• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation on April 1st

rokero

Billy Hatcher, Zack and Wiki are IP's I wish Nintendo would buy they have almost no chance of revival and look right at home on a Nintendo console

bomma_man

hqdefault.jpg

Shard of nightmares? Isn't that meth?

Tregard

Soothsayer
Hopefully they've bought the rights to the Super Monkey franchise, and promise to make a new title that isn't absolute Balls.

rjinaz

Xenoblade Chronicles X will be mentioned no matter what. I don't know why GAF continues stalking this woman as if it matters whether or not she "retweets" the announcement.

Lol stalking, always so pleasant huh? It's almost like Twitter is a place to go where people follow other people so that they can see the things that they tweet out in public. Strange concept I know, but I suppose you don't use Twitter or have followers. It's almost like she retweets Nintendo every single time Xenoblade has been shown dating back years now including the initial reveal of Xenoblade X. It's almost as if her husband is the director of Xenoblade.

I do agree though that there is bound to be something X related regardless, considering how close it is.

Where was it confirmed that it's only 30 minutes long?

Didn't somone say yesterday that it would be 39?

They are going by the Nico Nico Douga estimated time stamp. They have been wrong on the timing before though so it could be longer or shorter depending on region exclusives.

While this is probably fake, I would be happy with this. Reworked solo Popo seems like an obvious for dlc to let the Ice Climbers back into smash in a way that won't ruin the 3ds versions frame rate. Sakurai teasing a mystery character also feels like something that could really happen.

Meh. Using the name of a Pokemon anime as a DLC pack, opting for Wolf over basically anyone else... nah.

I would love a new/remake of Billy the Hatcher. I had a lot of fun with the GC game. Not gonna happen though. I really do not know if we can expect a surprise announcement. Yoshi, Splatoon, FE IF, Splatoon, Puzzels & Dragons bros edition, MK8 DLC & Mewto DLC are a lock I think. For the rest I really do not know with E3 around the corner...

Edit: Still hyped!

Frodo

Realistic expectations:
  • Imminent release of Mario Kart 8 Villager DLC and 2 new packs to come.;
  • Animal Crossing Wii U releasing on Holidays 2015;
  • Paper Mario TTYD exclusive for the New 3DS;
  • New characters and Stages available for download in SSB after the direct;
  • New Metroid Prime Wii U;
  • Mention of F-Zero. Hints indicate it will be available for NX launch;
  • Show new footage of Zelda Wii U. Delay was April's fool joke.

ramparter

Banned
Realistic expectations:

Realistically I wouldnt expect anything NX related.

ecosse_011172

Realistic expectations:

Not remotely realistic.
When has a normal ND had 3 big new title announcements?

I would like to take this time to remind everyone that there has never been an accurate Nintendo Direct leak ever, and that anything you read beforehand is fake

Scrawnton

Realistic expectations:

If these are your realistic expectations, you might as well start to feel disappointed.

SuperSah

Banned
Realistic expectations:

"Realistic".

This is what I am hoping for: Fatal Frame Wii U is announced for EU and the US. Demo available right after the Direct. Release next thursday on the eShop, two weeks later there will also be a retail version. Ok, the last two sentences are stupid.

Scrawnton

This is what I am hoping for: Fatal Frame Wii U is announced for EU and the US. Demo available right after the Direct. Release next thursday on the eShop, two weeks later there will also be a retail version. Ok, the last two sentences are stupid.
I never played a fatal frame game but I always wanted to. NoA has been preventing me.

Litri

Forgot about Fatal Frame, I will definitely buy it.

Bluth54

I'm really hoping Nintendo shows off some stage DLC for SSB4 Wii U. Most of the stages in the game are pretty awful and the game badly needs some good stages (more then it need new characters IMO). I would be more then happy with a decent size package of classic stages.

trinest

Realistic expectations:

Haahaa what?

Considering it was like what a week ago?

And considering its delay isn't impossibly not realistic?

If anything there will be a "hey guys sorry we delayed Zelda U but instead heres another Zelda title"

what about Taiko Drum Master?

Always wanted to play those. I think the fan base has died down here (or for most rhythm games) for that type of game. It would be nice, but sales here would be average at best (just guessing/speculating here). Rhythm Heaven 3DS is a safer bet.

If you have a non-region-locked system I'd recommend importing. I speak/read 0 Japanese and can easily navigate those menus after a bit of trial and error. If you want to skip that phase of stumbling through menus you could even use: http://puyonexus.net/wiki/Puyo_Puyo_Tetris_Menu_Translation

Been holding off in hopes for a localization...might have to import after all. Thanks for the link!

It is doubtful because SEGA only release Puyo Puyo game per decade in the West and the minigame in that Hatsume Miku game counts here...

00:00 CEST is 23:00 BST

Had no idea Project diva had a Puyo mini game. SEGA please... :(

EDIT: Bleh mobile error and lack of sleep

KooopaKid

Banned
This direct needs the unveiling of at least a new big game. The release schedule is very empty and not very exciting at the moment.

Another localization I want.....Puyo Pop vs Tetris. Doubtful since it would harm sales of PAD.

Unfortunately Ubisoft has exclusive rights to Tetris in US/Europe IIRC so that isn't coming anytime soon. But it's DEFINITELY worth importing if you have a system that can run it. Got it for PS4 and it's magnificent.

Drop

This direct needs the unveiling of at least a new big game. The release schedule is very empty and not very exciting at the moment.

That never stopped them, sadly they don't need big announcements to make a direct.

As much as I'd like some big new title to be revealed, I wouldn't be too sure about it.

I'll be happy with some zelda and fire emblem news, and of course mewtwo.

maxcriden

Been sleeping :)

Was 30 mins confirmed?

Is there a spoiler-free thread/link? I may not get to watch till a few hours after and would really like to go in blind.

Thanks!

Top Bottom