these characters levels

or at least let you play single player with them

Today's Nintendo Direct is now on YouTube. The Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge part is at 13:20. Unfortunately, I was right, and there was no mention of a release day for the patch, nor any mention of whether Momiji and Kasumi would be released at the same time or not. Heh.

I did get some more shots of Kasumi, though:

CrD71.jpg

o1qtA.jpg

I'm hoping some footage of her gets released soon.

Giolon

Why not just create a whole game with these female ninjas at this point.

Dead or Alive?

I think it's great. Kasumi's makeover in DOA5 was outstanding and ever since her NG-style costume was revealed as an alternate costume, I hoped I'd get to play her in an NG game someday. Whelp, time to get a Wii U.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Are the DLC characters playable in all story missions like Ayane?

The Momiji trailers shows her in levels throughout the main campaign, so I'd guess yes.

I think you play them in Chapter Challenge mode, to avoid continuity issues lol.

Also, generally I just realized:

NG3:RE is weird in that it's the opposite of a Sigma game (in many ways). The Sigma games reduced some element of their source material and made them worse depending on your perspective. Razor's Edge elevates its source material and makes it much better, though not as good as the source material for the Sigma games.

Essentially, it's like there's a single unalterable level of Hayashiness. You may not raise it or lower it. It will always be the same.

Skilletor

I think you play them in Chapter Challenge mode, to avoid continuity issues lol.

Also, generally I just realized:

NG3:RE is weird in that it's the opposite of a Sigma game (in many ways). The Sigma games reduced some element of their source material and made them worse depending on your perspective. Razor's Edge elevates its source material and makes it much better, though not as good as the source material for the Sigma games.

Essentially, it's like there's a single unalterable level of Hayashiness. You may not raise it or lower it. It will always be the same.

Razor'd Edge gives me hope for an NG4. Playing through the day 4 was awesome. THe boss is also really great. If the game continues this quality for the rest of the game, I'll be really happy.

My only complaint at this point is the performance, which is always going to be YMMV. It's bad, but I'm dealing with it because the game is fun. I'm pretty impressed at the turn around.

You already ready can. When you finish the game and do chapter challenge it gives you the option of who to pick.

Oh really? :D :D :D :D :D HAPPY!

Some of Ayane's Obliteration moves are so stylish. I love the one where she puts an IS on you and then kicks you away. lol

Robot Pants

So now that this game has been out for a bit, can anyone tell me if you can no longer do the slide > Steel on Bone?
I've been watching videos and have yet to see someone do that technique. Granted, it took me until my second playthrough to figure out it could be done.

Kai Dracon

Razor'd Edge gives me hope for an NG4. Playing through the day 4 was awesome. THe boss is also really great. If the game continues this quality for the rest of the game, I'll be really happy.

In my own opinion, DoA5 proved that Team Ninja can still do hot work post Itagaki. Hayashi seems to have truly been whipped by the public reaction to vanilla NG3.

All NG4 needs, compared to what we see here in RE, is to begin development with a better design in mind from the start and improve the overall stage designs. Though I feel half of NG3's stages are not in fact bad. The insane raid of the naval fleet aka One Ninja Vs the Navy was fantastic even in vanilla NG3.

Kasumi! Fuck yeah. Make the last DLC playable character as Hayate and I'll be MORE than satisfied.

Still, Momiji is the hottest of all the three females.

ultim8p00

Banned
Dead or Alive?

I think it's great. Kasumi's makeover in DOA5 was outstanding and ever since her NG-style costume was revealed as an alternate costume, I hoped I'd get to play her in an NG game someday. Whelp, time to get a Wii U.

Wait for Sigma 3 release in may, trust me on this.

Skilletor

In my own opinion, DoA5 proved that Team Ninja can still do hot work post Itagaki. Hayashi seems to have truly been whipped by the public reaction to vanilla NG3.

All NG4 needs, compared to what we see here in RE, is to begin development with a better design in mind from the start and improve the overall stage designs. Though I feel half of NG3's stages are not in fact bad. The insane raid of the naval fleet aka One Ninja Vs the Navy was fantastic even in vanilla NG3.

