• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation on April 1st

walnuts

Two games and their covers have been already leaked. Also an improved version of Smash Bros with lots of extras is coming, surely the ultimate version:

shin_megami_tensei_x_fire_emblem__unoffical__cover_by_ry_guy176-d7floqn.jpg

falconhand.png

OFL0zrX.jpg

xandaca

My ideal would be specific dates for Splatoon and Mario Kart DLC (along with some info on the latter), updates on Xenoblade, Devil's Third and Mario Maker, perhaps with a reveal thrown in to be extra nice. Not holding my breath for even half of that, but those are my areas of interest for the year ahead now Zelda's out of the question.

Koren

There will never be an F-Zero game on the current set of Nintendo platforms.
Nintendo may not be interested in creating an F-Zero currently, but I con't see why the current consoles couldn't welcone one.

Especially 3DS, stereoscopy would be great for F-Zero if they manage to keep it at 60Hz.

Frodo

Realistically I wouldnt expect anything NX related.

Not remotely realistic.
When has a normal ND had 3 big new title announcements?

If these are your realistic expectations, you might as well start to feel disappointed.

"Realistic".

Haahaa what?

Considering it was like what a week ago?

And considering its delay isn't impossibly not realistic?

If anything there will be a "hey guys sorry we delayed Zelda U but instead heres another Zelda title"

I'm not sure realistic means what you think it means

nofunallowed.jpg

Litri

If Devil's Third is in today I would like to know more of the multiplayer. Seems like it's going to be great (couldn't care less about the campaign).

Well, luckily I'll already be home. When there's one at work I usually can just move things around a bit so I can watch it there. It's my wife who may not want me to stop everything to watch an ND at 6 PM. :)
E3 at 6pm has been very troublesome for me for this exact reason.

Anyone else in Japan know where to watch the NA stream? Last Direct, I missed the first ten minutes trying to find a stream that would actually work here. I think I couldn't find the NA one on youtube, and the NA one on Nintendo's site wouldn't work? I don't remember what the exact problems were or which stream I eventually found that worked, but I don't want to miss any this time.

Frodo

Directs are all about over hyping whilst maintaining realistic expectations. All about threads full with gifs and servers crashing minutes before it. We can say we expect they to show a brand new Baiten Kaidos to be realised in the next 3 months, and think of how awesome it would be, while knowing it most likely won't happen.
Hype is fine, makes the journey not interesting. :)

Dream big, NintenGAF.

Anyone else going to do Mewtwo v Charizard as one of their first battles with him?

I've been waiting for this day for a long time, for a Charizard not tied to a gimmicky switch mechanic and for Mewtwo to both be in the game at the same time. If you told kid me that I would be potentially a day or so away from making Mewtwo fight Charizard in Smash Bros, I'd had been the happiest kid ever.

Project M sort of scratched that itch, but I'm not a fan of PM's Charizard. It's also not the same thing as an official version of the characters.

So I am super hyped. These are the kind of dream matchups Smash is known for!

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
I'd be happy with a Twilight Princess HD remake with the goddamned initial padding taken out.

If they remake that game I hope they fix more than that.

to be honest though I feel like Skyward Sword is a much easier game to "fix" than Twilight Princess.

Revven

Don't even wanna know how bad N64 games look on an HDTV. Unless there was a scanline effect or something, N64 games would look terrible on modern displays, more than they already do on SDTVs.

Plus the Wii had, what, only 20 N64 games during its entire lifetime? The Wii U would probably only get 5-7 by the time the next console comes.

At first glance, yeah, N64 VC would be cool, but maybe it's better if they wait until next gen.

The thing is, they already announced N64 VC would be coming to Wii U 2 years ago and have been silent on it since. It was at that time they also announced GBA VC for Wii U and that just recently (as of last year) finally started up. They owe us either an explanation why N64 VC isn't here still or they need to deliver on what they announced in 2013 even if it's not a huge library of games.

