• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation on April 1st

I hope they only use the music and not the stage.

The stage would be hard to bring back, they'd practically have to remake it from scratch since it uses models ripped from an N64 game lol.

So I don't think you'll have to worry.

I just want the music to be used because it was Mewtwo's credits theme and Pokefloats was his home stage.

I grew up with Nintendo (now 39 years old) and I think a lot of you overestimate starfox. it's really not a household name it once (maybe) was. it's definitely not a system seller

I often wonder if Nintendo really has a system seller anymore at this point. I mean if Smash Bros. and Mario Kart didn't do much to move the needle I don't know what will.

Some digital crap is the best new thing you can hope for on WiiU.

However, they better not drop the ball on 3ds. With the Xenoblade port coming this week, almost everything except Fire Emblem is gonna be out for 3DS (in certain regions). The alleged additional New3DS exclusives also still need to show up.

People who make these pie charts can fuck right off. Color blind folk like myself have no idea what's going on.

Just for you, my love:

m1sFOs6.png

I often wonder if Nintendo really has a system seller anymore at this point. I mean if Smash Bros. and Mario Kart didn't do much to move the needle I don't know what will.

I think in this day and age (with all of the places to get games from) the issue is looking at anything as a true system seller. We are better off understanding that they are complimentary games. People want variety. People want Mario and Zelda and call of duty/ or battlefield. Nintendo can only give you part of that.

If nintendo were smart they would see that 3rd party gaming is the true system seller.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
With very little insider knowledge on this Direct, I'll say that it would probably be prudent to keep expectations low.

No Nintendo game in America past Xenoblade 3D has a release date. Expect this Direct to rectify that and very little else.

Yeah, I already have zero expectation for this Direct to be amazing because I'm pretty sure that they probably saved some surprises for E3 which is in two months.

Only two things that I want to know are Mario Kart DLC Pack 2 and Mewtwo DLC. That's it. Anything else is just icing on my cake. :)

SHIN MEGAMI X FIRE EMBLEM REVEAL

Yeah, I already have zero expectation for this Direct to be amazing because I'm pretty sure that they probably saved some surprises for E3 which is in two months.

Only two things that I want to know are Mario Kart DLC Pack 2 and Mewtwo DLC. That's it. Anything else is just icing on my cake. :)

You tease during the direct, then show the full trailer during E3.

El Odio

Banned
Argh! The one day in the week I'm busy at they time and they pick it. Hopefully no major bombs are dropped so I don't miss 'em.

April 1st is also the first day of the new financial year, the first day after Club Nintendo officially closes, and the first day after Mewtwo registration closes.

Agreed

Top Bottom