• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation on April 1st

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Normally I would agree, but with all this Nintendoubt lately, I think they need something big ASAP, and E3 may need something even bigger to tease us about their broad future plans. Animal Crossing might be met with a "hmph, that's it?" kinda reception.

They could go into much more detail about AC at E3 of course.

I don't think they want an E3 2008 all over again.

Rigalo

I don't think they'll announce anything too crazy with E3 around the corner, unless they plan on focusing solely on NX at E3 and want to get shot out of the way?

iwz1YSE6bDCBI.gif

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I remember the Direct with Little Mac was shown late like this (late for me in the east coast), and apparently that was because of Bayonetta 2...

Does that mean we'll see a M-rated game here? Project Treasure?

Shauni

Normally I would agree, but with all this Nintendoubt lately, I think they need something big ASAP, and E3 may need something even bigger to tease us about their broad future plans. Animal Crossing might be met with a "hmph, that's it?" kinda reception.

New Leaf sold like 10 million copies and Wild World before it sold even more. The console titles have, admittedly, sold less, but still. Maybe it'd be met with that reaction for some people, but AC has sneakily become one of Nintendo megafranchises.

People seem to forget A Link Between Worlds was announced in a Direct. They could of easily saved that announcement for E3 considering it was a little over a month away, but they choose the direct. Not saying we'll get anything of that caliber tomorrow, but Nintendo's been known to do that in the past and they need a exciting new game to get people's minds off Zelda Wii U's delay.

With very little insider knowledge on this Direct, I'll say that it would probably be prudent to keep expectations low.

No Nintendo game in America past Xenoblade 3D has a release date. Expect this Direct to rectify that and very little else.

With very little insider knowledge on this Direct, I'll say that it would probably be prudent to keep expectations low.

No Nintendo game in America past Xenoblade 3D has a release date. Expect this Direct to rectify that and very little else.

Mewtwo DLC is all I'm expecting and even that's a little high since Sakurai will probably add the disclaimer of "This is the last DLC we'll make because we dislike money"

L95

So FEif release date for US? I'd be happy with that.

:B

I think we've all been waiting for a specific date for Xenoblade X, so i'll honestly be happy with just that.

Sadist

I remember the Direct with Little Mac was shown late like this (late for me in the east coast), and apparently that was because of Bayonetta 2...

Does that mean we'll see a M-rated game here? Project Treasure?
Devil's Third

Btw, a international Direct means one new announcement... would be nice.

SmithnCo

Anyone else think Animal Crossing U(topia?) could be announced in step with the AC-themed MK8 DLC?

It would be a major way to buoy interest in the lagging system...

If we get some solid Splatoon info and anything about AC Ill be happy with this one.

RedColumn

I was referring more to the fact that maybe cross buy VC is coming in some form, since they were the first third party to have actual cross buy with no download code for the other platform (like Tipping Stars). Just reaching though :p

I see :)
We need any kind of cross buy so badly! It would make to much good to the Wii U!

But I dont think they will announce any of this soon. I think they will make a special direct only to speak about the new ClubNintendo-thing that is going on. I see that more toward summer... or maybe the E3?

My predictions:

- Mewtwo
- Mario Kart DLC
- Xenoblade X (only Japan)
- Yoshi Hilitos (date+trailer)
- Kirby (only Europe)
- New amiibo for Mai and June
- Splatoon (date+trailer)
.... and a small surprise.

The E3 is in less than 3 months, so I dont see any big surprises in here. Maybe the smartphone game that is coming this year? or miniteaser of Star Fox?

KooopaKid

Banned
With the Zelda delay, I really feel Nintendo has to make up for it.
So far, Spatoon is their biggest game this year.
Yoshi, Kirby, Mario Maker, even Starfox, are "small" games.

So what you're saying is Xenoblade X is getting a release date tomorrow for July? Sweet, 10/10 best Direct ever.

BowieZ

Banned
People seem to forget A Link Between Worlds was announced in a Direct. They could of easily saved that announcement for E3 considering it was a little over a month away, but they choose the direct. Not saying we'll get anything of that caliber tomorrow, but Nintendo's been known to do that in the past and they need a exciting new game to get people's minds off Zelda Wii U's delay.
Yeah, it depends I guess upon whether they have at least 2 major new games to announce. If all they have is 1 then sure ride out the next 2 months and show it at E3. But if they have more, show something MAJOR now, build hype for more details about it at E3, then show whatever else (cough, Retro's next title) and 'tease' the NX and reassure everyone of Nintendo's great future plans at E3.

I think this is a good sign, because it suggests that they have a few surprises in store. What those could be is a total mystery, but I think release dates for Yoshi's Woolly World, Devil's Third, and Xenoblade Chronicles X are practically guaranteed.

I wonder if it is at all possible the regular N3DS will be announced for release in North America in tomorrow's direct... I would be so happy.

No reason to go overboard with expectations, but I guess this is reasonable to expect:

F-Zero Ultra
Metroid Prime 4 U
Metroid Zero Fusion 3DS
Mother 4 / (Mother Trilogy on VC)
Super Mario Universe (galaxy 3)
Eternal Darkness 2
Star Tropics Wii U
Robot U
Advance Wars 3DS
Elite Beat Agents 3DS
Sin & Punishment 3
Kid Icarus Uprising 2 Wii U
Mole Mania 3DS
Wave Race Wii U
1080 Wii U
Shenmue 3
Gunstar Heroes U
Panzer Dragoon Collection U
Seiken Densetsu 3 3DS
Dragon Quest 7 localization
Squaresoft Hidden Gems Collection - Live a Live, Bahamut Lagoon etc
Mega Man Legends 3
Castlevania: The Dark Souls Edition
Igavania 3DS
Metroid Dread
Contra 3DS
Konami Wai Wai World 3 3DS
Seiken Densetsu Reboot
Streets of Rage 4 3DS
Skies of Arcadia 2
Phantasy Star 5
Metroid Another M
Final Fantasy 7 Remake Betrayalton

CHOOOO CHOOOOO

You forgot
pokemon snap u
Poke mmo
Ssb melee hd
And full gc backwards compatibility being turned on in the next update

It certainly was E3 2008. But then City Folk was pretty unremarkable as it was basically Wild World HD.

Nintendo directs rarely disappoint, yet every ND comes and people say "keep your expectations in check".
Yeah, don't get excited for something on the scale of a new metroid his close to e3, but it should have some neat surprises

I think this is a good sign, because it suggests that they have a few surprises in store. What those could be is a total mystery, but I think release dates for Yoshi's Woolly World, Devil's Third, and Xenoblade Chronicles X are practically guaranteed.

It's more that my sources knew when it was and what was on the American end (i.e. indies) than indication of anything else.

Banned

Shhh, no reason, just hype.

Balb

I mean, Starfox is still this year. If they don't fuck around with that game, it's a system seller.

Star Fox isn't really a big name anymore (if it ever was). At this point there's zero momentum behind the franchise because of all the duds released after SF64.

Top Bottom