I want some of those Wii N64 VC titles for Wii U. If that's all we get, I would be fine with that as well. It would still be N64 VC on Wii U, just not any new N64 VC games.

man you gotta overhype the directs thats like a quarter of the fun(half the fun is the speculation and the other quarter is watching the direct itself) imo. will it reach expectations? no way it will but damn is it a fun ride.
I'll set my hope to mewtwo trailer, nothing else.

this is what I'm talking about. very realistic expectation... now overhype that shit: mewtwo will be shown and be available RIGHT AFTER THE DIRECT!!! BELIEVE!! ( This is all i honestly care about. the direct can be like 2 minutes just showing off mewtwo and I'd be happy)

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Meh. Not interested in the N64. Rather have the DS version of Mario 64. We already have Zelda remakes. I'd rather get Waverace and F-zero in the form of GameCube games. I'm also not playing N64 Kart or Smash over the Wii U versions.

We aren't gonna get any of the Rare stuff cause of MS. We also aren't gonna get any of the Wrestling or Star Wars shit.

*shrug*

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
tumblr_mjgo2hkV5L1r7m32co1_1280.jpg

Kojima will need to work on something once he leaves Konami

papermarkis

Neo Member
lol at people expecting something as big as a new Retro game or Metroid. It's like 2 months until E3 no way we're getting something that massive in a 30 minute direct

amnesiac

The thing is, they already announced N64 VC would be coming to Wii U 2 years ago and have been silent on it since. It was at that time they also announced GBA VC for Wii U and that just recently (as of last year) finally started up. They owe us either an explanation why N64 VC isn't here still or they need to deliver on what they announced in 2013 even if it's not a huge library of games.

I want some of those Wii N64 VC titles for Wii U. If that's all we get, I would be fine with that as well. It would still be N64 VC on Wii U, just not any new N64 VC games.
Oh, I did not realize that they announced it already. Interesting.

greenteaa

Neo Member
Still clinging onto the hope that the whole "Zelda Wii U Delay and E3 absence" thing was an epic April fools trolling from Aonuma, and the game will insta-launch on the eShop directly after the direct.
tumblr_mxxzqsXpML1rl77wdo1_500.gif

T.T

It would be disappointing to me if Splatoon was the "secret" Treehouse game live-streamed. Makes sense for Nintendo to make it Splatoon, since it comes out in May, but I'm really hoping it's a surprise title. Yoshi would be awesome.

I hope the new Mario Kart 8 DLC tracks rely less on cross-overs with other games, and instead take all the new design elements from Mario Kart 8 and use them to make insane original tracks that challenge people that play the game on a regular basis.

It would be disappointing to me if Splatoon was the "secret" Treehouse game live-streamed. Makes sense for Nintendo to make it Splatoon, since it comes out in May, but I'm really hoping it's a surprise title. Yoshi would be awesome.
Knowing Nintendo, it is going to be Splatoon.
I would love for it to be Yoshi's Wooly World though!

What is this "surprise" everyone is banging on about?
I am setting my bar low and going to say an eShop title.

-Horizon-

Still clinging onto the hope that the whole "Zelda Wii U Delay and E3 absence" thing was an epic April fools trolling from Aonuma, and the game will insta-launch on the eShop directly after the direct.
tumblr_mxxzqsXpML1rl77wdo1_500.gif

T.T
I wish lol

I hope the new Mario Kart 8 DLC tracks rely less on cross-overs with other games, and instead take all the new design elements from Mario Kart 8 and use them to make insane original tracks that challenge people that play the game on a regular basis.
The tweet specifically calling out spring release title and Splatoon is the game that they seem to be really pushing for in terms of wanting a new core IP to be accepted by their fans. So yeah, keep expectations set on that coming after the direct.

JCX

Do I rush home and hope to make it in time for the direct, or stay at work super late to make sure I don't miss anything?

Top Bottom