I definitely agree. I don't buy into the "Ninja Dog" thing. I'm looking forward to unlocking more weapons.

This game is good. I didn't think I'd like it after vanilla NG3, but color me surprised.

.la1n

I understand this isn't popular opinion here but seeing what the team was able to do with DoA5 and recent comments from the team / Hayashi I do have faith that the next full Ninja Gaiden will take it back to it's roots / ignore the western appeal they were going for. I might be wrong but I'm saving this post just in case ;)

Yeah the changes they made really helped the game there are still a few things I would like to see. Bring back a weapon like the DDB, or the Dihabilaro, add more enemy variety, more exploration and back tracking, and add itms to equip like armlets or helmets.

Kai Dracon

I'd like to maybe see a return to the interlaced world of Ninja Gaiden. Not open world exactly. Though allow some exploration and returning to completed areas to look for stuff like tests of valor locations.

We've had two linear stage-centric games in a row. Break it up before it becomes monotonous.

It's more than a bit retarded that they've used Ayane, Momiji, Rachel, and now Kasumi...yet they still won't go with Hayate, considering him and Ryu are best bros and all. You'd think if something serious went down he'd be there shooting lightning bolts at dudes without a second thought.

My brother's been raging about this for years.

Get it for Wii U

Kasumi DLC comes out just before the big rush of delayed AAA games (PS360) so you might not care by the time May comes around

We need to expand the online community

:p

I just wish there was an online community. Every time I have searched for people to play the ninja trials with there hasnt been a single person on. My NNID is yankeeh8er if people are looking to do some trials.

Letep

I'm pretty close to picking this up.

I've been wanting to grab a Wii U port game, and I think this is the one.

Can anyone tell me how the 8 player multi is?

Hiltz

Is Rachel even in NG3 ? I kind of want to get into Ninja Gaiden series, but the games look like it may be too tough for me even on normal setting. Probably will consider waiting for NG4 or get NG3 after a price drop.

I haven't been able to play for a couple days due to other distractions but the half of day 4 that I played was really fun (the chimeras are awesome, I just wish that I could pefect the timing on countering their charge attacks) and made me forget how much I hated day 3.

One thing that been bugging me, and it's more of a personal issue, is that I don't like the german shepherd enemies that keep popping up thought the game. Something about killing them feels wrong and they make that horrible wimpering sound every time :(

rvy

Banned
Hayashit is a man obsessed. Every fucking game he directs. Make a spin-off with the girls, FFS.

wsippel

Banned
Hayashit is a man obsessed. Every fucking game he directs. Make a spin-off with the girls, FFS.
What's funny is that that game might actually end up being good, if only because people tend to put more effort into things they want to do.

say what you want about itakagis sexual harrasment suits, its hayashi that comes across most creepy of the two.

Im almost certain the only reason rachel is not included is because she is being saved for a sigma release.

MCD

I see no problem with that.

It's a problem when it's halfassed.

One chapter only, one weapon, one ninpo, breaking the game's rhythm....

Note: I am talking about NGS2 because I don't have a Wii U so I can't comment on this release.

rvy

Banned
Them chicks aren't even fun to play as. The first PS3 game would have benefited a lot from having no Rachel sections. The second game seems to want to pad it's length with them and now we have this.
I mean, you like the girls and think they're interesting gameplay, fine. Make a game with them. Don't cram them into Ninja GAIDEN just for kicks. Ninja GAIDEN is about Hayabusa. That's it. Use Code Cronus or something.

Them chicks aren't even fun to play as. The first PS3 game would have benefited a lot from having no Rachel sections. The second game seems to want to pander it's length with them and now we have this.
I mean, you like the girls and think they're interesting gameplay, fine. Make a game with them. Don't cram them into Ninja GAIDEN just for kicks. Ninja GAIDEN is about Hayabusa. That's it. Use Code Cronus or something.

Momiji is the best designed by far, she does actually bring something unique to NGS2

Ayane levels just felt like a chore.

Rachel is hot garbage, always was and always will be.

Top Bottom