• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's dge |OT| I guess that's what it means to be a ninja

guek

Banned
that launch trailer looks so friggin good. if the entire game locks at 60fps without frequent drops...

I'm not a huge graphics whore in general but i've always been one to appreciate a silky smooth framerate. iirc, the PS360 build had frequent dips below 60 so hopefully RE improves on that

zroid

Banned
jv857Mc7texxU.png

...what

note: he reviewed the original and it was awarded 5/10

Skilletor

jv857Mc7texxU.png

...what

note: he reviewed the original and it was awarded 5/10

How is it worse. I cannot conceive how it could be worse. My mind is full of fuck trying to think of how it could be worse.

What is this guy's opinion on the previous NG games? Maybe it's more like NG and less like other action games, and that's why he dislikes it more. Maybe?

Pachinko

I can't even fathom it being worse but perhaps if you'd had the misfortune of playing the game through a few months back and now had to play it again you'd still recall every single thing you hated about it.

There's also the fact that they've changed it to be more like NG2 which many people out there found to be unfairly difficult. So combine a crappy experience you haven't forgotten with possibly the gameplay in a different sequel you weren't fond of and I guess you could find it worse.

I'm expecting it to better based purely on my limited play time of it at PAX but then I never played the original version beyond the demo on 360 ...

Squire

Banned
How is it worse. I cannot conceive how it could be worse. My mind is full of fuck trying to think of how it could be worse.

What is this guy's opinion on the previous NG games? Maybe it's more like NG and less like other action games, and that's why he dislikes it more. Maybe?

Nope. Arthur's a fan of the series same as you guys. I came to post that myself. I LOL'd.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Call me a skeptic but I've never really been one to put much faith in enthusiast press reviews when it comes to these kind of games

CaLe

The launch trailer is really awesome though.

I doubt Nintendo would publish it if it were so bad, maybe he didn't play much of it and is extrapolating the final score based on his early impressions.

Or Nintendo was just really desperate to have an M rated game alongside ZombiU.

Skilletor

Call me a skeptic but I've never really been one to put much faith in enthusiast press reviews when it comes to these kind of games

Me either. But NG3 is horrible. Reviews for it reflected as such. I would be surprised if the game reviewed worse than what was already a terrible game.

CronoShot

The core game was broken to hell.

That wouldn't make it worse. Nearly all changes they've made to Razor's Edge have been seen as an improvement by almost everyone.

I could understand that the changes aren't enough to save the game, but worse than the vanilla version?

ohlawd

guys, the banner in the OP was a metaphor. It all comes back full circle.

The guy crushes hope like he does business cards.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony

If this is actually, seriously worse than vanilla NG3 then Hayashi is like a reverse vampire from the fucking mirror universe or some shit.

I literally cannot imagine how it could be made worse. My imagination is formidable.

It would take some super amazing ANTI-video game developer skills to make a version of NG3 WORSE than Vanilla, when you even take sections wholesale from the better games.

I just don't believe this shit
KuGsj.gif

SteeloDMZ

Banned
His original review is really good IMO, gets to the main problem in that it took away so many elements that were good about NGB(and to a much lesser extent NG2), and replaced it with garbage.

So for it be worse somehow...

ibdjSQudf9Lotd.gif

Completely off-topic but, is that the only .gif you have? I've seen it a million times, and even times where it doesn't make any sense.
----------

As for that tweet, I doubt this version could be "worse". Reviews embargo for this, IIRC, ends tomorrow, so that will be interesting to see.

CaLe

What would the game being worse actually even mean ? Scoring 3-4 / 10 ?

I just refuse to believe it, no developer would be that dumb. Oh well, I'm getting the system for ZombiU.

Reiko

Banned
That wouldn't make it worse. Nearly all changes they've made to Razor's Edge have been seen as an improvement by almost everyone.

I could understand that the changes aren't enough to save the game, but worse than the vanilla version?

Bolting NG2 to NG3 isn't an easy remedy in fixing something broken.

CronoShot

Bolting NG2 to NG3 isn't an easy remedy in fixing something broken.

But he's not saying it hasn't been fixed, nor is he saying that it's just as bad as before. He's saying it's worse. And I (and others apparently) don't understand how that's even possible.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
eagerly awaiting reviews/impressions. i completely suck at NG games but I rather crave good solid action on my WiiU

Yeah I followed his comments on twitter and got the perception he was hating the game. Although after comments like "whichever third party makes a controller with offset analog sticks takes my money" or "fucking a and b buttons are not placed correctly, they should follow the standard set by microsoft 10 years ago" makes me a bit sceptical about his opinions.

I guess we will see soon enough.

Yeah I followed his comments on twitter and got the perception he was hating the game. Although after comments like "whichever third party makes a controller with offset analog sticks takes my money" or "fucking a and b buttons are not placed correctly, they should follow the standard set by microsoft 10 years ago" makes me a bit sceptical about his opinions.

Wow, Gies really said that shit? I think I will wait for more opinions before writing this one off then.

Dicer

Banned

I'll never listen to a word this twat says...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
But he's not saying it hasn't been fixed, nor is he saying that it's just as bad as before. He's saying it's worse. And I (and others apparently) don't understand how that's even possible.

How is it not possible? The hit-detection/combat system probably hasn't been tweaked/improved. NGarbage 3 had the issue of having you flail at enemies that you DID NOT want to flail at in combat. Changing to NG2 systems doesn't fix that combat engine.

Malvingt2

lolol...he is a waste of time.

Eusis

Not commenting on the first until I play something like Ninja Gaiden on the Wii U (suspect that really DOES feel worse for that type of game... and may even be why he says the game's even worse now), but the latter? Fuck's sake, does everyone have to march in lock step with whoever manages to get popular? They didn't even take the crown this gen until the Wii waned, and even if Nintendo were screwy on the console front between the SNES and now they DID sort of follow the B/A thing on GC, and kept doing so on handheld. Just because someone tweaks what you do in a superficial way and gets popular doesn't mean you gotta start using that superficial tweak yourself.

He could well mean confirm/deny though, but 1. Sony deserves more credit for that, and 2. I've felt it was completely stupid to not keep such a standard the same across all regions from the offset. Adds problems to game localization that shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Time to lower expectations then, lol. Only WiiU port i'd be interested in, if they'd actually manage to make an okay-ish action game with Ninjas out of it. Never had an original Xbox, so I'm not finicky about this series.

Takao

Banned

Only standard set by Microsoft in the game industry is how to get consumers to pay for things others give for free.

Top Bottom