• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's dge |OT| I guess that's what it means to be a ninja

So few reviews on this one, though it was the first WiiU game with the embargo lifted, lol.
Seems like no one wants to deal with NG3 anymore.

kunonabi

None of the reviews mentioned Momiji, right? Were there supposed to be other characaters as well?

There are multiple DLC characters but we don't know how many. Momiji should be the first of them. How many Ninja Gaiden characters have been playable in the past?

Ridley327

There are multiple DLC characters but we don't know how many. Momiji should be the first of them. How many Ninja Gaiden characters have been playable in the past?

Rachel would be the other big one.

And I swear I wasn't typing that to be a titty joke, either.

Effect

In the end this game is still on my buy list. Call it asking for punishment if you want. I'm genuinely interested in the game and experiencing it.

P90

Momiji sure knows how to wield a staff!

Due to budget constraints I can only buy one WiiU game for myself. I am flip-flopping on Razor's Edge and TTT2 WiiU. I am more excited about Razor's Edge, but I will need ninja dog mode to finish Razor's Edge and have a shred of sanity left. No review has mentioned ninja dog mode being in Razor's Edge. If NG3:RE doesn't have an "easy" mode, I will go with TTT2. What say you, NeoGAF? If Kasumi is a possible playable character then there is no question about getting NG3:RE.

Dead

well not really...yet
No gaf impressions yet?

Thinking of going to Target and buying a wii u and this is one of the titles id probably get with it...

Ninja Dom

No gaf impressions yet?

Thinking of going to Target and buying a wii u and this is one of the titles id probably get with it...

I'm eagerly waiting for the GAF Ninja Gaiden Lords in the US to play through this and give their impressions.

I'm not too interested in the mainstream website reviews. I want the perspective from the hardcore!! Folk that completed Master Ninja on NG 3 on PS360. I'm in the UK so I'm still over a week away.

Come on GAF!!

Hiltz

Lol. It's like you guys are so easily convinced about getting a mediocre game just by having the developer add another pair of large breasts to it ... and I can't blame you.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
No gaf impressions yet?

In the Wii U release day thread thread I saw few who got the game, but maybe they are still busy updating the system firmware...give them time I guess.

PJX

I'm eagerly waiting for the GAF Ninja Gaiden Lords in the US to play through this and give their impressions.

I'm not too interested in the mainstream website reviews. I want the perspective from the hardcore!! Folk that completed Master Ninja on NG 3 on PS360. I'm in the UK so I'm still over a week away.

Come on GAF!!

People actually wasted their lives doing this? I beat the game on default and couldn't stomach going through that piece of shit again.

Dantis

People actually wasted their lives doing this? I beat the game on default and couldn't stomach going through that piece of shit again.

I knocked it down to easy on level 3 because I was tired of the waaaaves of enemies. Absolutely idiotic that there are more waves in higher difficulties.

VerTiGo

Banned
Really enjoying the game. Ive died like 50 times already of course. Posting ... on my gamepad, while on the toilet.

Aske

Come on GAF!!

I'm looking forward to impressions from people who completed Master Ninja on NG 1 and 2, and wouldn't touch vanilla NG 3 if Hayashi paid them.

guek

Banned
People on miiverse are saying framedrops are rare after they patched. Can anyone confirm? I need some gaf impressions before I buy :-(

There's still some noticeable slowdown that I've noticed in the first level. It would slow to a crawl at about 15fps - I thought it was an in-game slow motion effect or something.

I got this yesterday. I only played like an hour of it last night but man it is so much better. I love earning karma each fight and using it to unlock abilities and such. The game looks great on the Wii-U. I didnt notice and slowdown or stuff like that. I am still getting used to the procontroller though. Man I hate the button layout on that thing.

danmaku

Momiji sure knows how to wield a staff!

