• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct + Indie Showcase Announced for Tomorrow

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I find it rather strange that Haunted Castle is included in the Dominus Collection, as it was included in the Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection. They could have easily thrown in Chronicles (the PSX port + remaster of X68000 Akumajou Dracula) instead.
I thought I saw them mention that it's been altered a bit.

"Haunted Castle, the very first Castlevania game on the Arcade, returns too in a completely reimagined version.Now with extra features such as save states or rewind"

Krathoon

Gold Member
Yeah. For some weird reason, they actually remade Haunted Castle.

Wasn't that the worst Castlevania game?

Last edited:

cireza

Gold Member
That Capcom Collection 2 has basically all Dreamcast games.

Feels like a showcase for an end of generation, nothing major or new shown. You can see that third parties are keeping their next big game for the launch of Switch 2.

Pretty exhausted with all these compilations of old games honestly. I wonder how they dealt with the touch screen features of Castlevania Aria, and maybe PoR (not sure). Ecclesia doesn't have any. Probably an M2 job, should be quality. Even if these games didn't age so well.

Only thing that felt a bit ambitious was the TITS remake. Yakuza is a port from an old game running on the old engine. They can also port 0 like this, but afterwards, as they switched engine, it will have to wait for Switch 2.

Last edited:
I was going to give this entire showcase an A- or B+ but then the Capcom fighting collection 2 automatically bumped it up to an A.

That lineup of games was a dream cast.

MAtgS

Yeah. For some weird reason, they actually remade Haunted Castle.

Wasn't that the worst Castlevania game?
Better to remake the bad ones and make them not suck the 2bd time around than wasting resources on games that were already good to begin with.

Thabass

Power Stone being ported to PC and modern consoles is my announcement of the year, let alone the announcement of today. Holy fuck, Capcom be spittin' this year.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Mm... now I'm going to hope the next Direct is gonna focus on one game, MP4. I just can't see Nintendo doing a Direct in September, clearly the games have dried up.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Lots of good stuff in a random partner/indie show, feels like Switch/PC are keeping the industry alive like it's business as usual in 2006 rather than bleak 2024.

Dunno where the hate comes from for some folks, it was partners and indies so it wasn't gonna have any first party megaton, I think it had lots of good stuff...

Some of the collections and remasters like Capcom's and Tales of Graces, remakes like Trails and all new stuff like Atelier & Rune Factory looked pretty sweet.

Last edited:

nial

Lots of good stuff in a random partner/indie show, feels like Switch/PC are keeping the industry alive like it's business as usual in 2006 rather than bleak 2024.
All the good stuff was announced for every platform (except for Sora no Kiseki, but it's Falcom, we know it's going to be on PlayStation).

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
All the good stuff was announced for every platform (except for Sora no Kiseki, but it's Falcom, we know it's going to be on PlayStation).
There are others Switch/PC only like Rune Factory which might not be a numbered entry but looks pretty damn awesome and not a mere spin off, probably an experiment like Wii's Oceans (that will probably not sell as good and they go back to the top down stuff for the next one, lol).

It's pretty obvious without Switch a bunch more wouldn't have been made at all just for the PS5 market or whatever, lol, even if they're multiplatform and/or timed exclusives (which is great, Steam and Switch also know they don't need to buyout more than the first party stuff to be #1).

Don't worry, I'll rate Sony's direct stuff as good too even if they also show plenty multiplatform things like GTA or Final Fantasy or whatever mate, nobody does shows with just their exclusives any more, they'd be pretty short, don't get so triggered, it is what it is and the kings are two:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom