• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation on April 1st

XvSP

Neo Member
Oh man, I can't wait to see what Ninty has in their sleeves especially when the Direct is scheduled for April 1st.
Luckily i allready secured my ticket for the Hype Train :D
6cc.jpg

Omikaru

I go into these Nintendo Directs with no expectations (it's better that way). But some more Wii Virtual Console games would be nice. DS and N64 support for Virtual Console on Wii U would be excellent.

And one can only dream that Nintendo finally does cross-buy on applicable VC titles, though that seems unlikely.

J@hranimo

Banned
"Stick around after the Direct for a live Nintendo Treehouse presentation featuring one of our spring releases".

One of? Or just nice little PR talk?

qko

The Direct of Lowered Expectations:

Addressing Zelda delay, Please Understand (4mins)
Mewtwo Reveal, Nintendo is still fighting (3min)
Mario Kart DLC dated and detailed, Villager, and Animal Crossing stage, Capt. Falcon and Dry Bones revealed, the Megatons are starting to fly. (5min)
Puzzle & Dragons, new trailer, dated, Iwata just droppin the bomb oms (5min)
A new Xenoblade trailer, mech jumps off cliff, GAF goes down because of the "mech jumping off 50 stories" gifs created that instant(3min)
Miyamoto presents Mario Maker. (5 mins)
Off to Bill Trinen (1 min)
Yokai Watch localization (2 min)
Attack on Titan localization (2 min)
Song of Seasons (3 min)
Indie Sizzle Reel (2 min)
Off to Reggie:
Splatoon signed, sealed, delivered. Trailer, boxart, date and announcement of Treehouse stream after the Direct. (6 min)

Thats a little over 40mins of Lowered Expectations Direct. Iwata waves goodbye.

TreIII

Let's go Bowser U and Mario Musou!

But seriously...expecting Fire Emblem If details (at least in the Japanese Direct), and maybe our first real glimpse of Star Fox U. Even better if the rumor about P*'s involvement turns out to be true.

NeonZ

They wouldn't reveal SMTxFE with Fire Emblem if right around the corner.

Different consoles and crossover game vs mainline entry. It wouldn't be that odd. Atlus itself had multiple Persona games revealed almost at once.

Mesoian

Maybe the leaked Direct was...real?

What was in the leaked direct?

Edit: So realistically:

Yoshi release date
Splatoon Release date
Mewtwo Release date
More Xenoblade/X footage
Amiibo 4th wave news

and that's it right? They have to save Starfox and Animal Crossing for e3, right?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
There's been like seven different Direct Leaks I've seen recently, and that's because everyone was expecting one...

Considering Wednesday is a typical Direct day, and this was the beginning of a new fiscal calendar, it was obviously someone eventually got lucky with a fake leak.

BowieZ

Banned
Anyone else think Animal Crossing U(topia?) could be announced in step with the AC-themed MK8 DLC?

It would be a major way to buoy interest in the lagging system...

Expectations:

Mainly a Splatoon reveal. New modes, features, release date
Mario Kart DLC 2 reveal and date given
Smash Mewtwo and new modes DLC reveal
Nothing on Star Fox (thats for E3)
A new port or two for New 3DS.
A new port or two for WiiU. Without Zelda, they need to fill out Holiday 2015.

ports that seem likely to me (either straight N3DS ports, or WiiU HD remakes):
Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime Trilogy
F-Zero GX
Mario Sunshine

Plausible:
New portable Zelda using the ALBW engine. Links Awakening remake/sequel would be perfect
New F-Zero announced (though if true that would be at E3)

Meesh

Dingdangdiddly I'm gonna miss it! Oh well, I'll catch up on the excitement later with you fine folks. :)

Edit: just cuz, I expect nothing...buu-uuuuuuut if something were to be announced...I'll take a Fatal Frame NA announcement, new trailer and info from Itagakis Devils Third(directly lol), possibility of Zelda TP on VC right after presentation due to Zelda U delay(please understand?), Rodea Sky soldier info, Xenoblade X blowout-also explaining Amiibo support, teaser from new upcoming Zelda animated series!(gross assumption cuz of various surveys, rumours, personal wants and recent Pikmin series, oh yeah and Zelda delay again!!!)

Yrael

Looks like this is the first thing I'll be watching tomorrow morning!

I'm cautious though, and keeping my expectations lowered.

Pachimari

I don't know what I expect from this.

- Release dates from the leaked document announced.
- Mewtwo footage (hopefully a new character announced) for Smash Bros.
- Mario Kart 8 DLC release date.
- Footage of Yoshi, Splatoon, Mario Maker and Xenoblade Chronicles X.

I hope for one big announcement, like Animal Crossing U, but I'm not holding my breath for that.

We're definitely getting a Mewtwo trailer with this one. Makes me wonder how it'll compare to Project M's trailer. (It'll probably be better but man Project M did a good job with that trailer).

I'm hoping to at least see some Star Fox Wii U footage out of this direct too.

"Mewtwo will be releasing right after the Direct, watch the Treehouse play him!"

Watch nobody be able to get him because you have to log into Club Nintendo to get the download code and the servers will crash again.

Nah, they'll probably send an e-mail.

rokero

Mario Kart DLC dated and detailed, Villager, and Animal Crossing stage, Capt. Falcon and Dry Bones revealed, the Megatons are starting to fly. (5min)
A new Xenoblade trailer, mech jumps off cliff, GAF goes down because of the "mech jumping off 50 stories" gifs created that instant(3min)
Song of Seasons (3 min)
Off to Reggie:
Splatoon signed, sealed, delivered. Trailer, boxart, date and announcement of Treehouse stream after the Direct. (6 min)

sad but true

Song of Seasons (3 min)
Off to Reggie:

Blech that's an awful direct haha.

BowieZ

Banned
I feel like Animal Crossing is big enough to be an e3 headliner.
Normally I would agree, but with all this Nintendoubt lately, I think they need something big ASAP, and E3 may need something even bigger to tease us about their broad future plans. Animal Crossing might be met with a "hmph, that's it?" kinda reception.

They could go into much more detail about AC at E3 of course.

Mesoian

Normally I would agree, but with all this Nintendoubt lately, I think they need something big ASAP, and E3 may need something even bigger to tease us about their broad future plans. Animal Crossing might be met with a "hmph, that's it?" kinda reception.

I mean, Starfox is still this year. If they don't fuck around with that game, it's a system seller.

Bought a ticket for the hypetrain! Will be a nightride here in continental Euroland I guess! I am hyped but have no expectations. I will already be happy with a MK8 trailer =]

Top Bottom