Due to budget constraints I can only buy one WiiU game for myself. I am flip-flopping on Razor's Edge and TTT2 WiiU. I am more excited about Razor's Edge, but I will need ninja dog mode to finish Razor's Edge and have a shred of sanity left. No review has mentioned ninja dog mode being in Razor's Edge. If NG3:RE doesn't have an "easy" mode, I will go with TTT2. What say you, NeoGAF? If Kasumi is a possible playable character then there is no question about getting NG3:RE.

Normal and easy difficulty are much easier than the previous games, so you shouldn't have problems. TTT2 is probably a better game overall, and it's a fantastic fighting game, but I'd recommend it only if you are interested in on/offline multiplayer. There's almost no single player content, aside from the Fight Lab tutorial and the usual arcade/survival/ghost battle mode.

Kingpen

How playable is this on the tablet controller? I'm pretty close to returning my WiiU as I fell for the hype and realized that there is only potentially 2 games I want for this right now, and this is one of them since I'm a huge Ninja Gaiden 1/2 fan.

I won't buy the pro controller since the layout is different then what is the norm and I know I will get frustrated.

I wanted Ninja Gaiden 3 to be like Ninja Gaiden 2 (Xbox) when it came out, and was so pissed they took away weapons and dismemberment. I think this version has all of that back.

Is there a lot of single player content in this?

How playable is this on the tablet controller? I'm pretty close to returning my WiiU as I fell for the hype and realized that there is only potentially 2 games I want for this right now, and this is one of them since I'm a huge Ninja Gaiden 1/2 fan.

I won't buy the pro controller since the layout is different then what is the norm and I know I will get frustrated.

I wanted Ninja Gaiden 3 to be like Ninja Gaiden 2 (Xbox) when it came out, and was so pissed they took away weapons and dismemberment. I think this version has all of that back.

Is there a lot of single player content in this?

There is a ton of sp content. The core game is long, and you can play on different difficulties, and they added challenges to the sp like in NG2. I dont know how playing on the gamepad would work, I only played with the pro controller.

Dantis

There is a ton of sp content. The core game is long, and you can play on different difficulties, and they added challenges to the sp like in NG2. I dont know how playing on the gamepad would work, I only played with the pro controller.

I dunno about Razor's Edge, but NG3 was really short, particularly next to NG1 and NG2.

are the chargable UT's onlandings?

How does the health regen work outside of ninpo?

You still get health back when you use ninpo, but now it also refills during battles I believe it is for doing combos. It has let me charge up UT's even when my sword wasnt red buy holding the Y button, but you cant do on landing UTs since there is no essence to absorb. You get a karma score for every enemy you kill and you get bonus karma depending on your rating and you use karma to unlock moves and costumes.

You still get health back when you use ninpo, but now it also refills during battles I believe it is for doing combos. It has let me charge up UT's even when my sword wasnt red buy holding the Y button, but you cant do on landing UTs since there is no essence to absorb. You get a karma score for every enemy you kill and you get bonus karma depending on your rating and you use karma to unlock moves and costumes.

thanks. is there a list of all the unlockable moves out yet?

I still think the base game is irredeemable, but is the combat more fun than the original at least?

thanks. is there a list of all the unlockable moves out yet?

I still think the base game is irredeemable, but is the combat more fun than the original at least?

The combat does feel similar for the most part. You can unlock new ninpo though which should help, I hated the dragon ninpo from NG3. I think it is more fun, just because of the added scoring system. My favorite part of NG1 was redoing battles and trying to improve my score, I like that they tied that into a reward system. I really hope that becomes a standard thing going forward.

The combat does feel similar for the most part. You can unlock new ninpo though which should help, I hated the dragon ninpo from NG3. I think it is more fun, just because of the added scoring system. My favorite part of NG1 was redoing battles and trying to improve my score, I like that they tied that into a reward system. I really hope that becomes a standard thing going forward.

Welp.

there went the majority of my interest then.

Having a karma system tied to it doesn't change the fact that combat in NG3 feels fundamentally boring IMO.

Ill have to try it before i dimiss it entirely, but am I correct in assuming that the flow of battles dont feel any more fluid then?

Top Bottom