• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct for NA/EU coming tomorrow (3DS, Q1 2014 games)

L~A

This will be perfect for my train ride. Hoping for some account system related announcements, and updates on Kirby/DK.

There definitely won't be any Miiverse/eShop/account announcement today, or there'd also be a Japanese Direct (even if it were just for that stuff).

I'd love that, but it's highly unlikely.

Volotaire

There definitely won't be any Miiverse/eShop/account announcement today, or there'd also be a Japanese Direct (even if it were just for that stuff).

I'd love that, but it's highly unlikely.

Didn't even realise there was no japanese Direct, that's a shame.

javac

Hopefully we actually get an announcement for the hotly anticipated JRPG Animumu Googoo Wii Uguu~ I'm Left Handed. The chance is slim right?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
at least they added PAL to the Direct.
But considering Bravely Default and Layton foreseen for 2013 here, I think that the PAL direct will be weak...even if they can finally confirm dates for Layton VS AA and SMT IV
I'd love to see MH4, tough

javac

I took it to mean it would sell like shit if it was suddenly released today.

I think what he is saying is that SMT x FE will sell bad, so Nintendo won't make a Fire Emblem game for home consoles ever again.

Hmm. FE has potential to sell really well as Awakening showed us but at the same time I think Nintendo are aware of the situation and the potential for it to sell underwhelming numbers. Both SMT and FE sold well and both franchises have stuck it out through thick and thin.

Nintendo shouldn't release games with a negative attitude. They should try to get these games to move as much units as possible. Kid Icarus Uprising sold well. SMT and FE sold well. But these were on the 3DS. But these games didn't magically sell well by virtue of being on the 3DS. It's about effort, building a userbase and conditioning them to these types of games and giving them enticing offers.

DrWong

Well, their last announcement (a few days ago) related to a Nintendo plateform is this :

rockn-racing-off-road-wii-u_206005_post.jpg

69wpm

Well, their last announcement (a few days ago) related to a Nintendo plateform is this :

rockn-racing-off-road-wii-u_206005_post.jpg

So this and FAST Racing NEO could show up? Otherwise I don't understand why both developers would release a single screenshot a few days before the ND.

L~A

Yup, guess that confirms we're getting some Wii U eShop stuff. Hopefully we get some more new indie stuff coming... even though there's still plenty of announced games that don't have any release date whatsoever.

L~A

This could be the indie direct we've been pining for

I dunno, there's always been plenty of indie stuff during Nintendo Direct, so I doubt it'd be a Indie Direct per se... especially since this is a 3DS focused Direct, and it's the Wii U, the indie console (much more than the 3DS).

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I dunno, there's always been plenty of indie stuff during Nintendo Direct, so I doubt it'd be a Indie Direct per se... especially since this is a 3DS focused Direct, and it's the Wii U, the indie console (much more than the 3DS).

That's true

Here comes the Megaton, fucking F-Zero XG by Sumo Digital.

I'd start crying tears of joy in the middle of the office if this happens.

- Fade in from black to close-up of tarmac
- Sound effects heard far off of what sounds like jet engines
- Foot steps into the shot - its Captain Falcons boot
- Camera pans up around to his helmet, and the Mute City theme starts to play

javac

When/if we get Miiverse on 3DS I'm guessing it'll be similar to the Animal Crossing plaza with its own app rather than having a WaraWara plaza in the main screen.

My prediction is someone will say "more sequels Nintendo?! Come on, make new IPs!!!" while then turning around and masturbating over a new Forza/Gran Turismo, GTA, Final Fantasy, Assassin's Creed or CoD.

Fireblend

Banned
My prediction is someone will say "more sequels Nintendo?! Come on, make new IPs!!!" while then turning around and masturbating over a new Forza/Gran Turismo, GTA, Final Fantasy, Assassin's Creed or CoD.

It must suck to rely on others' opinions to validate what you like and dislike.

Anyway, hoping to see Kirby. I'm hyped as hell for that game.

Top Bottom