• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct for NA/EU coming tomorrow (3DS, Q1 2014 games)

Wait, it's at 4pm, not 5? I can watch it! Yeeeeeees all in. Let's get this hype train a rollin'. Honestly I hope one of the announcements is the official soundtrack for ALBW being released.

The fact that this is America and Europe only makes me pine for it being about EarthBound 2 finally coming to virtual console : ) Excited to see whatever it happens to be.

Ingame Voice and Video Chat for Wii Sports Bowling! Unified Accounts! Usefull apps! Skype support. UPNP support. New Zelda footage. Nintendo TV in europe!

Ahahahahahahaha

:(

I'm trying to think if there's anything announced for the 3DS that I'm remotely interested in. Maybe the Yoshi game, but that'd be it. Not at all excited about stuff like MH4 or Picross. I know they won't announce new stuff but I would love to see some mention of a new Metroid, Resident Evil or something out of left field like Excite Truck 3D.

matthwq

Banned
What!? Which ones?

That's not comforting. Though perhaps I should try out one to really see.

The first two are out here. As a HUGE fan of Picross (especially the Nintendo published games), they just feel really cheap and bare bones to me. Production value is super meh. It's an odd complaint, but I don't know. Not to mention they have fewer puzzles than I'd like.

gngf123

Hoping for localization news, but not expecting much.

If any of you guys are looking for any big new game announcements, I think you are going to be disappointed.

emb

Expecting:

new Kirby trailer
new Yoshi trailer + discussion of new features/hook + date
Yoshi in Smash, maybe with a very brief video clip of the 3DS version
Maybe a new teaser for Yarn Yoshi, with a release quarter indicated.
eShop montage, with focus on smaller devs like Shin'en et al.
In that, a new eShop exclusive game from Nintendo
Localization announcements of MH4, Layton vs Attorney. (Another?) English trailer for BD.
"One more thing" showing fourth character in DKCR.

Mariolee

Expecting:

new Kirby trailer
new Yoshi trailer + discussion of new features/hook + date
Yoshi in Smash, maybe with a very brief video clip of the 3DS version
Maybe a new teaser for Yarn Yoshi, with a release quarter indicated.
eShop montage, with focus on smaller devs like Shin'en et al.
In that, a new eShop exclusive game from Nintendo
Localization announcements of MH4, Layton vs Attorney. (Another?) English trailer for BD.
"One more thing" showing fourth character in DKCR.

Sounds pretty realistic, though I think they might be saving the DKCR reveal for GTTV this Thursday/Friday/whenever it's on.

matthwq

Banned
Hoping for localization news, but not expecting much.

If any of you guys are looking for any big new game announcements, I think you are going to be disappointed.

Yeah, it's going to be pretty typical stuff. Well, hopefully not! But, yeah. Probably even a significant portion dedicated to Mario Party and Zelda, both of which are out in mere days. (WHICH IS AWESOME.)

Completely forgot about Kirby, I imagine that and Yoshi would be their focus. Also worth keeping in mind that Kirby looks very much like a standard game at the moment, can't think they wouldn't have some sort of special mechanic in there.

Realistically:
Flipnote 3D
Jett Rocket II
Shi'nen game
Kirby footage
Yoshi footage

No Miiverse until December/next year
;(

Chrom

If they're going to show another Smash character, I'd like to think it'd be either Yoshi or a Zelda character.

Qurupeke

Completely forgot about Kirby, I imagine that and Yoshi would be their focus. Also worth keeping in mind that Kirby looks very much like a standard game at the moment, can't think they wouldn't have some sort of special mechanic in there.

Realistically:
Flipnote 3D
Jett Rocket II
Shi'nen game
Kirby footage
Yoshi footage

No Miiverse until December/next year
;(
+Monster Hunter 4. I think this is the sole reason there isn't a Japan ND. It's a stealth MonHun Nintendo Direct.

Prophane33

Yay, going to let my class out a little early so I can watch it in my office. I hope there's a couple surprises, I'm not expecting the moon, just something we didn't know about that I might be interested in. Also, please no more delays.

Wiz

I wish they would say something about Dragon Quest. NOA has been dead silent about that series since DQIX.

I wish they would say something about Dragon Quest. NOA has been dead silent about that series since DQIX.

Is it even worth they're effort to release it in the US? It's such a traditional JRPG series. I just don't see the appeal for a western audience.

Top Bottom